You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xamdam

How is this possible...? Hacked Account?

50 comments in this topic

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
646 posts

I won't name and shame as per the rules but...

Player join date is 15 Jan 2022, two weeks ago and has 10 Random battles, 20 Co-op battles. Ships in inventory as follows...

(Played in Randoms)
Tier X Jinan
Tier VII Belfast (the original, OP one)
Tier X Smolensk

(Played in Co-op)
Tier IX Musashi
Tier I Hashidate
Tier I Erie
Tier I Hermelin
Tier II Dresden

Musashi, Smolensk, Belfast are no longer available, much less to an account created two weeks ago. 

Player shows up in Operations chat with the standard "narai inv" which is common at this time of day with players from a certain large Asian country.

This makes no sense to me, other than some form of account hacking. I have screen shots, would this be worth sending a report to support? 

• Meh 1

[RVNHQ]
Members
823 posts
16,642 battles

They most likely just installed and then whaled a bunch of Santa crates.

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
33 minutes ago, xamdam said:

I won't name and shame as per the rules but...

Player join date is 15 Jan 2022, two weeks ago and has 10 Random battles, 20 Co-op battles. Ships in inventory as follows...

(Played in Randoms)
Tier X Jinan
Tier X Smolensk

(Played in Co-op)
Tier IX Musashi
Tier I Hashidate
Tier I Erie
Tier I Hermelin
Tier II Dresden

Musashi, Smolensk, Belfast are no longer available, much less to an account created two weeks ago. 

Player shows up in Operations chat with the standard "narai inv" which is common at this time of day with players from a certain large Asian country.

This makes no sense to me, other than some form of account hacking. I have screen shots, would this be worth sending a report to support? 

Naa... From my POV... Its someone's ALT account... Having ALT accounts is not against any applied rules.. Therefor, there's nothing to report to CS..

Now, if you have any other observations other then having ALT accounts.. Please don't hesitate to ask..

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Meh 3

[FRFR]
Members
1,675 posts

The Santa Crate event last until January 17th, so it’s possible they whaled ALL the crates.  Jinan surprises me though.  Can you just buy it for doubloons?  I thought you had to complete the chain first. Though I will happily admit that I didn’t pay too much attention because the thought of spending 20,000 doubloons for a tech tree ship is ridiculous to me.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,142 posts
30,906 battles

Bought a bunch of Santa Crates, scored big on a Musashi, OG Winfast, Smolensk apparently, people would give their left nut for those pulls.  In addition he had to pay out a lot to get Jinan.  Jinan is the Tier X in PACL Early Access.  He had to pay out a lot of Doubloons to buy ALL the bundles and then only after that, payed out 20k Doubloons to get Jinan.

When I was brand new, I did something similar but on a fraction of that scale.  I had played tons and got Tier Tier V Omaha.  I was having so much fun that I went out and bought Tier VII Atlanta and Tier VIII Atago, and promptly embarrassed myself in them.  The guy the OP referenced is likely going to suck real bad despite some very damn good botes.  But he has them at least, and hopefully he'll get better and eventually make them look good.  Unless that guy is a reroll, it's going to take him a long while to make those ships look good.

• Thanks 1

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
646 posts

So the player bought a small country's economy worth of Santa Crates, and has only played this handful of ships (1 battle in the Musashi)? Sold all the rest or they just don't show up until a battle is played? 

I suppose technically, it could be done. This is more than a regular "alt" account though (I have several of my own) and it made me suspicious... 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,409 posts
15,676 battles

Why is every body worried about everyone else? Why would you report this guy why would even you care what he has or doesn’t have ? Your going to report him because he has ships you don’t have and you can’t figure out how he got them ?

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 10
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
10,966 battles
5 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Why is every body worried about everyone else? Why would you report this guy ? Why would even care what he has or doesn’t have . Your going to report him because he has ships you don’t have and you can’t figure out how he got them .

Because he is NOT supposed to be able to play randoms ?? He is still in protected Mm and yet he plays TX matches. But.... da moneyz  talk.

• Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
1,250 posts
21,746 battles
1 hour ago, SeaGladius said:

Jinan surprises me though.  Can you just buy it for doubloons?  I thought you had to complete the chain first.

Yes, it's possible. You can buy the 60 random crates for 1,000 doubloons each to get the tokens to complete the chain, then pay 20,000 doubloons for the Jinan. Most of those random bundles have 800 tokens in them. And one bundle is 12,000 tokens.  Kind of a silly thing to do though since it's a tech tree ship in the future.

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,409 posts
15,676 battles
1 hour ago, Bandi73 said:

he plays TX matches. But.... da moneyz  talk.

He didnt say he plays Tier 10 matches he said he had 2 tier 10 ships and showed up in Nari chat with a nari inv . So this guy runs runs a player check on him I don't get it ? What does money have to do with it ?

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,076 posts
29,316 battles
2 hours ago, SeaGladius said:

Jinan surprises me though.  Can you just buy it for doubloons?  I thought you had to complete the chain first.

Yes, you can and yes, you do.

And yes, he spent that much.

The spread of banned ships that he won is interesting (probably the three most desirable that you can still get in Santa crates), but not outside the bounds of reason.

There's no hacking going on here, OP. Just a LOT of dubs being spent.

3 hours ago, xamdam said:

players from a certain large Asian country.

So what? He's got the money; let him spend it how he damn-well wants. The moment you start wanting to take control of complete strangers' discretionary spending is the moment you lose my respect. If they're an adult, it's their responsibility. If they're a kid and some adult is giving them free rein, it's that adult's problem. Butt out.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
10,966 battles

23 minutes ago, clammboy said:

He didnt say he plays Tier 10 matches he said he had 2 tier 10 ships and showed up in Nari chat with a nari inv . So this guy runs runs a player check on him I don't get it ? What does money have to do with it ?

Hkhmm:....

(Played in Randoms)
 Tier X Jinan
 Tier X Smolensk

Otherwise he obviously "earned that right" as a result of his spending, not the old fashioned way.

Btw he also probably can jump into ranked. Needless to say how much fun his teammates could have as a result.....

Edited by Bandi73

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles

It's amazing what winning the lottery will do for a person.
Drop a couple grand?  This guy is probably leaving that as a bar-tip these days.

Money runs out, though.

And sometimes, these folks end up dying suspiciously.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,409 posts
15,676 battles
1 hour ago, Bandi73 said:

Hkhmm:....

Otherwise he obviously "earned that right" as a result of his spending, not the old fashioned way.

Btw he also probably can jump into ranked. Needless to say how much fun his teammates could have as a result.....

I'm just saying what makes you look into this guys profile to see what ships he has and then want to report report him besides that he has some ships you want  . It's like my neighbor who called city hall to make sure I had a permit to add a deck onto my house WTH you got nothing better to do ? I guess it just bothered me it shouldn't matter to me either way .

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 2

[B_Y_F]
Members
857 posts
19,379 battles

Sold all the rest or they just don't show up until a battle is played

A new ship won't show up in stat unless you play it once somewhere. So he theoretically can have a full premium armada whaled in port. But only play the most OP one. 

• Thanks 2

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,973 posts
13,731 battles

So the player bought a small country's economy worth of Santa Crates, and has only played this handful of ships (1 battle in the Musashi)? Sold all the rest or they just don't show up until a battle is played? 

I suppose technically, it could be done. This is more than a regular "alt" account though (I have several of my own) and it made me suspicious... 

They don't show up until played at least once.

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,799 posts
20,735 battles
2 hours ago, Bandi73 said:

Because he is NOT supposed to be able to play randoms ??

according to who?

Where is the rule that no one can 'not' play randoms (unless pink/orange)?

Sorry OP, I'm not seeing any issues here and I was around for the early days of the 'Derpitz'

[TSF]
Members
924 posts
21,849 battles

What you are looking at is currently the most effective way to both launder, and transport to Russia at the same time, a virtually unlimited amount of untraceable money.

• Sad 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
16 minutes ago, Litigo_1970 said:

What you are looking at is currently the most effective way to both launder, and transport to Russia at the same time, a virtually unlimited amount of untraceable money.

Except for the fact that WG is a Belarusian game company headwuartered in Cyprus with employees located worldwide. Lesta is only one of WG's tie-ins, it has or had others in Minsk, Kiev, California, Washington, Australia, and South Korea. Ever heard of a multi-national company?

• Boring 2
  • Meh 2

Members
3,352 posts
3,059 battles
5 hours ago, xamdam said:

This makes no sense to me, other than some form of account hacking.

That's no hacker, that's Moby [edited]!

4 hours ago, Bandi73 said:

Because he is NOT supposed to be able to play randoms ?? He is still in protected Mm and yet he plays TX matches.

Impossible, you cannot do both according the the MM rules.

• Funny 1

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
10,966 battles
39 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

Impossible, you cannot do both according the the MM rules.

Well...

On 1/19/2022 at 7:17 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I went and had a look at the Wiki.

image.thumb.png.8e9c10ae7283f75cb2578342baede241.png

I understand your point however, I think that we can safely say the he wont go back. Meaning that protected Mm has no relevancy in this case, other than what experience he could have possibly accrued .

Edited by Bandi73

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
10,966 battles
2 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

according to who?

Where is the rule that no one can 'not' play randoms (unless pink/orange)?

The context is about playing T10 randoms  Which he undoubtedly has the means to do.  However certainly not the experience.

2 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Sorry OP, I'm not seeing any issues here and I was around for the early days of the 'Derpitz'

I'm not the OP :) However I can see the point.

Edited by Bandi73

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
10,966 battles
2 hours ago, clammboy said:

I'm just saying what makes you look into this guys profile to see what ships he has and then want to report report him besides that he has some ships you want  . 

If he did something which was completely bonkers , which we can quite safely assume that he did...... I see a reason.. Because when you see a Smolensk or a Belfast you don't assume a new player. And if you are not 100% aware how protected MM works..... For example I didn't know that people can freely bypass protected MM.

You asked for a reason, so I gave one.

2 hours ago, clammboy said:

It's like my neighbor who called city hall to make sure I had a permit to add a deck onto my house WTH you got nothing better to do ? I guess it just bothered me it shouldn't matter to me either way .

I don't have a problem whatsoever with people getting economical advantages because they buy stuff. It is absolutely normal. However if they cant even park their newly acquired vehicle because quite arguably they don't have a driver's license.....I very much see a problem.

Edited by Bandi73

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles

Humans are just too nosy.. There's no rule being broken just for having ships you dont have nor for having an ALT account...

If there's anything else other then a false accusation, scrutinizing the unknown player by the OP or anybody else,  is IMO.. Unwarranted.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Meh 1