Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
VesseI

When I want to de-stress...

13 comments in this topic

[KAPPA]
Members
1,992 posts
10,548 battles

Trouble is, this de-stressing technique has a nasty tendency to increase my stress levels when I'm in one of my bigger ships ready for a brawl and someone goes on a wild speedboat torp spree leaving nothing for me to fight and the match ends far too quickly. I get that it's plenty fun for the torper, but when I try to get a fight for a long string of matches and it keeps happening, it really starts to make me hate having teammates. I wish we could find a happy medium where the big brawlers and the torpedo speedboats can both get good damage done and feel like they weren't just wasting their time. More and more the idea of the teams being numerically un-balanced past T5 or so is sounding like a good thing.

[5D3]
Members
1,542 posts
8 minutes ago, CaptHarlock_222 said:

Trouble is, this de-stressing technique has a nasty tendency to increase my stress levels when I'm in one of my bigger ships ready for a brawl and someone goes on a wild speedboat torp spree leaving nothing for me to fight and the match ends far too quickly. I get that it's plenty fun for the torper, but when I try to get a fight for a long string of matches and it keeps happening, it really starts to make me hate having teammates. I wish we could find a happy medium where the big brawlers and the torpedo speedboats can both get good damage done and feel like they weren't just wasting their time. More and more the idea of the teams being numerically un-balanced past T5 or so is sounding like a good thing.

I agree. That is why I was delighted when WG introduced 2/7 Co-op battles last year. It gave that much needed opportunity for battleships both fast and slow, to shine. Unfortunately it was discontinued, and now we are back to the usual too easy version of Co-op.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJBkbZMXPgE

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ICWTJY1sM

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[CUDA]
Members
1,449 posts
13,933 battles

It's funny, I don't play the same ship over and over again, I just pick a tier and run down all the ships in that tier. So after a torpex with a destroyer I get a gunex with a cruiser then a big badaboom ex with a battleship. It's all good fun.

[KEGEL]
Members
363 posts
16,988 battles
On 1/31/2022 at 3:34 PM, Hukom said:

I agree. That is why I was delighted when WG introduced 2/7 Co-op battles last year. It gave that much needed opportunity for battleships both fast and slow, to shine. Unfortunately it was discontinued, and now we are back to the usual too easy version of Co-op.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJBkbZMXPgE

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ICWTJY1sM

Agreed, 2/7 was the last time Coop was fun. Every change WeeGee has implemented since has me wondering when to uninstall.

• Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Members
257 posts
12,227 battles
On 1/31/2022 at 3:20 PM, CaptHarlock_222 said:

The problem being ... what's going to stop the torp spammers from charging to the next bot and sinking it, and then the next one, and the next one ...

The only thing that would stop it is attrition as the bots finally kill off the torp spammers.

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
646 posts

I grab a beer and watch M*A*S*H re-runs. Playing WOWS lately seems to have the opposite effect.

[KAPPA]
Members
1,992 posts
10,548 battles
2 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

The problem being ... what's going to stop the torp spammers from charging to the next bot and sinking it, and then the next one, and the next one ...

The only thing that would stop it is attrition as the bots finally kill off the torp spammers.

It would help if bots went back to both prioritizing DDs and being able to hit them once they get within say, 8-10 km or so. It might be just enough to discourage the repeated drive-by torping and turning it back into the suicide run it should be. 

• Cool 1

[5D3]
Members
1,542 posts
2 hours ago, xamdam said:

I grab a beer and watch M*A*S*H re-runs. Playing WOWS lately seems to have the opposite effect.

I find PVP battles stressful at times, particularly when I see our DDs get sunk in less than 5 minutes, like a Shima trying to duel with a Marceau. Or a battleship that leaves us at C and sails to the center, making himself as useless AF. Or a division of hydro-equipped and secondary monster German BBs (FDG plus 2 P. Rupps) hiding behind an island in Estuary, not even pushing one bit, simply because there's no friendly DD doing the spotting for them. 

That's why I go to Co-op to finish Daily Missions. As for the beer, I've been reducing my intake and trying to shed some by running early in the morning. 

• Cool 1

[5D3]
Members
1,542 posts
18 hours ago, SlightlyComatose said:

Agreed, 2/7 was the last time Coop was fun. Every change WeeGee has implemented since has me wondering when to uninstall.

It was really, really, really, fun. 2/7 Co-op was the best Co-op mode ever. 

• Cool 1

[WGPB]
Members
330 posts
4,181 battles

sounds like so much fun!      both of you bag your 3, and then the race is on, for that fourth!

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
646 posts
5 hours ago, Efros said:

2/7 was a bug.

I like some bugs. It's centipedes, giant Asian hornets and other venomous ones I can't stand. 

2/7 was on my like list! 

Sign in to follow this