Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
QueenGaladriel

Research Bureau Noob Questions

10 comments in this topic

[PHD]
Members
31 posts
26,071 battles

So between the latest shipyard event and some accelerated grinding to reach G. Kurfurst and Khabarovsk in time to get them free I have my first opportunity to go start working towards research bureau ships. Can you please confirm that I have this right:

1. I will still get G. Kurfurst and Khabarovsk so long as they are fully researched, even if I have never purchased them and the line has been reset prior to the point that they leave the tech tree.

2. It would be inefficient to reset the Khabarovsk line until I also got Grozovoi researched.

3. I can reset the G. Kurfurst line without it impacting my progress on the Schlieffen line.

4. On a first reset, there is nothing lost by only researching the T10, and not purchasing it.

5. Port slots for the ships forcibly sold are opened up and not lost.

6. It makes sense to reset something prior to February 9 for the bonus.

Thanks all!

[KRAK]
Members
1,946 posts
19,352 battles

Almost like asking the IRS what the best tax filing strategy to use to maximize your refund or minimize the losses anyway. IRS probably knows, but won't tell you.

As far as WG (not the IRS), I'm waiting for their answer too.

[CO-OP]
Members
5,205 posts
43,308 battles

1. If they are unlocked, you will get both GK, and Khab as coal ships when the next patch drops.

2. Not really, the only advantage would be not having to regrind the t1-t7 ships (that is only ~140K of the ~725 to grind the lines.)  If you re-grind the lines separately you also get an extra 1100 RPs.

3.  As long as your progress is at or beyond t4 (Von der Tann,) it won't have any affect.

4. After you reset the line, you need to regrind the line to get to t-10 (either through play or FXP.)  You cannot just pick a ship and spend FXP to reacquire it.

5. Port slots remain vacant.  They are not sold or stored in inventory.

6. If this is your first reset of the season, you will get a 2x RP bonus.

• Cool 1

[PHD]
Members
31 posts
26,071 battles

2. It would be inefficient to reset the Khabarovsk line until I also got Grozovoi researched.

2. Not really, the only advantage would be not having to regrind the t1-t7 ships (that is only ~140K of the ~725 to grind the lines.)  If you re-grind the lines separately you also get an extra 1100 RPs.

So to be clear, the Ognevoi in my port stays there if I reset the Khabarovsk line, in the same manner that the carrier line remains unaffected even though it is dependent on the DD line?

[CO-OP]
Members
5,205 posts
43,308 battles
3 minutes ago, michael_zahnle said:

Another noob question.

shot-22_01.31_10_42.24-0958.thumb.jpg.d0835b28d86403908c0ee4585523b7bc.jpg

They are part of the daily mission chains.  I'm guessing that this player only recently unlocked the Research Bureau since only 15 missions have been completed, and the rest of the daily chain rewards have been claimed.

image.png.2b4aa5bac6c1066292cffa47802d277c.png

Members
1,422 posts
17,998 battles
15 hours ago, QueenGaladriel said:

So to be clear, the Ognevoi in my port stays there if I reset the Khabarovsk line, in the same manner that the carrier line remains unaffected even though it is dependent on the DD line?

Minsk is the last ship common to both lines.  Resetting the Khaba line will not do anything to Ognevoi/Udaloi/Grozovoi if you have them researched or in port.

• Cool 1

[RSWF]
Members
434 posts
6,464 battles

I have had the GK for a while, but just unlocked Khab last week, which gave me access to the research bureau.  I reset the Khab line (didn't buy Khab). 

Since I hadn't started regrinding on Tashkent to get to Delvny, I only needed about 450k XP to get back to where I was (normally the cheapest line - Harugumo - is about 675k or so).  With Khab disappearing from the tech line it is an unusual situation.  You will need to research the T10 ship again anyway, and it is a large part of the XP needed to finish the reset.  In a week or so, I would need to have 260k or so XP to unlock the T10 before I can reset and the Khab (and progress to get it) will be gone regardless.

The only other concern is Minsk/Ognevoi.  I had only a couple thousand XP on the Minsk toward Og so no big loss for me.  Alternatively, if you already have Og or higher unlocked on that line you won't lose anything.

Edited by Bomont
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,080 posts
29,325 battles
17 hours ago, QueenGaladriel said:

So between the latest shipyard event and some accelerated grinding to reach G. Kurfurst and Khabarovsk in time to get them free I have my first opportunity to go start working towards research bureau ships. Can you please confirm that I have this right:

1. I will still get G. Kurfurst and Khabarovsk so long as they are fully researched, even if I have never purchased them and the line has been reset prior to the point that they leave the tech tree.

3. I can reset the G. Kurfurst line without it impacting my progress on the Schlieffen line.

4. On a first reset, there is nothing lost by only researching the T10, and not purchasing it.

Thanks all!

1. Yes, once you have paid the XP to unlock them (make sure they ARE unlocked and that the XP isn't just sitting on their predecessors). But if you're throwing FXP at the problem, do not research those lines again until AFTER the ships have changed over.  (You want to unlock Preussen and Delny on the second pass, not unlock GK and Khaba all over again.)

2. Once you're past Minsk, it makes no difference. If you have a bucketload of XP on Minsk right now, you should finish researching Ognevoi (if you haven't got it already) or all that XP will be dumped. If you have Ognevoi unlocked, it's fine.

3. That is correct; they are independent of each other.

4. That is correct. The only time you need to purchase it is when you've reset the line as many times as you need, and you're redeeming the points on it.

5. If by "forcibly sold" you mean "as part of the line reset", then yes.

6. See my comment about the Ognevoi in #2 and consider how much XP you have on the Minsk.  Get back to me about that one with the answer. If losing XP that could unlock the parallel branch is an issue, you might be better off sitting on your hands for a bit (though it would be a good strategic move to reset the GK line before the reset drops, if you're going to reset it at all).

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,987 posts
5,224 battles
20 hours ago, QueenGaladriel said:

Don't know for sure, but believe Yes.

More efficient to reset both at once since then the common ships need to be re-researched only once.

Yes.

Yes.  Same for all the ships until you want to claim the points or just play them.

Yes.

Yes.

FYI https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 1