Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Liz_Mayes

(Public Test Server and testing

9 comments in this topic

[ALLY]
[ALLY]
Members
37 posts
41,065 battles

I thought  test server was  for testing  & tweeking  before it  goes to main servers, if there  is  NOT  many there  you have  made  rewards for  test server NO GOOD, Im forced  to test  now & get 0 rewards WG at is  finest!!

[-VT-]
Members
1,044 posts
43,444 battles

Now here is a discussion we have visited before.

WG wants new features tested and reaches out to the player community to assist.  But players have a limited time available to play WoWs in the first place so if the incentive to test is not attractive...then...less than ideal number of testers.  Also, better players, in my experience, generally avoid the testing bit overall.  They get more bang for their time in randoms/Ranked/CW.

Said it before...WG should hire a group to test their product.  Pay good players to test features before release.  Would save some of the retrofit situations we have all seen post-testing.

~Sab

• Meh 1

[CUDA]
Members
1,452 posts
13,975 battles

I like public test because I can play with ships I don't have yet. As for the test part, I provide input when I'm particularly happy or unhappy about something new. Much of the time I don't even notice a difference. I do wish the experience would transfer back to my regular account, maybe just the Free XP and elite commander XP.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,105 posts
29,413 battles
43 minutes ago, Swervenkill said:

I like public test because I can play with ships I don't have yet.

That, and with proposed changes to ships and commanders you DO have and might want to change.

This, I feel, is the strongest part of it. As for the events, I just grab the low-hanging fruit and back out.

[MI-BR]
Members
267 posts
4,935 battles

I earned 1000 community tokens last weekend just playing a few coop games in Tier X ships I never get near in the regular game. This was just part of what was available.

Will do the same again this weekend. 2000 community tokens buys quite a few flags and cammos or can be saved up to get a ship.

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

If you really wanna test a ship, Test it in battle with randoms.

If the people love it very much, everyone and their mother will get em with both hands.

If the ship is too crappy? Well... you wont be seeing that anymore in the game. You would think WG has had 7 years to build a ship worth something in battle. But no they constantly output overbalanced crappy ships that are meh in many ways.

Edited by xHeavy

[ALLY]
[ALLY]
Members
37 posts
41,065 battles

wee gee  had guys  that tested  this  out,called  the  CCs,but  some how screwed  them over  alot  of really  good  peeps  left they NDA .

• Meh 1

[ARR0W]
Members
6,168 posts
32,942 battles

Test server locked up twice in armory yesterday, so nah. 

Game is running fine on regular server. 

[LRM]
Members
1,808 posts
18,063 battles
20 hours ago, Liz_Mayes said:

I thought  test server was  for testing  & tweeking  before it  goes to main servers, if there  is  NOT  many there  you have  made  rewards for  test server NO GOOD, Im forced  to test  now & get 0 rewards WG at is  finest!!

can anyone translate this? What is he complaining about?