Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
black_hull4

OK Wargaming this is getting out of hand

9 comments in this topic

Members
3,357 posts
3,059 battles

Playerbase: incessantly demands historical ships

Wargaming: https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxDXItucwSszSOd7xdmnKMqmj8auDKLZdj 

NO WARGAMING, I don't think you are going to make this "WORK!" They are seriously going to go with the Mitchells I cannot believe this :fish_palm:

OK this is what you realists have brought upon us. USS Hornet is coming to the game & according to the devblog it will be the most gimped CV to ever exist. At first it doesn't seem so bad. Sister ship to Enterprise, a powerful ship(so powerful as to be halted from the premium shop). Good looking camo. I see what looks like SB2U-3 Vindicators on the deck, which is a good plane - with good AP bombs, according to the devblog. Then I see the other planes.

Carries torpedo bombers, presumably TBD-1 Devastators... This is a woefully underpowered plane, helpless against Tier 6 fighters, and will melt against Tier 10 AA. And then:

The key feature of Hornet is the availability of a tactical squadron of bombers. It serves as an auxiliary weapon and consists of a single attacking flight, which takes a significant time to prepare. The squadron doesn't return to the carrier's deck after the attack, and is restored by the whole flight at once. 

The ship's tactical squadron consists of powerful B-25 bombers which Hornet carried historically for the Doolittle raid. The squadron has a large attacking flight size and many bombs per plane. 

What. WHAT?! No fighters mentioned! So here we have a CV that can't do anything except sail around for the starting minutes of the game. They player can't launch the Mitchells because of the "significant time to prepare," and can't launch anything else because of all the Mitchells taking up space on the deck. Also Wargaming, the Doolittle raid was launched against land targets & ships at anchor. NOT MOVING TARGETS! Why couldn't you put Hornet at Tier 6 or 7 where she could be useful against land targets? Why are you putting a ship with flak/fighter pinata Devastators & Mitchells at Tier 8, able to see Tier 10?! And you have to rely on these slow, unwieldy, early war planes because the ship can't crusade like Graf Zeppelin, and DOESN'T HAVE ANY FIGHTERS. No HE ammunition & really slow torps, so good luck against destroyers.

You better make the Mitchells able to use their defensive turrets, and able to be launched immediately, because this hornet ain't gonna have a sting otherwise.

Edited by black_hull4
  • Meh 7

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles

From start to finish, it can take up to 2 years to bring authentic content to the game...Which is... About the time the last CCs Summit in St. Pete. stressing the future of CVs and their direction...

After the summit... The CV concept was expanded to other ships..

We cant say this was not coming.. We can say we dont like it...

The game is evolving.. This is nothing new... At the end of the evolution, you may not like the game.

The changes of today represent the changes of tomorrow.. In which, its under NDA/embargo status.

Its going to get a lot worse...

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLFC]
Members
6,102 posts
17,241 battles
1 hour ago, black_hull4 said:

What. WHAT?! No fighters mentioned!

If by fighters you mean rocket planes, yes, she doesn’t have them. If you mean the fighter consumable, the dev blog clearly lists the standard “automatic” fighters, and since the dev blog doesn’t provide any information on the consumables of the squadrons of any of the three aircraft carriers described, there is no evidence that Hornet will lack the player-dropped variant of the fighter consumable.

1 hour ago, black_hull4 said:

So here we have a CV that can't do anything except sail around for the starting minutes of the game. They player can't launch the Mitchells because of the "significant time to prepare," and can't launch anything else because of all the Mitchells taking up space on the deck

The B-25s will use the same mechanics as the super-CV’s tactical squadron, very similar to the squadrons operated from the hybrids Ise, Tone, and Kearsage, while the remaining squadrons will function just like those of any other CV. The “significant time to prepare” simply means those planes (the B-25s) will not be able to launch right away at the beginning of battle, the same as the planes on the aforementioned hybrids. WG has no intention for them to “tie up the flight deck” and prevent launching of other aircraft. This is an arcade game and not a simulator, and WG is including these aircraft as a nod to CV-8’s most famous sortie and to distinguish her from her two sisters (Yorktown is coming to the game as well). The implementation of the B-25s in this manner is no different than every destroyer being able to reload torpedoes in battle and the completely illogical spotting/concealment system that is a fundamental cornerstone of the game.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 2

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
3,173 posts
9,066 battles
4 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

From start to finish, it can take up to 2 years to bring authentic content to the game...Which is... About the time the last CCs Summit in St. Pete. stressing the future of CVs and their direction...

After the summit... The CV concept was expanded to other ships..

We cant say this was not coming.. We can say we dont like it...

The game is evolving.. This is nothing new... At the end of the evolution, you may not like the game.

The changes of today represent the changes of tomorrow.. In which, its under NDA/embargo status.

Its going to get a lot worse...

A while back during the whole Yukon debacle it was leaked that subs and carrier lines were going to be the main focus for 2022 and 2023. Also that commonwealth was going to finally get a line of ships. The post was promptly removed that same day. 

Members
64 posts
5,735 battles
5 hours ago, black_hull4 said:

No HE ammunition & really slow torps, so good luck against destroyers.

You're complaining about how the Doolittle Raid was against ground targets, "NOT MOVING TARGETS!", but you forget that B-25s were rather effective against destroyers.  Arashio, Ariake, Harusame, Kiyonami, and Mikazuki were all sunk by B-25s.

• Thanks 1

[MAPIA]
Members
551 posts
10,788 battles
8 hours ago, black_hull4 said:

Playerbase: incessantly demands historical ships

Wargaming: https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxDXItucwSszSOd7xdmnKMqmj8auDKLZdj 

NO WARGAMING, I don't think you are going to make this "WORK!" They are seriously going to go with the Mitchells I cannot believe this :fish_palm:

OK this is what you realists have brought upon us. USS Hornet is coming to the game & according to the devblog it will be the most gimped CV to ever exist. At first it doesn't seem so bad. Sister ship to Enterprise, a powerful ship(so powerful as to be halted from the premium shop). Good looking camo. I see what looks like SB2U-3 Vindicators on the deck, which is a good plane - with good AP bombs, according to the devblog. Then I see the other planes.

Carries torpedo bombers, presumably TBD-1 Devastators... This is a woefully underpowered plane, helpless against Tier 6 fighters, and will melt against Tier 10 AA. And then:

The key feature of Hornet is the availability of a tactical squadron of bombers. It serves as an auxiliary weapon and consists of a single attacking flight, which takes a significant time to prepare. The squadron doesn't return to the carrier's deck after the attack, and is restored by the whole flight at once. 

The ship's tactical squadron consists of powerful B-25 bombers which Hornet carried historically for the Doolittle raid. The squadron has a large attacking flight size and many bombs per plane. 

What. WHAT?! No fighters mentioned! So here we have a CV that can't do anything except sail around for the starting minutes of the game. They player can't launch the Mitchells because of the "significant time to prepare," and can't launch anything else because of all the Mitchells taking up space on the deck. Also Wargaming, the Doolittle raid was launched against land targets & ships at anchor. NOT MOVING TARGETS! Why couldn't you put Hornet at Tier 6 or 7 where she could be useful against land targets? Why are you putting a ship with flak/fighter pinata Devastators & Mitchells at Tier 8, able to see Tier 10?! And you have to rely on these slow, unwieldy, early war planes because the ship can't crusade like Graf Zeppelin, and DOESN'T HAVE ANY FIGHTERS. No HE ammunition & really slow torps, so good luck against destroyers.

You better make the Mitchells able to use their defensive turrets, and able to be launched immediately, because this hornet ain't gonna have a sting otherwise.

Historical ships ended after 2016.

Members
3,357 posts
3,059 battles
13 hours ago, LitanyPurgatus said:

but you forget that B-25s were rather effective against destroyers.  Arashio, Ariake, Harusame, Kiyonami, and Mikazuki were all sunk by B-25s.

Fair enough. I forgot to think about what bombs the Mitchells are using. Doolittle raid bombers used 3 HE & 1 incendiary, so we'll probably just get 4 HE. Still, that tactical squadron means you will only be able to counter DDs once every 5 minutes or so. 

10 hours ago, 9TenSix2Eight said:

Historical ships ended after 2016.

If that was true, I wouldn't be ranting, would I? My problem is Wargaming's plan to make an otherwise good ship a little TOO historical & put planes at a tier where they don't belong.

Members
29 posts
3,625 battles
On 1/31/2022 at 5:25 PM, black_hull4 said:

If that was true, I wouldn't be ranting, would I? My problem is Wargaming's plan to make an otherwise good ship a little TOO historical & put planes at a tier where they don't belong.

The HMS Hood would beg to differ with you. An English Battlecruiser, used in game as a Tier VII Battleship, which she was not.  So much for Historical accuracy.

Members
3,357 posts
3,059 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthursPipe said:

The HMS Hood would beg to differ with you. An English Battlecruiser, used in game as a Tier VII Battleship, which she was not. 

I couldn't care less what Wargaming says Hood is. She still eats citadels like a cruiser.

Sign in to follow this