You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Diison

RP reset

29 comments in this topic

[PAK]
Members
204 posts
43,330 battles

If I reset my Haru line today. Dont play any ships in the line. Can I reset next week when 2x bonus comes up again on the same line?

[DAKK]
Members
763 posts
18,227 battles

Yep.

What you'll want to do is reset the line, and then FXP back up to Haru. Make sure not to buy any of the ships when you FXP back up. Then, when the bonus resets, you can reset the line again, and buy the ships this time.

[PAK]
Members
204 posts
43,330 battles

Thats the ticket research every ship including the Haru just dont buy them and dont play them. Then next week it allows you to reset the line.

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles
15 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

You'd need to free XP the line in order to reset it again.  

Yes, you can stack bonuses.

That time again?

x2 + x2 = x4 RP points?

Got distracted and missed it last time.

Maybe I’ll reset my heavy RU DDs again.

[CO-OP]
Members
5,197 posts
43,292 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

That time again?

x2 + x2 = x4 RP points?

Current season ends on the 9th.

[X-PN]
Members
3,836 posts
17,720 battles
17 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

That time again?

x2 + x2 = x4 RP points?

Or more....  some here have built up 8x or more....

For me I balance the use of credits and FXP....  I'm regrinding x2 on KM cruisers right now, but at next reset I'll reset Harugumo and run through 2 or 3 times for x3 or x4.  I'll end up with 50 or 60k RP for 2.2 or 2.8 mill FXP and 30 mil credits. 

Now there is only one catch... There's not much to spend it on until Sevastapol shows up to be weighed... I have everything else except Colbert which has been over nerfed.  I guess there a few legendaries I'd like to have, but it sticks in my craw to pay for those when I used to had the missions partially grounded out when they decided to Indian give them.

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1

[DAKK]
Members
763 posts
18,227 battles
3 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

how do you get the RB points if you don't play the ship once?

RB points stack. So, if you reset a line, FXP up it, and then reset it again your first win with any of the T5-T10 ships will credit you for both the first reset, and the second.

• Cool 1

[AM-PM]
Members
325 posts
8,626 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

That time again?

x2 + x2 = x4 RP points?

Careful there.  Has to be the SAME line in order to stack from what I've read.  Also, you have to have the x2 currently reset to get the x2 x2 stack... you'll lose the current (x2) if you don't have it reset before the reset resets... 

Hope that was clear or at least amusing if not...

Good luck!

[TARK]
Members
793 posts
5,932 battles
7 minutes ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

Careful there.  Has to be the SAME line in order to stack from what I've read.  Also, you have to have the x2 currently reset to get the x2 x2 stack... you'll lose the current (x2) if you don't have it reset before the reset resets... 

Good luck!

"you'll lose the current (x2) if you don't have it reset before the reset resets."  -confusion

Is this not correct?

1. Today I reset the Haru line.
2. Today I FXP back up to Haru
3. Today, I do nothing else with the Haru line.
4. ON or AFTER the day of the bonus refreshing, I reset the Haru line again
5. ON or AFTER the day of the bonus refreshing, I then buy all the ships and play them

If that is correct, I can use just under 1.4M FXP and get 40,000 RB points.

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,060 battles
4 hours ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

... you'll lose the current (x2) ... 

(Never mind...thought he was referring to an already reset line...he meant if you haven't reset a line you need to before the season ends or you will lose this seasons reset).

This is incorrect...

You cannot lose the x2 bonus under any circumstances.

There is no time limit to finish to get the x2 bonus (you can take years*** to do it & the bonus will remain once it is set)...

& you need to completely research the line before you can reset it again...so there's no way to reset the line while it is only part way researched to cancel out any past bonuses.

[***DISCLAIMER: This is as the system is now... it doesn't account for WG changing the system in the future like they did with the Legendary Upgrades]

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[AM-PM]
Members
325 posts
8,626 battles
2 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

This is incorrect...

You cannot lose the x2 bonus under any circumstances.

There is no time limit to finish to get the x2 bonus (you can take years*** to do it & the bonus will remain once it is set)...

& you need to completely research the line before you can reset it again...so there's no way to reset the line while it is only part way researched to cancel out any past bonuses.

[***DISCLAIMER: This is as the system is now... it doesn't account for WG changing the system in the future like they did with the Legendary Upgrades]

You have to reset THIS x2 before the next is out... not sure if that's clearer?  Once it's reset, you can complete it until WG changes it.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Cool 1

[AM-PM]
Members
325 posts
8,626 battles
3 hours ago, Eckarbeiter said:

"you'll lose the current (x2) if you don't have it reset before the reset resets."  -confusion

Is this not correct?

1. Today I reset the Haru line.
2. Today I FXP back up to Haru
3. Today, I do nothing else with the Haru line.
4. ON or AFTER the day of the bonus refreshing, I reset the Haru line again
5. ON or AFTER the day of the bonus refreshing, I then buy all the ships and play them

If that is correct, I can use just under 1.4M FXP and get 40,000 RB points.

Sounds right to me.  Hope it all works out great for you!

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles
4 hours ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

Good luck!

NP. I understand that part.

It’s what I did to get my only RB ship. (Vampire II, purchased because I have Vampire (I,) and because my mother went to see it in Sydney.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,060 battles
1 hour ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

You have to reset THIS x2 before the next is out... not sure if that's clearer?  Once it's reset, you can complete it until WG changes it.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

OK...thought you were referring to a line already reset...not resetting before the season ends.

Edited.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[TARK]
Members
793 posts
5,932 battles
7 hours ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

Sounds right to me.  Hope it all works out great for you!

thank you!

I've never ventured into this because I never understood the x2 bonus.. and didn't want to waste my FXP or screw up.

Now have over 8M fxp... and might finally do RB

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,688 posts
14,166 battles
11 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

so, reset FPX up wait until next reset then play, correct?

Yes

[AM-PM]
Members
325 posts
8,626 battles
17 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

OK...thought you were referring to a line already reset...not resetting before the season ends.

Hehe... clarity is difficult when resetting resets.  :)

Members
161 posts
3,666 battles

I just unlocked the Research Bureau from the Dockyard event and am close to researching/buying Harugumo for the first time (probably tonight/tomorrow). If I research/buy tonight and immediately hit reset, I won’t have enough FXP to get back to Harugumo before the season ends on the 9th. Does that matter, or can I casually build up FXP during the next season to reset again for x4?

[AM-PM]
Members
325 posts
8,626 battles
18 minutes ago, Tread_Head57 said:

I just unlocked the Research Bureau from the Dockyard event and am close to researching/buying Harugumo for the first time (probably tonight/tomorrow). If I research/buy tonight and immediately hit reset, I won’t have enough FXP to get back to Harugumo before the season ends on the 9th. Does that matter, or can I casually build up FXP during the next season to reset again for x4?

You just have to catch the current reset solely for the x2 bonus if you haven't done it already.  If you don't have that up currently, then it doesn't matter as much.  I believe you can continue to reset the line over and over with FXP before you actually spend any credits to finally purchase and play the ships to knock the stacks of bonus Research Bureau points off the boats.

If anyone knows if there is a limit to the resetting or what that limit is (time or number), please advise.

In my case, I've already reset my x2 this season and just completed a x1 as well.  I'm on the verge of resetting again and then will grab next season's x2 bonus before I play them again... might wait another season before playing as I'm currently credit poor after all the Santa ships and newish tier V-VII boats I've outfitted since Thanksgiving.

This mechanic is interesting as I didn't learn about it in time to really take advantage... also wasn't aware that the Harugumo line was the most efficient to do, so I was doing the European DD's up to Halland where I had tech-tree ship commanders lined up for them.

I already have my Ohio, so I use the RPs for flags....  (I can hear all of you gasping...) or the very few unique upgrades that I find worthwhile.  As an aside, the Des Moines acceleration/steering mod is my favorite.

Good luck all!

Edited by Arcus_Aesopi
fixed typo

[RSWF]
Members
433 posts
6,464 battles
39 minutes ago, Tread_Head57 said:

You don't need to buy the Harugumo to reset the line.  It sounds like it would be a waste of credits in your case if I'm understanding right.

Yes you can take your time getting back up to Haru.  You just need to do it before the next season ends (like you're doing now with this season) if you want the 2x bonus again on that line.

Members
161 posts
3,666 battles
21 minutes ago, Bomont said:

You don't need to buy the Harugumo to reset the line.  It sounds like it would be a waste of credits in your case if I'm understanding right.

Yes you can take your time getting back up to Haru.  You just need to do it before the next season ends (like you're doing now with this season) if you want the 2x bonus again on that line.

Thanks for that info! I’m about 2k experience away on the Kitakaze from being able to get Haru without using FXP. Will grind that out then reset and save my credits for the next season.

[NAWTI]
Members
239 posts
20,662 battles

Is it a good idea to reset both Harugumo and Shimakaze lines at the same time?

And is it OK to reset before the deadline, but FXP to complete AFTER the deadline?

Edited by 70869413