Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

Temporarily Rejecting the First Win Bonus

14 comments in this topic

[NGA-A]
Members
2,654 posts
17,764 battles

Anyone think that it'd be nice if we had an option to say Yes or No for receiving the First Win. Maybe you had a really crappy game or accidently chose to go into co-op when you meant to go into Random. Or maybe the game kept booting you from the game for no discernible reason. 

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[_BDA_]
Members
906 posts
14,567 battles
12 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Anyone think that it'd be nice if we had an option to say Yes or No for receiving the First Win. Maybe you had a really crappy game or accidently chose to go into co-op when you meant to go into Random. Or maybe the game kept booting you from the game for no discernible reason. 

The first 2 reasons just sound like sour grapes.  The last, though, is spot on.  I cannot count the number of times the game has locked up or booted me out.

[APOC]
Alpha Tester
1,939 posts
7,725 battles

No thanks. Its -first- win. So if you had a lousy game sorry. Try again tomorrow. Everyone has a crappy game from time to time. Deal with it like the rest of us. No reason to cry on the forums just cause you had a bad game.

Nothing to see here.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 3

[NGA-A]
Members
2,654 posts
17,764 battles
1 minute ago, michael_zahnle said:

The first 2 reasons just sound like sour grapes.  The last, though, is spot on.  I cannot count the number of times the game has locked up or booted me out.

What if you take a couple big hits right at the start of things through sheer RNG? I once got a double citadel on a MInotaur at 20k in my Bismarck. A big hit at the start may not kill you, but it could force you to play a lot more cautiously than you would otherwise. And there are times I've meant to go into a Random game, but muscle memory would get the better of me. Besides, you'd still need to actually win the game in order to get the bonus. You could elect to not get the bonus and then spend the next ten games trying to get another win.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[APOC]
Alpha Tester
1,939 posts
7,725 battles
6 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

What if you take a couple big hits right at the start of things through sheer RNG? I once got a double citadel on a MInotaur at 20k in my Bismarck. A big hit at the start may not kill you, but it could force you to play a lot more cautiously than you would otherwise. And there are times I've meant to go into a Random game, but muscle memory would get the better of me. Besides, you'd still need to actually win the game in order to get the bonus. You could elect to not get the bonus and then spend the next ten games trying to get another win.

Sounds to me like you are trying to cherry pick things so that you can use your best game as the first win bonus. That's not how this works. I would say you can always division to try and get better chances at a good game but then again... Suck it up. You had a bad game. Deal with it and move on.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 3

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,878 battles

I found when I had connection issues to go into a Training Room and sit for 20 minutes...   let it lockup...

Keep trying until it clears up.

[NGA-A]
Members
2,654 posts
17,764 battles
4 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I found when I had connection issues to go into a Training Room and sit for 20 minutes...   let it lockup...

Keep trying until it clears up.

Yeah I cleared the issue up just by exiting the game and reloading. Still a little annoyed that I didn't get my first win bonus. Oh well, this is part of the reason I grind CVs in Co-op.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[NGA-A]
Members
2,654 posts
17,764 battles
1 minute ago, HamptonRoads said:

If you're having connection issues, it may be difficult to tell the server to "reject" the first-win bonus.

I mean, it could just be like the surveys you occasionally see at the end of each battle. Before the results screen, it'll ask you if you want to apply the First Win Bonus and you just select Yes or No.

• Meh 1

[SOUS]
Members
769 posts
6,648 battles

It's a temporary bonus, no need to fiddle with it and make it an on and off switch, if you lose, you lose, are people going to want camos, signals, special flags back when they lose, no, shouldn't be that way.

• Cool 1

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,389 posts
10,243 battles

opting out entirely would be a option, maybe. In my mind. But to toggle it as your going into a fight? Thats a bit much. A blanket toggle could be useful.

[CO-OP]
Members
5,205 posts
43,308 battles
27 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

I mean, it could just be like the surveys you occasionally see at the end of each battle. Before the results screen, it'll ask you if you want to apply the First Win Bonus and you just select Yes or No.

So, if you die early and start a new game, you'd be tying up bandwidth waiting to respond to a survey.  In addition, @Capt_JollyRoger noted earlier would mean that you would cherry pick your results.

• Cool 1

[NGA-A]
Members
2,654 posts
17,764 battles
5 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

So, if you die early and start a new game, you'd be tying up bandwidth waiting to respond to a survey.  In addition, @Capt_JollyRoger noted earlier would mean that you would cherry pick your results.

Who? Regardless, I'd argue that you really couldn't since you'd still need a win. And maybe as something of a fallacy, you'd either need to stay in the battle until the end in order to have the option of making a decision or you would get the First Win automatically.

Edited by JediMasterDraco
  • Meh 1

[BWC]
Beta Testers
3,432 posts
9,986 battles

Why not just switch ships between battles?  You get more xp that way and don't have to worry about not having a first win bonus on your best game of the night ( if that is the important thing to you ) .