You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

Back in the saddle rant: Naval battles

7 comments in this topic

[0456]
Members
3,945 posts
10,545 battles

I've been pretty good with a few ships... not the least of which were the Atago and some of the Russian DDs. So imagine my delight when I went into Naval battles for the first time since my return to see that there were some X2 associated with them. So off I went! Get up to needing 1100xp...

... Only to get clobbered time and time again... used up all my battles just trying to get 1100xp. On wins STILL not managing to scrape up 1100xp? What? 

Annoying AF... was on a good run prior to that and then flip on naval battles and down she goes. 

Probably just psyched myself out... but wow. 

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
19,167 posts
35,208 battles

Unless you're trying to spread out the block one wins with clan mates, just go for block one wins.

• Cool 1

[0456]
Members
3,945 posts
10,545 battles
48 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Unless you're trying to spread out the block one wins with clan mates, just go for block one wins.

Sounds like good advice. I'll keep that in mind next time- unfortunately my clan is pretty much dormant so I'm a one man sinking machine. 

[A-I-M]
Members
4,956 posts
18,539 battles
2 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

…So off I went! Get up to needing 1100xp...

...  just trying to get 1100xp….STILL not managing to scrape up 1100xp? What? 

You do know that it’s 1100 base XP, right?

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,928 posts
8,973 battles
2 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

Probably just psyched myself out... but wow. 

Happens to us all. Flipping that switch suddenly makes the matches matter more. You have finite opportunities, so you overthink. Previous matches where you played the odds with success were successful, but now you're cautious so you aren't playing at your potential. Get one or two bad matches, it gets into your head. 

• Cool 1

[0456]
Members
3,945 posts
10,545 battles
36 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

You do know that it’s 1100 base XP, right?

Yup... 

[0456]
Members
3,945 posts
10,545 battles
21 hours ago, HyperFish said:

Happens to us all. Flipping that switch suddenly makes the matches matter more. You have finite opportunities, so you overthink. Previous matches where you played the odds with success were successful, but now you're cautious so you aren't playing at your potential. Get one or two bad matches, it gets into your head. 

Very well put... I hadn't done naval battles for awhile and didn't know we got extra for every 5 that we played either. 

I must admit I still don't mind the naval battles thing... though I was pretty frustrated with the rolls yesterday. 

Edited by _ENO_