You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KS_s6i6x

Commander Skills Confusion

5 comments in this topic

[CDW]
Members
41 posts

Ya so I'm fairly new and need someone to please explain this to me. Have a Tier 5 German  dd the T-22. Wanted to do a Brawl match but only had a 12 point commander and I felt it would be better for me to to switch to a commander with with higher skill points.  So on the commander skill page I pushed the "Changed Commander " button. Went to a list of available choices and I clicked on my tier 7 German York to get that commander because he had 15 skill points which is how many I wanted to have.  Next page was the amount of cost it was going to be for retraining page. Paid my fee and then it went back to to tier 5 dd commander skill page and the new commander was now in place. Except it put the 15 skill point randomly I guess where ever it felt like.  The first pic is what he had as a cruiser captain and the second is what I get when he is a dd captain .....What I dont get to choose???? I dont get it  Is this normal

Cm Skill bs.png

cm skill.png

[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,116 battles
1 hour ago, KS_s6i6x said:

Ya so I'm fairly new and need someone to please explain this to me. Have a Tier 5 German  dd the T-22. Wanted to do a Brawl match but only had a 12 point commander and I felt it would be better for me to to switch to a commander with with higher skill points.  So on the commander skill page I pushed the "Changed Commander " button. Went to a list of available choices and I clicked on my tier 7 German York to get that commander because he had 15 skill points which is how many I wanted to have.  Next page was the amount of cost it was going to be for retraining page. Paid my fee and then it went back to to tier 5 dd commander skill page and the new commander was now in place. Except it put the 15 skill point randomly I guess where ever it felt like.  The first pic is what he had as a cruiser captain and the second is what I get when he is a dd captain .....What I dont get to choose???? I dont get it  Is this normal

Cm Skill bs.png

cm skill.png

Either you had him on another DD (maybe a premium) & set those skills or they were the default ones from the commander skill rework (if you were around then )...

All commanders were given default skills & at tje time there was a free respectively...but if you didn't log in & respec them they kept the defaults...

& 99.9999999% of them had at least 1 skill that was absolutely the most retarded skill imaginable for that ship type & the last skill anybody in their right mind would ever take.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,804 posts
22,691 battles
Spoiler
1 hour ago, KS_s6i6x said:

Cm Skill bs.png

cm skill.png

If I understand your sequence of events, properly, then I'm thinking the 15-point Commander had already learned Destroyer skills (on a different DD) before being assigned to the T-22.

The wiki article on Commanders goes into detail and has paragraphs explaining what happens when a Commander is transferred to be the Captain of another ship.
Here's the link.  https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander

I hope that helps @KS_s6i6x.  Feel free to ask follow-up questions, if you're still wondering about something.

[PVE]
Members
12,068 posts
21,313 battles

The minor advantages of specific commanders never mitigates, your own skills, you must try to become better and succeed. If you are above 50% you have done so, however with a non rating system, such as WOWs has. The only system they seem to have is what they call Ranked. Ranked battles have nothing to do with the individual. It ranks a random team, how is that different than a random match? It just isn't. What does your brain tell you? I want to see what you all come up with?, before I tell you what I am thinking. So respond and then I will finish my diatribe.

Yes I have a point but I am asking you all to respond to the point before I make it.

OK, the point is only, Reality.

[PVE]
Members
12,068 posts
21,313 battles
2 hours ago, KS_s6i6x said:

If you have DD skills picked already, for say a DD commander they stay the same, if you haven't allocated  Cruiser commander skills for a premium Cruiser, you get to choose them, and for BB and CVs, and whatever they call those underwater monstrosities that aren't in any way shape or form, realistic. They were introduced as an April fools and then weren't that anymore. Double April fools. Yet the second one wasn't a fool, go figure the $.

Edited by Sovereigndawg