You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

Roadmap for 2022

98 comments in this topic

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,887 posts
17,700 battles

As usual, about as clear as mud on something that'll be a huge change to the game, some things never change

• Cool 7
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Meh 2

[KIA]
Members
246 posts
26,083 battles

Read every word.  The only thing that got my interest is the signal rework.  It'd be nice if everything was just 1:1 transfer between the new and the old with no "interpretations".  My signal/camo hoard is giving side-eye to my Missouri.

• Cool 1

Wiki Editor
1,016 posts
5,481 battles
5 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

As usual, about as clear as mud on something that'll be a huge change to the game, some things never change

I understand if they want to maintain the element of surprise, but I've grown to dislike WoWs' surprises. Last time I was surprised, tier 11 was born. 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[SOUS]
Members
768 posts
6,638 battles
15 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

Maybe you don't understand the word “preliminary”.

• Meh 6

Wiki Editor
1,016 posts
5,481 battles
2 minutes ago, Itsj_p said:

Maybe you don't understand the word “preliminary”.

Maybe you need to cut the guy some slack? If your mayor addressed your city/town with a message like "We will be separating fines from violating bylaws" I'm pretty sure you would want to know more of the details. A little extreme, but you can't tell me that WoWs has no clue where they're going with these things, even the stuff a few months from now. 

• Cool 7

[WOLF5]
Members
2,442 posts
17,239 battles

The obvious concern as to this "separation" between combat bonuses and economic benefits is that certain camos (i. e., Kobayshi, Prinz Eugen, Graf Spee and others) were specifically sold for their economic values over that of the more "standard" camo....

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 8

[MELON]
Members
1,081 posts
3,022 battles

Nice to see USN DDs are getting their models updated. Hopefully that means more older tech tree lines will get the same treatment in the future

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,076 posts
29,316 battles

@Boggzy:

The powers that be need to explain clearly what is going to happen with the game economics, how it's going to work and how it will affect players, and they need to do it earlier rather than later, in the hands of announcers whose English is essentially perfect. (e.g. Vessery's probably very good at his job, but it's clear from watching the English-language stream that he struggles with it as a second language.) Whatever the St Pete's team does, you and Ahskance are going to have to dress it up for the NA crowd.

This is the BIG sticking point, the nexus around which a lot of uncertainty is beginning to swirl. I think I can vaguely grasp and guess how this might work, and if I'm right then everything will be fine, but if I'm not there will be torches and pitchforks which I could potentially see myself helping to hand out. 

Okay, that said, I like the idea of a container system by which you can leave aside the containers you might not want to open just yet (e.g. Wargaming containers with known premium time, and supercontainers, which might have it, saved for a time you know you can use it). 

British battlecruisers will be more than welcome. (maybe we finally get G3 and a tech-tree sister for Hood?).  Not sure what they're going to do with French cruisers, though. They said we're getting three, which means a line split at Tier 7 with Tiers 8 to 10 filling out the side branch... but if the new cruisers are light cruisers, that introduces a discontinuity at Algerie - players will be grinding T1 to T6 light, 7 heavy, 8-10 light. Hopefully it will make more sense when the relevant dev blog comes out.

Not sure how motivated I'll be to play Rogue Wave - hopefully there will be some fun rewards to be farmed out of that. 

Looking forward to further details.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Beta Testers
9 posts
1,058 battles

Thought things were finally gonna change when I started reading about the economic changes. Then it went down hill.

Still waiting for currencies to change. Gold and Free XP should be the same as WOT and WOWP.

So yeah, still not playing your game.

• Boring 2
  • Meh 2

Wiki Editor
1,016 posts
5,481 battles

Honestly, I hope the new British BBs don't have any gimmicks. I just want plain, good ol' fashioned ships. Make 'em fast (i.e. 32 knots), no speed boost. No reload boosters. Give 'em hydro, maybe better acceleration, but that's it. 

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
17,119 posts
20,503 battles

Sounds like economic signals are going away, along with economic bonuses on camos.

But there will still be a means to get them.  That part was a little "thin".

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,974 battles
2 minutes ago, Grand_Admiral_Murrel said:

Honestly, I hope the new British BBs don't have any gimmicks. I just want plain, good ol' fashioned ships. Make 'em fast (i.e. 32 knots), no speed boost. No reload boosters. Give 'em hydro, maybe better acceleration, but that's it. 

Judging by Incomparable, the T10 British battlecruiser introduced this patch, WG is doing literally the opposite. Shikishima guns, superheal, British acceleration, speed boost, hydro, extremely low concealment, and 10km torpedoes. It's a premium, but Wargaming very often uses premiums to test the waters for a new tech tree line. So nothing's final, but between Incomparable and the recent line of German battlecruisers (up to Schlieffen), I don't think you're going to see a low-gimmick approach to battlecruisers in general.

• Thanks 1

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
3,172 posts
9,066 battles
49 minutes ago, Grand_Admiral_Murrel said:

I understand if they want to maintain the element of surprise, but I've grown to dislike WoWs' surprises. Last time I was surprised, tier 11 was born. 

If missiles are added to the game through superships, then I am done and walking away. Same goes if these economy changes ruin my gameplay experience. 

• Cool 6

Members
261 posts
8,582 battles
40 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Nice to see USN DDs are getting their models updated. Hopefully that means more older tech tree lines will get the same treatment in the future

Some of IJN DDs could really use it. Not sure if this will extend to glaring modeling inaccuracies like Iron Duke, but I’d like to see those at some point. 

[D-DAY]
Members
7,602 posts
37 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

The obvious concern as to this "separation" between combat bonuses and economic benefits is that certain camos (i. e., Kobayshi, Prinz Eugen, Graf Spee and others) were specifically sold for their economic values over that of the more "standard" camo....

But this is a Global change - so they can get away with it. AA changes - Global, IFHE changes - Global, Smoke changes - Global, OWSF - Global, etc etc.

Not saying some changes weren't warranted, but as a community we generally accepted these Global changes, so now when WG want to address something they wheel out a Global change. :Smile_honoring:

Totally agree that when you bought those camos you bought it for the credit bonuses - but I remember a certain Polish DD that was literally advertised for its open water stealth fire ability; yet because of a 'Global' change, everything was ok. (I actually bought the Blyskawica after the OWSF change, so I knew what I was getting - but some had bought it before the change and WG didn't care).

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,974 battles
49 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

It'll be interesting to see what they mean by this. I would be extremely surprised if they chose to use this as an opportunity to screw over existing permacamo owners.

I suspect they're doing it for two reasons. One, partly in response to player requests to use a camo whose look you like but get econ bonuses from a different one.

And two, so they can start selling or giving out rewards that affect looks without affecting the in-game economy. Look at all the T6-8 permacamos they've given out as event rewards over the past few years, and imagine how much extra silver and XP has entered the in-game economy as a consequence of people having them. Now figure that if they separated the skin from the econ bonuses, they could give out (or sell) as many cool-looking skins as they want, without inflating in-game currency levels.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,076 posts
29,316 battles
22 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

It's a premium, but Wargaming very often uses premiums to test the waters for a new tech tree line.

There's only so much they can do in that direction, though. Most British battlecruisers/fast battleships up to the mid 1920s (suitable for T7 and maybe T8) were either cut in steel and a matter of record or so close to it (the G3's) as to make no difference. Things could get a bit sketchier at higher tiers, but I don't think you can use Incomparable as a reliable yardstick - even in design proposal terms, she was a one-off freak and even Fisher, for all his magnetism and clout, could not get her built.

It does raise the outside probability of Courageous or Glorious in their battlecruiser form; two twin 15 inch with a rate of fire buff to compensate for the low number of guns and maybe super-Agincourt levels of secondaries to balance that. They would need to be powerful given that their level of armour protection is somewhat along the level of an Emerald...

[LOMC]
Members
8 posts
5,478 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

@Boggzy:

The powers that be need to explain clearly what is going to happen with the game economics, how it's going to work and how it will affect players, and they need to do it earlier rather than later, in the hands of announcers whose English is essentially perfect. (e.g. Vessery's probably very good at his job, but it's clear from watching the English-language stream that he struggles with it as a second language.) Whatever the St Pete's team does, you and Ahskance are going to have to dress it up for the NA crowd.

This is the BIG sticking point, the nexus around which a lot of uncertainty is beginning to swirl. I think I can vaguely grasp and guess how this might work, and if I'm right then everything will be fine, but if I'm not there will be torches and pitchforks which I could potentially see myself helping to hand out. 

Okay, that said, I like the idea of a container system by which you can leave aside the containers you might not want to open just yet (e.g. Wargaming containers with known premium time, and supercontainers, which might have it, saved for a time you know you can use it). 

British battlecruisers will be more than welcome. (maybe we finally get G3 and a tech-tree sister for Hood?).  Not sure what they're going to do with French cruisers, though. They said we're getting three, which means a line split at Tier 7 with Tiers 8 to 10 filling out the side branch... but if the new cruisers are light cruisers, that introduces a discontinuity at Algerie - players will be grinding T1 to T6 light, 7 heavy, 8-10 light. Hopefully it will make more sense when the relevant dev blog comes out.

Not sure how motivated I'll be to play Rogue Wave - hopefully there will be some fun rewards to be farmed out of that. 

Looking forward to further details.

im starting to think we wont be getting a japanese battlecruiser line simply because at least 3 of the ship in the battleship line are battlecruisers

[ARGSY]
Members
31,076 posts
29,316 battles
23 hours ago, GunShipz said:

they are ONLY motivated by one thing... :

M O N E Y.

They are a business with server and development costs to meet, not a charity. They do not owe it to you to run at a shoestring profit while throwing globs of free and cut-price stuff everywhere.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 7

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

Judging by Incomparable, the T10 British battlecruiser introduced this patch, WG is doing literally the opposite. Shikishima guns, superheal, British acceleration, speed boost, hydro, extremely low concealment, and 10km torpedoes. It's a premium, but Wargaming very often uses premiums to test the waters for a new tech tree line. So nothing's final, but between Incomparable and the recent line of German battlecruisers (up to Schlieffen), I don't think you're going to see a low-gimmick approach to battlecruisers in general.

At this point all they can do is generate gimmick lines, really. I think the rate at which they put out new lines is disproportionately high to its sustainability and the rate at which we get other content, but undoubtedly that's because new ships are the easiest content to monetize.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,974 battles
4 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

At this point all they can do is generate gimmick lines, really. I think the rate at which they put out new lines is disproportionately high to its sustainability and the rate at which we get other content, but undoubtedly that's because new ships are the easiest content to monetize.

By and large, I think you're right. People apparently only buy Premium Account and ships, so that's what they have to push. Ship spam is already happening, and the upcoming economy changes are 1000% targeted at getting people to buy Premium (e.g., IBT retirement, supership econ) and open up new lines of things to purchase (probably the econ bonuses formerly attached to camos will require doubloons somehow).

• Cool 1

[UTWE]
Members
450 posts
10,466 battles
2 hours ago, Grand_Admiral_Murrel said:

That happened a long time ago when Petropavlovsk and Kremlin were released. 

• Cool 1