You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
riff_

Tier V Japanese Cruiser

12 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
256 posts
180 battles

I see in the tech tree no tier 5 Japanese Cruiser?  Was it always empty or removed?

Thank You

Edited by riff_

[BUN]
Beta Testers
1,915 posts
6,595 battles

There are many Naval Unit's still under developement. The Tier 9 Japanese BB for example. The American BB's. The Japanese CV's. They had to add in what they had finished first to make the game "testable" and they will add in more units later on.

[XODUS]
Alpha Tester
4,697 posts
2,130 battles

We never had one, even in Alpha. It's been suggested that either Agano or Furutaka (in her original six single 7.9" guns configuration) are likely to fill that gap.

Alpha Tester
1,879 posts
21 battles

I see in the tech tree no tier 5 Japanese Cruiser?  Was it always empty or removed?

Thank You

It will be Furutaka

Beta Testers
19 posts
337 battles

If the Furutaka is thought too close to the Aoba (it is the same ship) there is an alternative: In 1930 the Japanese were finalizing a new scout cruiser design, cancelled due to the Depression. Same 14cm/50 caliber guns as the earlier cruisers but now in three twin turrets, all on the center-line and all high elevation. Also at least six 61cm torpedoes (I assume two triples). Armor max estimated at 120mm (proof against 15cm at 10,000 meters) - speed 35 knots, two seaplanes.

Put another way - matching to USN Tier V cruiser Omaha - but fully understand if Furutaka already close to availability. Far too much fun playing to really care!!!

Alpha Tester
1,879 posts
21 battles

really? time to look research ship specs for it! :3

Hopefully the holes will be patched soon enough but we'll see.

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,605 posts
7,195 battles

In the recent Japanese tech tree spotlight the Furutaka-class was tier V. I look forward to it. I can't get me enough of the IJN's CAs. I wonder if the extensive modernization will be an upgrade or if Wargaming deemed that it would be too close to the Aoba-class. For those that don't know, the Furutaka-class were reconstructed into a virtually identical configuration to the Aoba-class.

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,461 posts
1,963 battles

In the recent Japanese tech tree spotlight the Furutaka-class was tier V. I look forward to it. I can't get me enough of the IJN's CAs. I wonder if the extensive modernization will be an upgrade or if Wargaming deemed that it would be too close to the Aoba-class. For those that don't know, the Furutaka-class were reconstructed into a virtually identical configuration to the Aoba-class.

By the looks of it, Furutaka will get a refit.