Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

Everyone is trying to get 10 citadels in a random game

23 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles
21 minutes ago, ArnoldSchoenberg said:

The game is flooded with battleships.

I think if we do each other a favor, we should all be running cruisers to complete this mission.

This is for last week's final Pan-Asia task, right? They do know there's no tokens behind that mission, right?

[CO-OP]
Members
5,197 posts
43,292 battles
27 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is for last week's final Pan-Asia task, right? They do know there's no tokens behind that mission, right?

That mission isn't available until next week (and only requires 7 citadels, not 10.)  I'm not sure what mission the OP is referring to.

[NUWES]
Members
3,848 posts
15,806 battles
1 hour ago, ArnoldSchoenberg said:

I think if we do each other a favor, we should all be running cruisers to complete this mission.

Des Moines and Salem are the kings at this one between high ROF and improved auto-bounce angles. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
628 posts
14,850 battles
8 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

Des Moines and Salem are the kings at this one between high ROF and improved auto-bounce angles. 

Last time I needed citadels I had to take a break, and then I got 11 in 1 game. With a Chapayev ...

• Cool 1

[REKTD]
Members
1,216 posts
15,730 battles

In the Prinz Eitel Friedrich contest, there was a 12 citadels mission that was giving me fits. I finally read here to use Coop, and Jervis in Coop handled this in 2 tries. I can’t remember is it was 12 in a single mission or cumulative, but British destroyer’s AP was surprising.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles
1 hour ago, HamptonRoads said:

That mission isn't available until next week (and only requires 7 citadels, not 10.)  I'm not sure what mission the OP is referring to.

This one: 

image.thumb.png.8c036844f6cb7f57c8646a455b07d8f4.png

[NES]
Members
299 posts
8,323 battles

That's so easy to get in a Leander or Fiji against another cruiser. You can probably get 7-9 cit's in one salvo at a close range. 

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles
6 minutes ago, jondoom said:

That's so easy to get in a Leander or Fiji against another cruiser. You can probably get 7-9 cit's in one salvo at a close range. 

American and Dutch bot cruisers are the best because they can't torpedo you from the grave during the driveby.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles
1 hour ago, BlackAngelCom said:

German CV says hi. Did that by accident in two passes of going after a cruiser with rocket planes.

Was that against CLs?  CLs with their thing belts in particular are real susceptible to it.  Especially RNCLs.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,551 posts
20,964 battles

Talk about a big nothing burger. Nothing like crying about a mission that might be on the harder side to do that isn't even needed to complete the mission chain.

And for the title of this thread, hands up anyone that is actually going out of their way to do this mission.

• Meh 3

[NGA-A]
Members
2,654 posts
17,751 battles
8 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Talk about a big nothing burger. Nothing like crying about a mission that might be on the harder side to do that isn't even needed to complete the mission chain.

And for the title of this thread, hands up anyone that is actually going out of their way to do this mission.

I'd finished that mission chain and was completely apathetic towards that mission when I did this:

155055278_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.704bad7dde3602b262899e469f040b71.png

For all the times this game can frustrate me, some games make it all worth it. If we discount the CV rework.

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,688 posts
14,166 battles
7 hours ago, Tzarevitch said:

Yep, any time there is a cit mission I take my Salem into COOP and get it done rather quickly.

[NGA-A]
Members
2,654 posts
17,751 battles
2 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

Yep, any time there is a cit mission I take my Salem into COOP and get it done rather quickly.

Only problem with that is that the mission the OP is referring to is Random/Ranked-only. Still, I agree that DM/Salem is a good choice, Minotaur and a couple others are also relatively good at getting cits nice and fast.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles
14 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

when I did this:

Nice.

One of the things I have serious trouble getting in Dutch cruisers is citadels. Are Haarlem's guns that much better than Eendracht's that you did this, or did you just get very lucky?

[-UCS-]
Members
374 posts
17,194 battles

Stalingrad is a Pez Dispenser for citadels. Get on a flank and turn in. It’s beefy enough to survive some shelling and those shells will citadel most anything. Pro-tip: Minotaur is a piggy bank full of cits, make sure you raid it. 

Beta Testers
1,127 posts
5,891 battles
16 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Was that against CLs?  CLs with their thing belts in particular are real susceptible to it.  Especially RNCLs.

IJN heavy that couldn't turn due to incoming fire. First strike 4, second strike 7. 

I was just trying to win for the 200% + premium + all flags. I'll pray for his soul later.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,856 posts
12,319 battles
20 hours ago, ArnoldSchoenberg said:

Funny thing is, you can run a minotaur and get the achievement in a single battle just be suicide rushing the red light cruisers (other minos, etc). :P 

[SIT]
Members
102 posts
11,615 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

One of the things I have serious trouble getting in Dutch cruisers is citadels. Are Haarlem's guns that much better than Eendracht's that you did this, or did you just get very lucky?

The dutch cruisers are great. The harleem is a gudbote, but the Gorden Leeuw is my new fave cruiser in the game.(that i have anyway) Tanky af, accurate, both HE and AP shells are very good. 1v1d a full health kremlin yesterday in one. Surprised him coming around an island, between the 2 plane strikes and a salvo of AP to his broadside at close range...dead in a matter of seconds. It's also pretty dang agile.AP seems like a petro but able to dodge torps and good HE dmg, with fires a plenty.

PS: i suck at cruisers typically.

Edited by Ariochaotik

[LRM]
Members
1,797 posts
18,043 battles
On 1/31/2022 at 3:54 PM, ArnoldSchoenberg said:

why even bother with "do X in single game" stuff? Use the other option. I am not even sure which one, all my missions completed themselves, I was just playing normally...