You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tangofan

Any way/mods to change red & green team colors on mini map (setting or minimap mod)?

13 comments in this topic

Members
1,147 posts

A clan mate of mine has some form of color blindness and has difficulties to see the red and green ship names, ship symbols and captured cap circles on the mini map. He doesn't like to use the "Color Blindness Filter" option in settings, because - according to him - that not only changes the interface colors, but also the overall look of the ships.

So is there any way just to change the red and green team colors on the mini map (ship symbols, ship names, captured cap circles, etc.) to something else, be it with a setting or a minimap mod?

[SALTY]
Members
151 posts
20,604 battles

Mod station or Aslains modpack(I know this one for sure) have a minimap mod that has a lot of customizations that include changing colors.. I cant remember what it's called but it's there.

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles

I dont think there's a viable solution for him... Other then using the combination of the color blindness option AND options laid out in Aslain's mod pack.

Nothing else other then trail and error... Will help him to his liking... Even then, I dont think it will help him completely, its an option to explore...

Members
167 posts
470 battles
1 hour ago, tangofan said:

A clan mate of mine has some form of color blindness and has difficulties to see the red and green ship names, ship symbols and captured cap circles on the mini map. He doesn't like to use the "Color Blindness Filter" option in settings, because - according to him - that not only changes the interface colors, but also the overall look of the ships.

So is there any way just to change the red and green team colors on the mini map (ship symbols, ship names, captured cap circles, etc.) to something else, be it with a setting or a minimap mod?

My dad was red/green colorblind.

I asked him, "How do you tell if a traffic light is red or green?"

He said, "I don't. I just follow the other cars."

:cap_wander:

• Funny 1

Members
629 posts
17,161 battles

I just ran through the Aslain mods, and other than changing the Font Size to make ship names larger on the Minimap, I could not see anything to change the ship icon colors.   

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
10,966 battles
55 minutes ago, Tank_Grrl said:

My dad was red/green colorblind.

I asked him, "How do you tell if a traffic light is red or green?"

He said, "I don't. I just follow the other cars."

:cap_wander:

That's not how I do it . The positions are a dead giveaway. :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Bandi73

Members
629 posts
17,161 battles

From Wikipedia:

In the United States, about 7 percent of the male population—or about 10.5 million men—and 0.4 percent of the female population either cannot distinguish red from green, or see red and green differently from how others do.

I have a cousin that is profoundly red/green colorblind. Also, in my career I designed and "built" hundreds of graphic screens for plant Operators. Always had to watch the red/ green combinations.

I'm surprised Wargaming does not have a more customizable interface given how common this problem is.

Members
167 posts
470 battles
Just now, Bandi73 said:

That's not how I do it . The positions ia dead giveaway.

382px-Stampede_Traffic_Signal.JPG

Not thinking about horizontal traffic signals, I specifically asked him if red was on top or bottom.

He legit didn't know. I was floored, haha!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
629 posts
17,161 battles
4 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

That's not how I do it . The positions ia dead giveaway. :Smile_trollface:

Unless (Back in the 60s-70s) you go from a city where all the lights are stacked vertically, to somewhere they are horizontal.😄

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
10,966 battles

There is minimap mod from Autospy

image.thumb.png.035c47dd4f8d47389f6bcbfc8118cc2f.png

That's how customizable is.:)

And

image.thumb.png.5e79fffe9adaf0ccc21cb2ac92cd6701.png

Edited by Bandi73
  • Cool 1

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
10,966 battles
5 minutes ago, Tank_Grrl said:

382px-Stampede_Traffic_Signal.JPG

Not thinking about horizontal traffic signals, I specifically asked him if red was on top or bottom.

He legit didn't know. I was floored, haha!

5 minutes ago, brewakeg said:

Unless (Back in the 60s-70s) you go from a city where all the lights are stacked vertically, to somewhere they are horizontal.😄

I see. Well I'm Eu so...... I guess l'm lucky :fish_cute_2:

[ZIPP0]
Members
8 posts
9,168 battles

@tangofan If your buddy is using an activated version of Win 10, there is a color filter available under SETTINGS>EASE OF ACCESS.  I'm not sure if it will play well with the in game option but it may be worth a try to explore.