You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

Economy changes coming summer 2022

103 comments in this topic

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
9,080 battles

I will say that from watching the stream today that permanent bonuses are being separated from camos. It sounds like we will be able to keep the bonuses , but will be able to put them on different ships separate from camos. Not much was that besides this much so we will have to wait a bit. 

the bit from the 2022 roadmap world of warships article that talks about it here 

“Improvements

We plan to overhaul the in-game economic system and also separate it from ship exteriors. Economic bonuses will be separated from signals and camouflages and be made into a stand-alone entity. This means that you'll be able to choose your ship's appearance and select economic bonuses separately. Signals and camouflages will serve as elements of the exterior and yield combat bonuses only.”

[WOLF6]
Members
299 posts
12,801 battles

This was the one topic that made me the most nervous. It's so easy to screw the player base over with this and given the track record of WG, I almost expect it :(. 

Edited by Ghawain
  • Cool 11
  • Thanks 5
  • Boring 1

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
9,080 battles
7 minutes ago, Ghawain said:

This was the one topic that made me the most nervous. It's so easy to screw the player base over with this and given the track record of WG, I almost expect it :(. 

I was kinda surprised not to see more people publish threads on it honestly. It is very clear from the stream that camos and their bonuses are being permanently separated from each other sometime in a summer update to the game. Basically you can continue to choose camos, but the bonuses can be changed out on different ships as well. They were very vague on the details. 

[WOLFG]
Members
17,141 posts
20,565 battles
1 minute ago, landedkiller said:

They were very vague on the details. 

Probably why there haven't been many threads.  No one knows what it means.

[5IN]
Members
212 posts
3,872 battles

I'd guess they plan to converge PC version economy towards the console version, ie. disable the option of stacking the same economy bonus from different sources.

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator
1,493 posts
15,661 battles

Looking forward to talking about these changes on stream tomorrow!

• Cool 2

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
10,994 battles

Well....  my prediction is that the bonuses will become purchasable, just like combat flags are, and skins also but separately . Any perma camo bonuses will be baked into the ships themselves or a la Missou, as a mission.

I'm not liking it. At all.

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
Members
388 posts
14,238 battles

Sounds like a roadmap to a monetization scheme. I could see something being implemented like the micro transactions Ubisoft pulls where you can buy “x” booster and it last for “y” hours/battles. Or buy “z” booster for longer time/bigger gains. Then you have “freedom” of choosing whatever looks/camos on a ship that just has your booster tied to it.

Needless to say, when I stop enjoying this game due to the monetization/grind, I can and will happily walk away and hope others can find that line too for better use of their time.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[BWC]
Beta Testers
3,442 posts
9,987 battles

"Get yer torches an' pitchforks right here!  Free packet of matches with every sale!  Get 'em ahead o' the rush!  Hey you, sir!  You look like someone who needs a good excuse fo' one of these fine implements o' chaos an mayhem!  And you, ma'am!  I bet this here one would go real fine with tha' hair styl'n!  Come on down ta' Herby's Forum Riot Shop!  We gots what ya need before th' big BBQ!"

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 12
  • Boring 3

[WOLFG]
Members
17,141 posts
20,565 battles
1 minute ago, Jakob_Knight said:

"Get yer torches an' pitchforks right here!  Free packet of matches with every sale!  Get 'em ahead o' the rush!  Hey you, sir!  You look like someone who needs a good excuse fo' one of these fine implements o' chaos an mayhem!  And you, ma'am!  I bet this here one would go real fine with tha' hair styl'n!  Come on down ta' Herby's Forum Riot Shop!  We gots what ya need before th' big BBQ!"

Matches?

I'm running a high end shop.  50% discount on refills for first 30 days.

Image result for Flame thrower

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator
1,493 posts
15,661 battles
2 minutes ago, Jakob_Knight said:

I shall NOT be bbq'd!

I shall be slow-roasted with a nice honey glaze...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Haha 4
  • Meh 2

[WOLFG]
Members
17,141 posts
20,565 battles
Just now, Boggzy said:

I shall NOT be bbq'd!

Depends on how my sales go.

[BWC]
Beta Testers
3,442 posts
9,987 battles
2 minutes ago, Boggzy said:

I shall NOT be bbq'd!

At last!  -Someone- with excellent taste!

[BUOY]
Members
2,223 posts
22,219 battles
9 minutes ago, ZaCLoNe said:

Sounds like a roadmap to a monetization scheme. I could see something being implemented like the micro transactions Ubisoft pulls where you can buy “x” booster and it last for “y” hours/battles. Or buy “z” booster for longer time/bigger gains. Then you have “freedom” of choosing whatever looks/camos on a ship that just has your booster tied to it.

Needless to say, when I stop enjoying this game due to the monetization/grind, I can and will happily walk away and hope others can find that line too for better use of their time.

Honestly I just hope this 'Big Announcement' means you can keep your permaflage on and then just select a 1x use camo that will actually provide the bonus (while using up that 1x use camo). Or maybe even use 1x use camo bonuses from one in substitute for other 1x use camos i.e. you love the look of Type 5 but don't use because no eco bonuses... well now you can just plop on a Mosaic bonus and have your aesthetic and Type 5 too.

[NMKJT]
Members
4,302 posts
9,133 battles
17 minutes ago, Yamashiro42 said:

I'd guess they plan to converge PC version economy towards the console version, ie. disable the option of stacking the same economy bonus from different sources. 

That'd be my guess too. If the economy is too generous for their tastes, that's one of the easiest ways for them to slow it down.

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
10,994 battles
6 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

Honestly I just hope this 'Big Announcement' means you can keep your permaflage on and then just select a 1x use camo that will actually provide the bonus (while using up that 1x use camo). Or maybe even use 1x use camo bonuses from one in substitute for other 1x use camos i.e. you love the look of Type 5 but don't use because no eco bonuses... well now you can just plop on a Mosaic bonus and have your aesthetic and Type 5 too.

Yes, but.......where is the purpose and the gain for WG in that? I mean.....is work, possibly a LOT. Purchasable economic bonuses...that kinda makes sense. 

[WOLFG]
Members
1,252 posts
21,791 battles

I'd suggest people to stop buying permanent camo until we find out exactly what WG is planning. Was gonna buy a couple more permanent camo for my tier 10 ships (31/42 of them have permanent camos, which 13 I bought at $20 each for the tech tree ships), but not with the uncertainty of what is going to happen to those valuable economic bonuses. 

Edited by Colonel_Potter
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
10 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

Yes, but.......where is the purpose and the gain for WG in that? I mean.....is work, possibly a LOT. Purchasable economic bonuses...that kinda makes sense. 

Well, its an opportunity to go from making one sale with the current camos, to switching over to a system of at least two sales, one for an economic bonus, and then they can sell camos over and over again.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,422 posts
15,698 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Probably why there haven't been many threads.  No one knows what it means.

That never stopped anybody before .

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-UCS-]
Members
376 posts
17,255 battles

I have literally thousands of single use camos and hundreds with credit multipliers. Is WG going take make me use them or lose them? 

• Thanks 2

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
1,504 posts
8,467 battles

Kobayashi camos anyone? Wonder what happens to those. And are we now going to have 'bonus slot' limitations? I got a bad feeling about this.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,898 posts
7,848 battles
38 minutes ago, Boggzy said:

I shall NOT be bbq'd!

Slow roast is always best roast.     

While we are on the topic. 
Slow roasts are awesome but I don't think you can get away from well done. 

I haven't yet managed a medium rare beef roast that wasn't also somewhat tough at the same time. 

• Funny 1

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,551 posts
20,985 battles
8 minutes ago, Colonel_Potter said:

I'd suggest people to stop buying permanent camo until we find out exactly what WG is planning. Was gonna buy a couple more permanent camo for my tier 10 ships (31/42 of them have permanent camos, which 13 I bought at $20 each for the tech tree ships), but not with the uncertainty of what is going to happen to those valuable economic bonuses. 

That's easy. Have 36 tier 10's and the only one's that have perma camo on them are those that came with it. Have never bought a tier 10 or any other for that matter with the exception of one (for the Haida).

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
10,994 battles
13 minutes ago, Colonel_Potter said:

I would say the other way around. There would be an immense backlash against gimping existing purchased permacamos and possibly ships. Arguably nobody would dare that.

i would even go on record saying that now it would be a good investment to purchase them.

Still... I don't get the reason for all of this. Making the game less newcomer friendly and more grindy.......makes no sense, whatsoever. In fact arguably goes against what the past years were all about.....

Edited by Bandi73
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,104 posts
29,413 battles
31 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

Honestly I just hope this 'Big Announcement' means you can keep your permaflage on and then just select a 1x use camo that will actually provide the bonus

Mix and match. You love the look of the Asian Lantern camo but you don't want to burn your mega bonuses each time you go out in co-op, so you can select the Type 5 econ bonus (22500 cr a shot) and the Asian Lantern palette. Or if you have the National perma for the Warspite you can select its econ bonus and whatever skin you please. 

Buyers of permacamo would in effect be purchasing an infinitely reusable econ bonus to which they could apply any palette they saw fit, either the standard one that comes attached to it or something completely different. But let's wait for the details.