You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NightTerror

Invisible Friends??

7 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
168 posts
20,603 battles

My brother and I play WOWs together.  Recently he changed his in-game name.  Now he appears offline to me, even when he is in game.  Not a deal breaker, but has this occurred to anyone else?  I dropped him and adding him a few times, but to no avail.

Thanks

NT

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
168 posts
20,603 battles
36 minutes ago, arch4random said:

maybe you blacklisted him by mistake

I did check that.  Thanks.

NT

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,436 battles

Have you tried re-adding him? Not sure how the friends list is stored but it might not reflect name changes on the server.

Edited by Compassghost

[CRMPI]
Members
307 posts
9,556 battles
On 1/31/2022 at 12:06 PM, NightTerror said:

My brother and I play WOWs together.  Recently he changed his in-game name.  Now he appears offline to me, even when he is in game.  Not a deal breaker, but has this occurred to anyone else?  I dropped him and adding him a few times, but to no avail.

Thanks

NT

Yes, I recently changed my user name and sure enough, some people like one of the Twitch streamers I play with at times, can't see me anymore when I'm online. She sees me in her contact list, but it shows me offline when I'm actually online.
I have to invite her to a division and then transfer control to her, because she can't invite me from her end, because I appear offline, even though I am not offline.

[NGA-A]
Volunteer Moderator
332 posts
9,617 battles

I've also had this issue. Weird sending messages to someone who is shown as "offline". This hasn't happened since i have changed Clans, but I don't know if that is a "fix" since this has been a recurring (but intermittent) issue for me.

Guess I should send in a bug report!

Members
234 posts
13,159 battles

I have the same problem.  A new player I invited through the recruiting station.  He'll appear offline to me even when he's online.  If I go to the recruiting station I can see that he's Online, but in my friends list he appears offline.  If he sends me a Division invite, I accept and then he'll appear online to me.