You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jambock

Info about high tier"coal" ships.

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
5 posts
2,109 battles

Hi, can someone tell me whats the best high tier ships that we can buy with coal? Thanks in advance.

Members
808 posts

Sorry to tell you but the best ones are gone, removed. Those left are OK but nowhere as special as ships like Musashi, Jean Bart, Smolensk, Thunderer....  

In fact, WG is just moving standard tree ships like Kurfhurst to the Armory as coal ships. There's been nothing special or significant added for at least a year and I don't suspect to see much in the future as WG cranks up their monetization up a few more notches which translates to get less for more. 
It's the same way they just stopped adding premium ships for FXP several years ago without bothering to announce it. 

Beta Testers
5 posts
2,109 battles

Man that sucks :/ No chance of them come back not even in a seasonal event for example? Just got back to the game after years and this notice isn't something that make me really hyped with the game status... (in truth i have been playing with my japanese CVs and man now they sucks hard :/ )

[RSL]
Members
897 posts
13,676 battles
8 minutes ago, Jambock said:

Man that sucks :/ No chance of them come back not even in a seasonal event for example? Just got back to the game after years and this notice isn't something that make me really hyped with the game status... (in truth i have been playing with my japanese CVs and man now they sucks hard :/ )

IJN CV's are fine.

Also, there are still some excellent ships in the Armory for coal. Marceau is extremely strong, yet can be hard to play. Napoli may not be the strongest but is extremely fun to play with SAP secondaries, exhaust smoke, great armor and low conceal. Salem is a great ship, though up to you if you want to spend coal on different DM flavor. Immelman is a very good CV as well as being extremely fun to play.

Members
221 posts
11,670 battles

Is the Haku still the strongest CV besides Nakimov and Kaga is also very strong, not sure why you think Japanese CVs suck.

Beta Testers
5 posts
2,109 battles
9 minutes ago, MemezRus said:

Is the Haku still the strongest CV besides Nakimov and Kaga is also very strong, not sure why you think Japanese CVs suck.

In my case i'm always stuck in higher lvl battles and my planes are destroyed even for a single ship AA (not all times but most of the times) before i can do a second attack run for example. Hardly a single plane come back to the carrier. This don't happens with any other CVs i have (USA, German, Soviet and UK).

PS.: I have lvl IV and VI Cvs; it happens with IJN Ryujo (VI) but not with USS Ranger (VI) for example.

Members
221 posts
11,670 battles
6 minutes ago, Jambock said:

In my case i'm always stuck in higher lvl battles and my planes are destroyed even for a single ship AA (not all times but most of the times) before i can do a second attack run for example. Hardly a single plane come back to the carrier. This don't happens with any other CVs i have (USA, German, Soviet and UK).

PS.: I have lvl IV and VI Cvs; it happens with IJN Ryujo (VI) but not with USS Ranger (VI) for example.

I would recommend you watch some of @Ahskance YouTube carrier tutorials, helped me learn CV. But when you are up tiered, you need to make sure you don't attack into groups of ships, look for ways to make yourself useful. Look for isolated targets, or hunt/spot DDs. Also pre-drop before more often when you are up tiered so you don't end up losing whole squadrons. 

Beta Testers
5 posts
2,109 battles
Just now, MemezRus said:

I would recommend you watch some of @Ahskance YouTube carrier tutorials, helped me learn CV. But when you are up tiered, you need to make sure you don't attack into groups of ships, look for ways to make yourself useful. Look for isolated targets, or hunt/spot DDs. Also pre-drop before more often when you are up tiered so you don't end up losing whole squadrons. 

K, thanks for the tip; i'll take a look on the tutorials.

[LRM]
Members
1,806 posts
18,052 battles
23 hours ago, Jambock said:

Hi, can someone tell me whats the best high tier ships that we can buy with coal? Thanks in advance.

french DD Marceau is one of the best currently, and also relatively easy to play. The gameplay is: you cruise at 50 knots at 13-14 km from the enemy and burn them (mostly BBs).Then will try to fire at you, but miss because you are insanely fast. If some red dd is spotted, you also kill him.  Also there is a saturation mechanic, after a few hits at you, that hull part starts to take half the damage. Just make sure your captain has that skill that extends range, it's 4-pt skill in the lower left corner. Concealment skill is not a priority because you are always firing, they will see you anyway.