Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
clammboy

NFL Championship week starting today at 3:00 .

12 comments in this topic

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,424 posts
15,702 battles

Got most of my Naval battles done so I can watch the games drink copious amounts of beer , while making another large Pizza with hot peppers and sausage .

Will be rooting for Bengals over the Chiefs in the 3:00 AFC game .

The Bengals will need a good effort from the defense although no matter how good they play this Chiefs team is going to put up points . So Joe Burrows , Joe Mixon and there very talented WRs are going to have to score and play well no turnovers is key . If they can do that I see a .

Bengals win 34-31

49ers vs Rams 6:30

Will be rooting for the 49ers in this game .

The 49ers defense is going to need to pressure Matt Stafford while only rushing 4 linemen and not blitzing to much . This way they can drop back a couple of line backers to help cover the Rams great WRs  . If they can do this and run the football effectively thereby keeping the ball out of the Rams hands they have a good chance to win . 

49ers win 31-28

Edited by clammboy

Members
4,786 posts
16,599 battles

I dont like any of the remaining teams. If I have to root for someone, I guess itll be the 49ers. 

Pizza sounds good though. 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,424 posts
15,702 battles
6 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

I dont like any of the remaining teams. If I have to root for someone, I guess itll be the 49ers. 

Pizza sounds good though. 

I put a little wager on the 49ers and Bengals got +7 Bengals and + 3.5 49ers . Unfortunately I am a Dolphins fan and they just keep going downhill so this is all I got left .

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
3 hours ago, clammboy said:

Will be rooting for Bengals over the Chiefs in the 3:00 AFC game .

Well partner... Looks like our dream rematch 33 years and counting in the making, is halfway complete...

Bengals are going back to the Super Bowl... Sam Wyche (RIP 2020) would be proud of this Bengals team...

Well deserved OT win.....

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,424 posts
15,702 battles
38 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Well partner... Looks like our dream rematch 33 years and counting in the making, is halfway complete...

Bengals are going back to the Super Bowl... Sam Wyche (RIP 2020) would be proud of this Bengals team...

Well deserved OT win.....

Yes you picked well and another fantastic finish 5 games in a row won on the last play of the game . I dont think that's ever happened . 

Edited by clammboy

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
2 hours ago, clammboy said:

Yes you picked well and another fantastic finish 5 games in a row won on the last play of the game . I dont think that's ever happened . 

Out of all the games for today... The 49er game I'm not confident on... Mainly, *adult actor*(its his comedic nick) QB Jimmy G... Dont inspire confidence of a Mahomes or Bengals QB...

Now, both QBs are prone to choking... Its all going to be a defensive battle...

Edited by Navalpride33

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
4 hours ago, clammboy said:

The 49er game I'm not confident on... Mainly, *adult actor*(its his comedic nick) QB Jimmy G... Dont inspire confidence of a Mahomes or Bengals QB...

Now, both QBs are prone to choking... Its all going to be a defensive battle...

Christ... I sometimes hate (my trust to analyze correctly)  being able to predict the future... SHEESH!

WP Rams... WP...

Noted here first... The Bengals are (going to be) Superbowl Champs for the first time since the 80's..

Edited by Navalpride33

[-AF-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,313 posts
16,110 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Noted here first... The Bengals are Superbowl Champs for the first time since the 80's..

Er, what?   AFC champions in '82 and '89, but 2 time Super Bowl losers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_champions

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,424 posts
15,702 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Noted here first... The Bengals are Superbowl Champs for the first time since the 80's..

I think you meant get to the super bowl .The Bengals are one of 12 teams that have never won a super bowl . 49er loss killed me in my fantasy playoff footbal pool but they covered the spread so I won my bet anyway got 3.5 points and they lost by 3 so thats good .

Edited by clammboy

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
2 hours ago, Altwar said:

Er, what?   AFC champions in '82 and '89, but 2 time Super Bowl losers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_champions

2 hours ago, clammboy said:

I think you meant get to the super bowl .The Bengals are one of 12 teams that have never won a super bowl . 49er loss killed me in my fantasy playoff footbal pool but they covered the spread so I won my bet anyway got 3.5 point and they one by 3 so thats good .

Nope... Early prediction... The Bengals will be Super Bowl Champs for the first time in their franchise... (1 for 2)

Think reverse psychology compared to the squad that lost the 2  past games...I have confidence based on the past analytics i've done. Bengals can get it done.. Bengals will win the big one..

(Plus I hate LA with disdain.... Sorry Boggszy).

Edited the post to relieve confusion :cap_rambo:

Edited by Navalpride33

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,200 posts
30,952 battles

I'm a 49er fan, so I'm biased towards the Bengals in the Super Bowl :Smile_popcorn:

It's going to be interesting because there's several key wildcard situations for the game.

Rams offense is great but I still think Stafford is the big question mark there despite the numbers he puts up.  Every game he is guaranteed to chuck up "Lions" passes that are up for easy interceptions.  Matter of fact, if this 49er DB made this super easy INT, the 49ers would be the ones going to the SB, not the Rams, and Jimmy Garappolo would not have had that embarrassing last drive.  If Stafford doesn't do stupid gaffes like that, then the Bengals have a tough job because the Rams are pretty good overall.

The next big question mark in this coming SB is the Bengals offensive line.  Can it hold up against the Rams pass rush?  The Rams defensive line is very good and I've seen talk about how porous the Bengals OL is.  Patrick Mahomes in the SB against the Buccaneers was running for his life because the pass protection was simply not there.  The one thing that the Bengals do have that my 49ers have lacked for years now is a QB that they can rely on.  Their OL will have one helluva time trying to protect him.  If they can do that, then the Bengals have a good fighter's chance.

Of course, crazy stuff can happen still.  I still remember the heavily favored, then undefeated 2007 Patriots who were torching the league that year, that everyone was crowning "Undefeated Champs" even before the Super Bowl got beaten by the Wildcard team New York Giants in the Super Bowl.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles

I am not an expert, but I was pleased that Joe Burrow and the Bengals and Matt Stafford all get to play in the Super Bowl. I think honestly neither quarterback is as good as several of the quarterbacks on teams that have fallen by the wayside in the postseason, but each of the teams with a better quarterback was let down in some way by a poorer than average performance by some component of their team. 

I'd kind of prefer the Bengals to win, but if Matt Stafford gets a Super Bowl ring after languishing with the Lions for so long, that would not be a bad thing. I think Burrow may be a better quarterback, though. Stafford was doing exactly what you said, he was throwing some wild-ish passes that only luck and talented receivers were preventing from turning into picks.

Sign in to follow this