You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HyperFish

Is Hawkins the worst ship in the game?

45 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,916 posts
8,973 battles

Ugh, I hate this ship. 

• Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[DMGS]
Members
673 posts
9,521 battles

You are not alone. It's either Hawkins or Yahagi. Both suck at what they are meant to do.

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles

Naa Kryspy Kream still has her crown as the worst (pre-Russian bias era) ship in the game..

Nothing IMO, comes close to taking away her crown/title of worst ship in the game.

She's the worst ship in the game... Not even Co-op wants her...

Its that bad.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Meh 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,735 posts
22,656 battles

I have a soft spot in my heart for the Hawkins.  :-)

Also, she reminds me of a character named Hawkins, in the movie "The Court Jester", which further reminds me of Glynis Johns, in her role as Maid Jean in the same movie.  :-)

Spoiler

image_2022-01-30_184514.thumb.png.070502d95807ea26df4b8ca924f29dcb.png

The Court Jester https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049096/

[LTM]
Members
48 posts
12,507 battles

Awww Kryspy Kream is a great ship, baby Smolensk with a 21 pt Captain, and Hawkins is fun with Jingles as Captain.   

Worse ship in the game hands down.....Yukon    what a POS that thing is. I am surprised anyone would pay cash for that. 

But each to their own 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Members
1,332 posts
8,607 battles
49 minutes ago, HyperFish said:

Ugh, I hate this ship. 

Hawkins is one of those ships WG decide to give them a special feature just to nerf  everything else to the ground. I mean the guns are bad and horribly distributed, its slow and half the ship is made of citadel but hey it has trolltanium bow...   

WG logic cant be denied!

fun fact the secondary guns are not even properly modeled, they dont move at all and for some reason their angles are quite narrow even when there is nothing blocking them.

its a bad ship that could use a big buff but every now and then it does pull awesome games

shot-22_01.28_21_48.29-0741.thumb.jpg.c6d3a665f9fccf2f30029996ef0c8e1c.jpg

shot-22.01.29_22.44.19-0824.jpg

Edited by pepe_trueno
  • Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
10 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

Are we just going to forget(willingly)that Kawachi exists?

Naa I played her to the ground. She's still the must played BB for me.. She's not the worst when I first played her... If I started today, Kawachi is more a power creep victim.. A bygone of an era where things were fair..

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,075 battles

I thought Fen Yang stole that title from all the predecessors when it came out.

[SALVO]
Members
16,461 posts
10,200 battles

I enjoyed the Pirate Galleon, fun ship to play.

So far nothing rates worse in my book than Veneto... When a ship makes Monarch looks good you have no doubt it is something special.

[RLGN]
Members
19,148 posts
35,185 battles
1 hour ago, HyperFish said:

Ugh, I hate this ship. 

1 hour ago, Firewalk said:

You are not alone. It's either Hawkins or Yahagi. Both suck at what they are meant to do.

Only thing I dislike about Hawkins is the pathetic two torps per side.

I’d sooner have slightly better guns and no torps; and as far as the guns go, I consider her better than Emerald, (which I also like because all the torps,) since at least Hawkins can fire HE, unlike the worthlessly situational RN CL AP.

1 hour ago, RGINBC said:

Awww Kryspy Kream is a great ship, baby Smolensk with a 21 pt Captain, and Hawkins is fun with Jingles as Captain.

Consider The Donut to be a great destroyer killer. Some might disagree, but then I don’t open water fight destroyers. I Atlanta them. Get into terrain, ambush a destroyer, especially one distracted by another destroyer, and beat it to death with HE.

The torps certainly help.

1 hour ago, RGINBC said:

Worse ship in the game hands down.....Yukon    what a POS that thing is. I am surprised anyone would pay cash for that.

Mine dropped during Christmas.

It’s there? Don’t particularly like or dislike it atm. (Related controversy aside.)

1 hour ago, RGINBC said:

But each to their own.

I’ve been called a contrarian because of various ships I like; Emerald, The Donut, Viribus Unitus; and ships I hate; Leander, Fuji, Des Moines.

I don’t deny the appellation.

• Cool 1

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,389 posts
29,467 battles

The only bad ship is one not played to its strengths.

Any unicom can put fantastic numbers out on so called bad ships.

The average player will struggle to do decent in a so called bad ship.

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
807 posts
15,782 battles
3 hours ago, black_hull4 said:

When i first started playing I would just ram with it.

• Haha 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,193 posts
15,767 battles
4 hours ago, HyperFish said:

Ugh, I hate this ship. 

4 hours ago, Firewalk said:

You play the Yahaqi like the Destroyer Leader that the class was often used for. The Hawkins can be a tough one to play because like all RN cruisers it is brittle so much like the Yahaqi you have to do a lot of dancing to dodge incoming fire but it like all CA does have the ability to citadel near tier BB which you would think would not be a surprise to anyone in the game at this point but they still give you the shot.

4 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Naa Kryspy Kream still has her crown as the worst (pre-Russian bias era) ship in the game..

Nothing IMO, comes close to taking away her crown/title of worst ship in the game.

She's the worst ship in the game... Not even Co-op wants her...

Its that bad.

The KK took a real hit to its ability when AFT went away because of the range loss but is still what it was, a DD with a citadel.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
8,878 posts
27,102 battles
2 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Well, yeah. Most of the people unicums face are well below their skill level and they may relish a challenge to keep things interesting.

But those same unicums would put up even better numbers in an OP ship.

And when things get highly competitive (ranked, clan, etc) the unicums will gravitate to the "good" ships just like everyone else. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles
7 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Naa I played her to the ground. She's still the must played BB for me.. She's not the worst when I first played her... If I started today, Kawachi is more a power creep victim.. A bygone of an era where things were fair..

Kawachi is good now after her buff
She was one of the worst ships in the game in the past because despite her horrendous 8km range, she couldn't hit for jack

~Hunter

[FRFR]
Members
1,675 posts
12 hours ago, black_hull4 said:

What’s a Kawachi?  :cap_book:

Actually, being at tier 3 meant that you only had to play a few games in it before getting the Myogi, so it didn’t leave much of an impression.  Plus, I was so bad at the time that I couldn’t tell how bad the ship was.

My vote is for Yahagi.  I have never felt more impotent than while playing that ship.

[TXC]
Beta Testers
238 posts
17,704 battles
9 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

The only bad ship is one not played to its strengths.

The average player will struggle to do decent in a so called bad ship.

whats the marlboroughs strength plz?? id really like to know...

[1CVDV]
Members
308 posts
14,191 battles

well im doing the surrey grind at the moment and that thing is a damn turd as well.i would free xp to albermarble but ill just suffer on through it....atleast i have premium at the moment so on the rare chance i have a good game it racks up 8k or better in xp.

[LWOP]
[LWOP]
Members
64 posts
1,216 battles

Strangely, I enjoy Hawkins,.... when it's not bottom vs tier 7s.shot-22_01.31_09_04.17-0687.thumb.jpg.4e7849d67cda19dc4ce45bea80380a7d.jpgshot-22_01.31_09_03.51-0237.thumb.jpg.0c0937d549b8fc43d16c84ae487d554c.jpg

I run it exclusively as Cap's ship. With the cruiser build for torpedoes, it may only fire 2 compared to Emerald's larger torpedo barrage per side, but Hawkins' torps are total sledgehammers, the torp build makes them 18K damage each.

Honestly for me this one's a keeper: its HE hits heavy, and it is tanky for its tier vs peer enemies.

I'll be putting on the Victorian White perma camo at some point since I plan on keeping it (WoWs never discounts mid-tier perma camos... we need a coupon once or twice a year for that).

Edited by KidChemo
  • Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
31,080 posts
29,325 battles
13 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

When a ship makes Monarch looks good

I have a 58% win rate in the Monarch. IIRC she used to have probably the  best BB concealment in her MM spread before CE skill was normalized to 10% across all ships.

Her major problem comes from being a paper ship sandwiched between one that has a proud combat record and another which at least made it as far as keel laydown (i.e. further than Montana or Izumo) before circumstances got in the way.

• Boring 1