Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Part Time Pobeda

7 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

As a part time CV player, I've taken a liking to Pobeda.  Took time to grow on me.  And I've reach a level where I feel comfortable regardless of tier, but still getting better. Tend to do better mid tier at T9 than bottom tier or top tier.  Oh, and I do use...cough...hidden menace...cough and seem to do fine despite its downsides.

• Meh 1

Members
1,031 posts
21,129 battles

I just started that grind, and I have no idea how people are effective with it. You get one skip bomb run that does 10k on the one ship that has bad enough armor to penetrate one time before it becomes saturated - then the rest of the planes hit like a 6 year old’s slap. DoT is unreliable unless you’re close enough to stack it, which is unlikely in World of KM Battlecruisers. 

I average 30k less than every other tier 8 CV (including the Chkalov, with its nice DBs). My Podeba does less than half the damage of my Zeppelin, which isn’t exactly winning awards for OP CV of the tier! Hell, I average 10k more damage in my Rhein! I average more damage with my Serov and Komsomolets (though only one game in the Kom).

The thing is garbage.

• Haha 1

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles
27 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

The thing is garbage.

Playing Pobeda makes it a LOT easier to beat Pobeda when on the other side.  

Had a game this weekend where someone was ranting about nerfing the skip bombs, after getting ripped by multiple sorties. They are really good against players who don't try to (or know how to) avoid them.  Not so good when folks know what to do.  

AA blobs are rough.  Some matches the players tend to understand...other matches they don't.  Picking targets is important even without running hidden menace.  Even more so when using it due to the flak death traps.  Now that I've figured out how to avoid flak death traps, the extra stealth is worth it to me as I tend to play aggressive positioning.  Skip bombing is the money shot, and keeping them alive to the end is important.   

I'm seriously considering acquiring the Chkalov for the SBD variance.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[RLGN]
Members
19,142 posts
35,184 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

As a part time CV player, I've taken a liking to Pobeda.  Took time to grow on me.  And I've reach a level where I feel comfortable regardless of tier, but still getting better. Tend to do better mid tier at T9 than bottom tier or top tier.  Oh, and I do use...cough...hidden menace...cough and seem to do fine despite its downsides.

I think my dislike of Baern stems from playing Komsomolets and Serov.

Like you said Soshi; if folks know what to do, the skip bombers are worthless.

On a related note; not forcing players to actually ‘skip’ the skip bombs, and allowing the stupid ‘bomb directly with the first skip line exploit,’ is a joke. If that was even going to be allowed, then just give the RU carriers (and Immelmann and Baern,) normal bombers.

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

On a related note; not forcing players to actually ‘skip’ the skip bombs, and allowing the stupid ‘bomb directly with the first skip line exploit,’ is a joke. 

Skip is a ranged shot and when played out correctly can significantly reduce AA damage.

First skip line drop is my specialty vs DDs, but only versus the one's with crappy AA.  Some out there will shred you left and right.

• Cool 1