Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Qilang

Marlbough

8 comments in this topic

[REVEN]
Members
610 posts
15 minutes ago, Prkl8r said:

IDK do you consider 75 steel once a year worth 7500 gold?

no

[SUNK-]
Members
331 posts
8,229 battles

Depends on how much you want to spend on the game and if you really want to have a t9 premium. Sure there are better t9 premium's, but not for 7500 doubloons. The Marlbough is squishy and the shells are fairly weak, but you do get 16 guns with a below average BB reload which makes it kind of fun. Think of it like a German cruiser, squishy and not the most accurate but high HE pen and get potential AP DPM. Also you get the other stuff along with the ship, IE the steel, coals, etc. or what ever you have not received from the dockyard yet.

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

Are you a ship collector? If yes then…maybe. You’re paying 7,500 dubs for a dedicated port queen. If you can stomach that, go ahead. Are you not a ship collector, or only care about competitive ships? Then hell no. Pass on Marlborough and wait for something better. 

• Thanks 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,881 posts
22,335 battles

I had the same question as the Op but went ahead and picked up the Marlborough for 7500 doubloons, because I also wanted the extra crates that came along with finishing the event. I ended up with a 2500 doubloon crate so the cost dropped to 5000 doubloons. For me this was an acceptable cost for a T9 premium BB. I played a few battles in it and will confirm it's a rather weak ship but has great concealment which mitigates some issues, but certainly not all of them.

It's a very challenging ship to play to say the least. I wish you luck with your decision. 

SpongeBob Gif - IceGif

[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
2,262 posts
26,520 battles

You can land all 16 on a T10 bb and it will be 12-8k damage.

Then they shoot back and devstrike you as you are made of wet paper.

For coop it's great, fast efficient farming of missions. 120 main battery hits in a bb? That's maybe one game.

It's a mission farmer for sure. 

It's quite enjoyable for coop.