You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Atlaa

Credit Problem

49 comments in this topic

Members
37 posts
918 battles

Ever since I started the game on this account I have been in a credit starvation. I have been grinding through lines so fast that I'm always short. Currently I have researched ships such as Nakhimov, Tashkent, and have been saving up for Persulen. I currently already have premium time, and have Kearsarge and Pommern (tier IX premium bb's). 

Is there any other way I can earn credits really fast? 

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[-UCS-]
Members
375 posts
17,208 battles

Load a premium boat with economic flags and run the crap out of it during Narai week. Do the op until your eyes bleed. 

Have you sold the stock modules for ships as you work through? I played for quite awhile before I learned this and got a big payday on the first clean out. 

Watch times when WG offers free demount of upgrades. Go through your ships, especially the ones you no longer play, and demount the upgrades. When you buy a new ship, then you have one to mount for free. 

Division stars is currently running. First win with a clan mate in a division will net you $1.0m credits. 

WG is tightening the credit economy, taking away flags, camo, nerfing Missouri, nerfed Operations payouts. We just have to adapt. 

• Cool 2

[WFR]
Members
622 posts

Run your Prems with lots of signal flags, resell old ships/modules, play more T/6/7/8 than T9/10 with tech line ships, buy Premium camos and Econ signals.

The game is designed such that if you're grinding through tech lines fast, and playing lots of higher tier tech line ships, you're going to be credit starved. That's a fundamental inherent part of the game economy that pays WG's bills, so there's going to be a limit to mitigation there.

Edited by Molonious
  • Cool 1

Members
37 posts
918 battles
1 minute ago, sdj_2016 said:

Load a premium boat with economic flags and run the crap out of it during Narai week. Do the op until your eyes bleed. 

Have you sold the stock modules for ships as you work through? I played for quite awhile before I learned this and got a big payday on the first clean out. 

Watch times when WG offers free demount of upgrades. Go through your ships, especially the ones you no longer play, and demount the upgrades. When you buy a new ship, then you have one to mount for free. 

Division stars is currently running. First win with a clan mate in a division will net you $1.0m credits. 

WG is tightening the credit economy, taking away flags, camo, nerfing Missouri, nerfed Operations payouts. We just have to adapt. 

I have actually never played operations, guess I gotta try Narai out. 

I have sold all unnecessary modules already.

I have already done the division stars for the 1mil credits. 

I'm currently doing the yamaoto campaign and getting 1.5mil credits for the earn 3mil credits challenge.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
3,898 posts
7,848 battles
41 minutes ago, Atlaa said:

Ever since I started the game on this account I have been in a credit starvation. I have been grinding through lines so fast that I'm always short. Currently I have researched ships such as Nakhimov, Tashkent, and have been saving up for Persulen. I currently already have premium time, and have Kearsarge and Pommern (tier IX premium bb's). 

Play T8 apply whatever eco flags you have  and farm damage on higher tier ships. 

• Cool 1

[SOUS]
Members
769 posts
6,638 battles

This game, along with the other games WG develops, are designed this way, which is wrong, they shouldn't be making everything so expensive that it takes half of your credits and leaves you with 2 million or below, upgrades are too high, modules are too high, I've only had about 20 million credits once or twice, and I have been playing since 2016, makes it hard to get new ships, upgrades and modules, that's why they have bundles to buy credits in the premium shop, I wouldn't buy those in a million years. They will go fast as well.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLFG]
Members
17,120 posts
20,505 battles

It's not just a problem, it's a feature.

To get you to spend money for premium time (you have) and/or perma camos and/or premium ships.  Or play lower tiers (forcing more games to complete tech tree grinds).

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
31,078 posts
29,316 battles
58 minutes ago, Atlaa said:

No. You look like you're doing just about everything you can.

The good news is that pixel boats don't run out, and short of WG withdrawing something to replace it with something else, nobody's going to "buy the last one on the shelf" and leave you empty-handed.

Believe me, I feel that crunch. I got a whole lot of bonus credits from the various New Year duplicate ships and I've already spent most of them on high-tier ships I'm unlocking. I'm looking forward to about 20 million once GK and Khaba go premium, and they're just about spoken for as well.  I'm also going to get shiploads from a line reset at the end of the week (research bureau season ends on Saturday, I think), but I've got to keep most of that back for rebuying the ships eventually. 

I've got four grinds looking to finish in the next 30-ish days (I take them as small bites per day), and three of them (a T9 and two T10) are going to finish within a few days of each other. The good thing about it is the ablility to just leave them unlocked and pick them up as soon as I earn the credits for them. It doesn't HAVE to be right away. 

The guys who have credits in the billions are mostly there either because this game is their life, or because they've been in since it went live and have had a lot more time to research the older lines, so the older tech trees stopped being a credit suck for them years ago. 

• Cool 1

[X-PN]
Members
3,837 posts
17,722 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The guys who have credits in the billions are mostly there either because this game is their life, or because they've been in since it went live and have had a lot more time to research the older lines, so the older tech trees stopped being a credit suck for them years ago. 

Sort of.  More accurately they start to run out of things to spend money.  I have basically run out of lines that I care to grind for.  The only other thing I spend money on is flags which I mount on most games.  That actually is rather expensive, but since I don't spend on anything else I still accumulate at a modest pace..  However, if you want more money don't buy flags....if you haven't stopped already.

Now my alt account is still in building mode so always short of credits there.  It's the built in bottleneck to fast account growth.

• Cool 2

[AM-PM]
Members
325 posts
8,626 battles

I'll drop this in here for you.  I don't know who the original poster was or I'd give them credit.  I downloaded this to my desktop to remind me what I "should" be doing :)

Pommern is great and pretty high up the list.  If you're looking into Operations (which I usually enjoy), the German premiums are awesome with Lutjens as commander (secondary bbs like Pommern are also awesome with Lutjens).  Also from the chart look at Warspite and Graf Spee with their "national" camo that's available in their respective Exterior->Camouflage tabs for dubs... I think those in operations might be the absolute best credit earners in PvE because of their +35% credit bonus in a high credit-earning scenario.

Note:  The Missouri from the chart is no longer available WITH the +30% Credit perma-mission that it originally came with so don't purchase it expecting more than a normal Tier IX premium earning potential.

Best regards!

wowsbonus.png

Edited by Arcus_Aesopi
Added Mighty Mo disclaimer/note
  • Cool 2

Members
6,889 posts
14,873 battles

Go slower thru the ships and build up credits unless you want to buy premium time.  As noted it is designed to get players to buy premium time and to slow people down from rushing up the lines.  Grab as much free premium time as you can and when you have it - play it.

• Cool 1

Members
1,422 posts
17,998 battles

If you play better, do more damage, you will earn more credits.  If you had great success while still in protected matchmaking, but have struggled a bit since reaching Tier V, maybe you should slow your rush up the tech trees and get more time in at the mid tiers.  You do not have to buy premium ships nor premium time to be able to play the game.  Just take your time and enjoy improving your play as you go.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,850 posts
30,540 battles

OP you just need to slow down. Play for a first win in whatever you are grinding and then move on to another ship. Maximize earnings by farming first wins. I banked huge amounts of credits when I started because I was grinding up to tier 6 on every ship line of every nation. Would only play for a first win and move on. This slows you down so you are not buying a high tier ship every week or every other week. Also play you premiums for a first win to help grind credits and captain XP. 

• Cool 4

[RLGN]
Members
19,142 posts
35,184 battles
19 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Go slower thru the ships and build up credits unless you want to buy premium time.  As noted it is designed to get players to buy premium time and to slow people down from rushing up the lines.  Grab as much free premium time as you can and when you have it - play it.

This.

Stop rushing the lines.

Take a break, and chill in medium tiers for many hundreds or a couple of thousand games.

It builds up your game currency, and helps you learn game mechanics.

• Cool 3

Members
37 posts
918 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

This.

Stop rushing the lines.

Take a break, and chill in medium tiers for many hundreds or a couple of thousand games.

Problem is I dont have any "mid-tier" ships.

My current ships are:

X - G. Kurfurst

IX - Pommern

IX - F.D.G

IX - Kearsarge

VIII - Pobeda 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,551 posts
20,974 battles

Then you need to buy back those mid tier ships to help fund playing those high tiers or any other grinding you may be doing, or you need to play much better in the high tiers to make them self sustainable.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,850 posts
30,540 battles
11 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Then you need to buy back those mid tier ships to help fund playing those high tiers or any other grinding you may be doing, or you need to play much better in the high tiers to make them self sustainable.

Yeah without mid tier ships to play or a bunch of premiums, OP has to just git gud. Not much else you can do at this point without re-buying ships. 

• Cool 1

[UNC]
Members
1,238 posts
7,459 battles
19 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

This.

Stop rushing the lines.

Seconding this.  I'm not here to tell anyone how to play or what they can and can't play, but I will say that I peeked at your stats and you are a detriment to your team at tier 9 and 10 currently.  You aren't making any credits because you aren't winning, and you aren't doing much damage.  Most players at top tier will have 10 times the number of games you have under your belt.  I don't think I got my first tier 10 until over 1500 games in.  This game definitely has a learning curve, and if you want to play well and contribute to your team you need to take the time to learn it.   Save some credits, go back and buy a tier 5/6 ship that you enjoyed and play the heck out of it.  After a couple hundred games, move on to tier 7.  Do it again and then go tier 8, etc.  You will be happier in the long run IMO if you do this. 

All that said, there are some excellent suggestions in this thread if you want to continue doing what you've been doing.  Good luck either way.

• Cool 2

Members
402 posts
11,526 battles
1 hour ago, Itsj_p said:

This game, along with the other games WG develops, are designed this way, which is wrong, they shouldn't be making everything so expensive that it takes half of your credits and leaves you with 2 million or below...

It's not wrong, it's actually good for the game as a whole.  The economy is rigged such that the average player will run out of credits by only playing t9-10 tech tree ships.  If you want to stay in high tier, you need to spend real money, either in the form of a premium account or premium ship with an econ bonus.  This is good for the game for two reasons.  First, it allows WG to make money to continue developing the game, and second, it keeps the mid tiers from depopulating. 

Be thankful the economy isn't nearly as punishing as it could be, for example in WoT. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,078 posts
29,316 battles
1 hour ago, YouSatInGum said:

More accurately they start to run out of things to spend money. 

1 hour ago, YouSatInGum said:

I have basically run out of lines that I care to grind for.

These two are not always the same, but they can be. I actually happen to agree with you inasmuch as I never saw any reason to grind to the top of any line just because it was there. I needed a solid motivation. My problem (inasmuch as it is one) is that I kept finding motivations (including but not limited to Moskva, GK and Khabarovsk) that hadn't initially been there. 

The Public Test Server is a particular offender in this regard. I'll go there to try something out "because I can"... and after two or three battles in it, I start to see all the reasons why I should have it in my port on the main server. 

Mind you, the other thing affecting credit woes is that the existence of Snowflakes acts as a strong discouragement to sell existing Tier 5+ ships once they are ground through. I used to sell mine off as soon as they'd earned enough that the nett earnings plus sale price would at least break even, but that's no longer happening.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,452 posts
10,192 battles
2 hours ago, Atlaa said:

As many have told before, this is not a problem but the way the game is designed. The natural gate to progression is credits (unless you whale), there's no way around it so the healthier way is to adjust your expectations accordingly. Eventually you'll get there. In your case I would recommend spamming Random matches with credit flags on, in which ever of your T9 premium ships you do better. Income is in direct correlation to damage delivered. 

Just to give you some perspective, I've over 20 T9 ships unlocked pending for purchase... over 400 million credits short. I'm able to buy a new ship every 2 weeks, I'll have it done in less than a year :)

[ARGSY]
Members
31,078 posts
29,316 battles
2 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Just to give you some perspective, I've over 20 T9 ships unlocked pending for purchase... over 400 million credits short.

Holy Carp. And I thought I had problems! :Smile_veryhappy: :Smile_coin:

[SALVO]
Members
16,452 posts
10,192 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Holy Carp. And I thought I had problems! :Smile_veryhappy: :Smile_coin:

Well, that's just T9... by the time I finish buying T9s I'll have almost all the T10s unlocked... like 600-700 million more at least. By the time I finish buying T10 there'll surely be a T11 (or Supertier or whatever you wanna call it)... baby steps, baby steps.

[USN-W]
[USN-W]
Members
488 posts
13,170 battles

I also have the same problem, T8 of almost every ship in the tech tree except the new adds, a few T9-10. I kept all my T6-7 ships and just do the scenarios when I need credits, with flags you can really pile up the credits and they are fun.  Which is the main reason you play the game "I hope"

[ARGSY]
Members
31,078 posts
29,316 battles
1 hour ago, Atlaa said:

Problem is I dont have any "mid-tier" ships.

My current ships are:

X - G. Kurfurst

IX - Pommern

IX - F.D.G

IX - Kearsarge

VIII - Pobeda 

I diagnose "race to Tier 10" syndrome. You need to take a few lines that aren't German to Tier 6 or 7.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1