Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mono_De_Mantequilla

Apostrophes are Serious Business

14 comments in this topic

[A-I-M]
Members
4,956 posts
18,539 battles
11 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

You use too many apostrophe’s.

And you’re making incorrect usage of the one in your message. The apostrophe mark is not used to indicate plural form, not even for the word “apostrophe.”

Members
51 posts
1,048 battles
1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

And you’re making incorrect usage of the one in your message. The apostrophe mark is not used to indicate plural form, not even for the word “apostrophe.”

whoosh?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 3

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
1 hour ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

"Apostrophes" is not possessive.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
984 posts
2 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

/r/woosh/

• Cool 1

Members
1,147 posts
5 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

You missed the joke (look at the OP's use of them).

Edited by tangofan

[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,116 battles
3 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

It was a parody of what the OP does.

4 hours ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

3 hours ago, Stormbringer924 said:

Thank you for your replie's. At least I'm not just being a whinny be-atch. I still have hope and I still want to see ya'all in game on the sea of battle. The funny thing is that the older ship's are making a comeback. The old mechanic's are slapping the new ship's around pretty good. The montana has re-imerged as a grand lady again. as well as other old ship's whose good point's have been forgotten to the new crowd. 

When a word is plural you don't use apostrophes before the "s" OP...

You only do that to show possession (belonging to)...or if letters are omitted.

Examples:

The ships sailed in formation. (Plural..no apostrophe).

The ship's rudder was jammed. (possessive: the rudder belongs to the ship).

That ship's got a cool camo. (Short for "ship has"...letters "ha" missing).

Beta Testers
1,255 posts
17,554 battles
17 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

The ship's rudder was jammed. (possessive: the rudder belongs to the ship).

Shouldn't that be ships' for possessive? I always get them confused...

Members
653 posts
1 hour ago, hexeris said:

That would be used for the plural, in your case it would mean there was more than one ship whose rudder was jammed.

The ships' rudders were jammed.

Edited by Lazy_Joe
  • Cool 1

Members
1,147 posts
8 hours ago, hexeris said:

This is possessive for plural, that is if the rudders of multiple ships got jammed. It is also (sometimes) used as a singular possessive, if the noun ends in an "s": https://www.thesaurus.com/e/grammar/whats-the-rule-for-doing-a-possessive-after-the-word-s/

Members
1,426 posts
18,013 battles
4 hours ago, Stormbringer924 said:

I thank ya'all for your replie's. I think that the underlying theme is it's frustrating. I played for 4 hour's tonight and had 2 game's that lasted under 6 min. had 3 that lasted under 9 min. The carnage was palpable. It is like the lunatic's are running the acylium. I get that random play is a free for all. But damn, Is their not a better way? I don't know how or why but, there has to be a happy medium. I had 1 game tonight where my entire team was wiped out in less than 6 min. how are we to have fun when those we are paired with are so inept that we can't even try to impact the outcome. I know thier are new player's and I have tryed to help them as much as I can. I invite them to team up and try to guide them as best I can. I give as much help as they are willing to accept, but I can't fix stupid. That being said, it is frustrating. At least my ashitaka still lay's waste to all!  LOL

Thank you for you're attention

Good God, again with the apostrophes!  It is hard to take even a rant seriously when it is so full of such things.  Not to mention the spelling.

Edited by Mono_De_Mantequilla
  • Boring 1

[CREDO]
Members
2,457 posts
9,234 battles
31 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Good God, again with the apostrophes!  It is hard to take even a rant seriously when it is so full of such things.  Not to mention the spelling.

waaaaaiiiiit a sec i thought the best rants were supposed to walls of text with nothing but extra apostrophes and no commas and maybe a pile of dashes dots and/or periods because otherwise they would be too easy to read and people might even stick with it long enough to discover what you might have been raging about and i only counted 7 or maybe 8 apostrophes and only one of them was in the right place or used correctly and that word was out of context if it's even a real word anywhere where there's not a bunch of inbreds lurking about and i only tossed that part in there to see if anybody was still reading this moronic level monotribe (which is a real thing because you are reading this and nobody in their right mind would bother to finish reading all the way thru much less responding but that is sort of what i was hoping for you know??

butt eye digress... and find it a good thing to respond to the OP, because that's the right thing to do!!

while it's possible that WG set up the win rate to make it tougher for people that are playing at a higher level to run up high PRs, every time i get a decent win streak going, the defeat string dwarfs them long before i get unicum. or maybe it's just me, not wanting to be a star in this game.

:o)  spud

• Cool 3
  • Funny 5

Sign in to follow this