You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Qilang

LOL, Dockyard is so poorly coded

8 comments in this topic

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,389 posts
10,241 battles

i do kinda chuckle when the entire port is flooded over at certain times of the day. I have a few screen shots. Just kinda silly looking, and it's par for the course with just about any programming crew I have worked around. They absolutely consider themselves the hottest thing around, and infallible.

From a testers perspective, they aren't paying well enough, and they obviously lack a full QA team. Likely do not want to pay to have one.

And they likely discount the value of them, probably disdain from management. So, you get sloppy 'coding' and poor workmanship.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[TRU]
Members
829 posts
29,671 battles
7 hours ago, Qilang said:

always GPU 100% usage, mine is 3080

what a joke, lol.

This is something I have noticed with this game for years.  The gameplay itself is beautiful and usually runs smoothly without any issues.   

However, you want to check the dockyard or armory before you sign off?   I hope you have between ten seconds and three minutes for it to load.   And then, in many cases it does not load correctly.

I am still hoping for a patch that doesn't focus on anything but some spring cleaning of the UI/menus.   

• Thanks 3

[X-PN]
Members
3,836 posts
17,720 battles
3 hours ago, mpwardawg said:

This is something I have noticed with this game for years.  The gameplay itself is beautiful and usually runs smoothly without any issues.   

However, you want to check the dockyard or armory before you sign off?   I hope you have between ten seconds and three minutes for it to load.   And then, in many cases it does not load correctly.

I am still hoping for a patch that doesn't focus on anything but some spring cleaning of the UI/menus.   

....and then there are the perpetual port issues.... If you accrue more than 200-300 contacts it will start and stop in fits no matter the speed of your machine.

...and on the actual game, while I some report good results with old hardware, my secondary laptop with a 1050ti gets down to 25-30 fps at times, but it used to do 65 fps max detail 2 years ago.  They keep adding more to old game engine, but they are clearly bumping up against it's limitations.... I wonder what will happen when you get divisions of Jinan's and the screen has to draw 120 torps in the water?

• Thanks 1

Members
6,889 posts
14,871 battles
2 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

They keep adding more to old game engine, but they are clearly bumping up against it's limitations..

They upgraded the engine a couple years ago to get 64 bits and just like any PC game - they add in better graphics which means - older hardware will struggle.  PC games do not stay static on their resource use and they never will.  That is why there are graphics settings in games.

Members
6,889 posts
14,871 battles

To the OPs point - they have no need to change anything in port.  A GPU will happily =run 100% all of the time - it is what it is designed to do.  Make large changes to the point does not add ANYTHING to the bottom line so it WILL be last when planning any changes.

Just for grins I decided how my 1080 is suffering in port:
image.png.8809cff32276b2f5265d9779ad6424b2.png

Yea - not 100%....  Played with some settings to see if the load changed dramatically and it didn't.

Edited by CylonRed