You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Atlaa

Playing NA account at EU?

10 comments in this topic

Members
37 posts
918 battles

Hello. I’m going to be going to the Netherlands for my studies and was wondering if I could play on my NA account at EU? 

[-HUGS]
Members
973 posts
13,180 battles

As far as I know, WG doesn't offer server transfers. This is documented.  https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/10198/  
Although they did, in the past, offer the service on specific occasions (exemple:  https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/server-2-server/ ).

[ZZZZ]
Members
308 posts
11,102 battles

You can play your NA account on the NA server despite physically being in EU.

You cannot play your NA account on the EU server.

[PN]
WoWS Community Contributors
287 posts
11,037 battles
12 minutes ago, Atlaa said:

Hello. I’m going to be going to the Netherlands for my studies and was wondering if I could play on my NA account at EU? 

1. No you cannot transfer your account from the NA server to EU server as stated above.

2. You can still login to the NA server and play on the NA server (albeit at a higher ping) as Wargaming has a single launcher for all servers.

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
36 minutes ago, Atlaa said:

No. This service was a one time deal around 3 years ago... You can't transfer your NA progress to a different server region.

You can still use your NA account anywhere you go... Not all NA players or located in NA... Some, are located in the Southern Hemisphere.

The WGC client, is universal as long as you change it in the settings.

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
1,872 posts

Server transfer would be nice though, moved to EU recently and thus it would be nice to play in my timezone. Asked support, but got the standard corporate "nope". Kinda sucks tbh

[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,668 battles

I really don't see why WG makes server transfers such a big deal.  Server transfers seem like something they could monetize for a reasonable price, say about $20 USD. 

[TRW]
Beta Testers
256 posts
27,361 battles

you should be able to play fine on the NA server from europe, for example I play on the NA server from rural Australia with a ping of about 100 which is fine for me.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles

I am guessing server transfer is done to prevent account selling :Smile_hiding: Across regions :Smile_child: