Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jagerbomb_2021

Killed by ghost ships

9 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
240 posts
8,354 battles

I just got done with Killer Whale and everything was completed. I was about 2km from the exit when all of a sudden I'm dead by ramming. There weren't any enemy ships around and the out of nowhere I'm stuck in the middle of an enemy ship and another one 2km away. They weren't there just a second before. Anyone else have that happen? I hopefully attached the replay correctly. If so proceed to just under the 4 minutes left mark. 

20220129_100331_PFSC506-De-Grasse_s01_NavalBase.wowsreplay

[RSL]
Members
897 posts
13,665 battles

Sounds like you happened to be directly inside the spawn location of one of the AI ships when they spawned. 

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
11 minutes ago, Jagerbomb_2021 said:

I just got done with Killer Whale and everything was completed. I was about 2km from the exit when all of a sudden I'm dead by ramming. There weren't any enemy ships around and the out of nowhere I'm stuck in the middle of an enemy ship and another one 2km away. They weren't there just a second before. Anyone else have that happen? I hopefully attached the replay correctly. If so proceed to just under the 4 minutes left mark. 

20220129_100331_PFSC506-De-Grasse_s01_NavalBase.wowsreplay

Sounds like... You happen to pass a bot ship spawn point and rammed you... 

[DAS]
Members
1,084 posts
15,950 battles

I had something similar happen to me yesterday. I was in ranked alone against 2 ships towards the end. A DD (Ragnar) came around an island and I rammed him in my BB. I am sure I had around 50K hp left when I rammed him but I still died. The last ship (a BB) was in front of me and I am sure he didn't have shots in the air.

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
240 posts
8,354 battles

I guess that is what happened then. It took me by surprise because I was about 1/2 health and then dead. At least I got an achievement reward for it.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles

Normally, if you follow the usual flow of battle, you wouldn't be there.

I often see folks too familiar with the scenario parked out at spawn areas so they can double-strike zap the bots when they appear.
Unless you have the spawn locations triangulated and exact times written down, don't even try it.

Just enjoy the scenario and follow the objectives -- you'll do fine.  If the 'experts' are on your team, just let them do their thing.  After all, they are counting on you to do the main mission.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,144 posts
30,906 battles

I viewed the replay.  On reading the initial post before viewing, I assumed the OP sailed to the northeast and died from the bots literally spawning on top of him.  I've seen that happen before.  I even saw it happen to a guy that was putting on an immense show in Raptor Rescue with Farragut.  I've been in Ops, especially with Premade Ops Divisions where someone goes right up to the northeast and spawn kills the bot Cruisers that pop in.  But I don't think the OP was trying to do one of those predetermined routes to take advantage of spawning bots and killing them. ASAP. 

The OP was simply playing and the team was ROFLSTOMPING it's way through.  He was skirting the north edge of the map, right where the BBs spawn, and that's where he died.  Screenshot of when he died, and a rough highlight of where he sailed for the latter half of the op.

6DOJbRM.jpeg

• Funny 1

[PN]
WoWS Community Contributors
287 posts
11,037 battles
On 1/29/2022 at 2:04 PM, epojokke said:

I had something similar happen to me yesterday. I was in ranked alone against 2 ships towards the end. A DD (Ragnar) came around an island and I rammed him in my BB. I am sure I had around 50K hp left when I rammed him but I still died. The last ship (a BB) was in front of me and I am sure he didn't have shots in the air.

Best guess is he had a ram flag on. Ragnar with SE has about 30k HP, add the 50% modifier, takes the ram damage to 45k (30K base damage plus 15k damage bonus from flag) when he hits you. Boom you're dead.

Edited by MiniHannibal65

[DAS]
Members
1,084 posts
15,950 battles
5 hours ago, MiniHannibal65 said:

Best guess is he had a ram flag on. Ragnar with SE has about 30k HP, add the 50% modifier, takes the ram damage to 45k (30K base damage plus 15k damage bonus from flag) when he hits you. Boom you're dead.

That sounds like a possible option.