You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
PlenioB

Idea for more Historical British Fighters on HMS Eagle

8 comments in this topic

Members
11 posts
19,539 battles

Hi,  I have several ideas about the HMS Eagles aircraft load out.  The first thing is the Gloster Meteor should be changed to... 1, The Hawker Seahawk  2, The de Havilland Sea Venom or the 3, Supermarine Attacker.  It would do away with the fantasy of non-historical planes on board ships.  I know it is just a game, but lets keep the game in some sort of real setting.  At least try to make it as close to being real.   The Canberra bomber as a torp bomber is a bigtime fantasy.  Should have just armed one of the other fighters I have mentioned with torps 1 thru 3, would have made it a bit believable.   I know WG is trying to keep the game fresh with new gimmicks, but this type of unrealistic planes on carriers would make the game look like any other arcade game.   

• Cool 1

[TOG]
[TOG]
Members
68 posts
4,633 battles

they need to get rid of all the paper ships and stick to historically accurate ships.......Oh wait then Russian ships wouldn't be op then

• Boring 3

Members
588 posts
5,494 battles

hawker sea hawks would replace the meteors nicely, as they could carry the same 20 rockets as the meteors in game could.

As for canberra replacements, I think the supermarine scimitar would do nicely. you would have to have 2 of them to replace the bomber canberra, but at least it would be a actual plane that was used on a aircraft carrier.

• Cool 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,969 posts
39,880 battles

Dream in technicolor folks...ain't gonna happen....pet peeve of mine, fake ships of any kind and fake air groups on real CVs plus the totally fake CVs...arcade gameplay is what it is...get used to it...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TOG]
[TOG]
Members
68 posts
4,633 battles
On 1/30/2022 at 8:47 PM, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Dream in technicolor folks...ain't gonna happen....pet peeve of mine, fake ships of any kind and fake air groups on real CVs plus the totally fake CVs...arcade gameplay is what it is...get used to it...

this game has alot of pet peeves like HE spam and the OP fire damage. But paper ships never should have been considered in the first place. 

Members
83 posts
985 battles

It isn't just HMS Eagle that WoWs' developers have.... (difficulty? special needs?) inaccuracies at matching aircraft to the era of the ship.

There are more than one instance of mid-WW2 ships depicted with biplane spotters and fighters. Mid-WW2, ALL of those surviving nations fighting, would've been using monoplanes, with rare exceptions like RN battleships and their biplane floatplanes.

So, you REALLY think they're going to get Eagle right, with post-WW2 aircraft like De Havilland Sea Hornets? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Hornet

[VVV]
Members
3,246 posts
5,521 battles
On 2/1/2022 at 10:56 AM, LordHood2552 said:

well most of you folks already know which one I think should be in Eagle from a previous post of mine......:cap_cool:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackburn_Buccaneer

As a bomber it could carry an even bigger load than the Canberra. There are no jet torpedo bombers, so replace that silliness with a Buccaneer carrying 286mm AP rockets. (Or SAP rockets even.)

• Cool 1