Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Divisions need limits

24 comments in this topic

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
36,990 battles

Two unicum CVs in a division, really you guys need wins that bad, really sad wish I could say the names of the clans and not get my post deleted.  You should be embarrassed. We shouldn't have tow CVs in any game, and we need to limit Division to not allow this to happen. 

They know that they would be top tier due to the CV matching rule, so a unicum tier 8 division up with a unicum tier 6 do they can "bonk" people no pun intended 

Edited by vikingno2
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 1

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
36,990 battles

Then I must be mistake, just my bad luck that two unicum CV get on one side, since the "Random" match making is so random maybe one of your math types could run the number on how a class that has less total numbers and the very small amount of unicum's, and the very small amount of double CVs games (according to many) can end up on the same side?  Just wondering, I am not going to mention that stacked teams keep happening with alarming frequency and that we need to look at match making. I am just wonder what the odds of that condition are happening. 

Edited by vikingno2

[FRFR]
Members
1,674 posts
2 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

Then I must be mistake, just my bad luck that two unicum CV get on one side, since the "Random" match making is so random maybe one of your math types could run the number on how a class that has less total numbers and the very small amount of unicum's, and the very small amount of double CVs games (according to many) can end up on the same side?  Just wondering, I am not going to mention that stacked teams keep happening with alarming frequency and that we need to look at match making. I am just wonder what the odds of that condition are happening. 

They could be queueing up at the same time to try to get into the same game, or it could be random. I ran into a purple division this morning with a Lexington and Ognevoi, but they were the ones that got ‘3onked’. That felt good.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,706 posts
16,775 battles

If you're diving, you're most likely doing it with your clan. If you're all in a good clan, you're probably all good. 

run the number on how a class that has less total numbers and the very small amount of unicum's, and the very small amount of double CVs games (according to many) can end up on the same side? 

It's random so skill isn't taken into account. If there is a low number of CV players in queue, say 4, then it's a pretty good chance the 2 good players end up on same team. Not a math type of person but I know you need more than 1 game to determine a trend. You randomly got pwned, happens.

Members
3,342 posts
3,044 battles
3 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

we need to limit Division to not allow this to happen. 

Would it really matter? The only way you can make a division with 2 aircraft carriers is if they're already on the same team.

[SALVO]
Members
16,357 posts
10,152 battles

wondering, I am

1- You can't form a Division with 2 CVs 

2 - You can't form a fail Division with 2 tiers of separation 

3 - If you sync drop, the odds of landing on the same match are really low. The expected outcome is each CV would drop on its own match... Two CV matches are a version of a queue dump and there's specific conditions needing to be fulfilled before it happens. 

4 - Even if both happen to drop in the same match, there's equal odds for being placed on different teams. 

5 - The most likely explanation of the event is just random ocurrence. No need to point fingers and cry foul, don't be a sore loser.

• Thanks 1

[TDRB]
Members
7,340 posts
16,186 battles

Just wondering, I am not going to mention that stacked teams keep happening with alarming frequency and that we need to look at match making. I am just wonder what the odds of that condition are happening. 

Stacked teams?????????? Stacked teams can only occur with a skill based MM, which WG is not using.

[SHARK]
[SHARK]
Members
74 posts
9,189 battles

Im just glad the havent put wheeled ships in the game and ruined it like WOT. The last thing we need is captian america shields for armor on the sides of ships. 

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,434 battles

Assuming there are two unicums and two not unicums in queue, the chance of both unicums being on the same side is 33%.

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
36,990 battles
34 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Assuming there are two unicums and two not unicums in queue, the chance of both unicums being on the same side is 33%.

Really two CVs why would you drop tow CVs in a game unless there are a bunch in queue

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
36,990 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

Stacked teams?????????? Stacked teams can only occur with a skill based MM, which WG is not using.

Well, that's complete [edited] it happens all the time and often 

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
971 posts
16,082 battles
4 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

The chances that they will be on the same side is 50%. They will be on oppisides or on the same side. This is assuming only 4 CVs in que with 2 being unicum.

• Cool 1

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
36,990 battles
4 minutes ago, Hel_Diver142 said:

Just more complaining about MM. It's the easiest thing to do.

No, it easier to ignore that it is becoming an issue; way easier 

• Thanks 1

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
36,990 battles
11 minutes ago, Admiral_Andy said:

The chances that they will be on the same side is 50%. They will be on oppisides or on the same side. This is assuming only 4 CVs in que with 2 being unicum.

2 CV game are supposedly quite rare, with all the games in queue you would think they would just have a 1 vs 1 cv game 

Edited by vikingno2

[BONKS]
Members
4,803 posts
52 battles

Afaik it is possible to form a division with a 2nd CV after the match has already started, but it is not possible to queue with 2 CVs in a division.

[PN]
WoWS Community Contributors
287 posts
11,006 battles

Okay, 

So let's break this down.

1. It is IMPOSSIBLE to div two CVs together and then start searching for a battle. WG has divisions coded to where you cannot ready up multiple CV's for randoms.

2. Multiple CVs can appear on random teams at tier 4 and 6 in matchmaking fairly frequently. This is limited to no more than 2 CVs per team.

3. At tier 8 the only way you can run into multiple CV's on a team (usually a tier 8 and a tier 6, but occasionally both tier 8's) is if the CVs are in queue for a long time (I believe 3 or 5 minutes is the spot where matchmaking rules relax, but I would have to look it up.) Or if there are very few available players in the queue (typically at early or late night hours on servers)

4. Tier 10 can NEVER have multiple CV's on a team.

Hope this helps!

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles
18 hours ago, MiniHannibal65 said:

.3. At tier 8 the only way you can run into multiple CV's on a team (usually a tier 8 and a tier 6, but occasionally both tier 8's)

Saw double 8s the other night.  Of note, there was a fail division with a T5 ship.  Two T8 CVs per side and one captain out there running a T5.

[WPORT]
Members
20,591 posts
22,563 battles

Some interesting matches are happening, it seems.

[SALVO]
Members
3,898 posts
7,848 battles
22 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

Really two CVs why would you drop tow CVs in a game unless there are a bunch in queue

Its near impossible to fake the MM into the situation that happened. It was simply luck of the draw that the most unlikely case happened.  Especially with CVs if you drop two CVs separately into the queue in a coordinated fashion the single most likely outcome is that you and your buddy will each be in your own team fighting each other. 

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
36,990 battles

Thank you for saying it was unlike for that unique situation to happen according to several its was just 50/50 

[PN]
WoWS Community Contributors
287 posts
11,006 battles
6 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Saw double 8s the other night.  Of note, there was a fail division with a T5 ship.  Two T8 CVs per side and one captain out there running a T5.

Once again like I said the two t8's only happened because of rare circumstances. Failed divs waiting in queue for awhile can be one of those things that messes with MM queue settings.

[SALVO]
Members
16,357 posts
10,152 battles
4 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

Thank you for saying it was unlike for that unique situation to happen according to several its was just 50/50 

It is very unlikely to have both T6 and T8 CVs drop in the same queue dump. Once that very unlikely situation happens, you still need to go through the 50/50 chance of being in the same team or not.