Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hades05

Friendly Damage

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

45
[-GFY-]
Members
31 posts
13,034 battles

I tested the friendly damage on a friend of mine today and got penalised by having all XP and Credits deducted. Had a good game and got nothing for it; Now I'm not complaining but as a suggestion could the person that's being damaged by a friendly receive the money that's deducted by the player doing the damage as a further penalty?

I understand that it could be used by "friends" etc to give credits to one another and it would probably be abused  but with a bit of tweaking I think it could work and we could have friendly fire back on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
394
[_BDA_]
Members
906 posts
14,565 battles

I agree with not doing damage to allies from friendly fire, plenty of players and bots fire torps blindly the instant a target appears even though there is no realistic chance of hitting.  However, perhaps the damage should be reflected back at the offender as a means to teach better fire control.  Ever since fratricide was removed the number of friendly fire torp hits has risen dramatically.  With no consequence for their misdeed, the madness continues.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,436 battles
4 hours ago, Hades05 said:

I tested the friendly damage on a friend of mine today and got penalised by having all XP and Credits deducted. Had a good game and got nothing for it; Now I'm not complaining but as a suggestion could the person that's being damaged by a friendly receive the money that's deducted by the player doing the damage as a further penalty?

I understand that it could be used by "friends" etc to give credits to one another and it would probably be abused  but with a bit of tweaking I think it could work and we could have friendly fire back on.

Less of a concern than friends giving each other credits is a person griefing a destroyer by purposely blocking all the torpedoes, and then also getting bonus credits for doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,487
[CK5]
Members
1,935 posts
23,534 battles

Removing friendly fire has also removed a primary source of toxicity in chat.  Even though I have mixed feelings about eliminating friendly fire, I very much like the improved chat climate without it.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
492 posts
14,704 battles
31 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Removing friendly fire has also removed a primary source of toxicity in chat.  Even though I have mixed feelings about eliminating friendly fire, I very much like the improved chat climate without it.  

Me too. It also stops the jerks, who ruins a battle, by team killing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[-GFY-]
Members
31 posts
13,034 battles
On 2/1/2022 at 12:44 AM, Compassghost said:

Less of a concern than friends giving each other credits is a person griefing a destroyer by purposely blocking all the torpedoes, and then also getting bonus credits for doing that.

Wouldn't that teach destroyers and Yoshino's to drop their torps more safely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×