You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
derf_20

once again, in the shorts for PVE

34 comments in this topic

[PIXEL]
Members
477 posts
34,331 battles

this was mentioned in a previous thread but i would like outrage to swell for just a moment again...imageproxy.php?img=&key=44b63c92bbf32eae

302430981_WorldofWarships1_28_20228_14_45PM.thumb.png.6a589b94bade3f99ce5fe5d087f9d31a.png

18 achievements in CO-OP?

i thought we were over this

shoulda known better

Edited by derf_20
clairity
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[PIXEL]
Members
477 posts
34,331 battles

hmm, that may be

but if you are playing randoms and get a load of taters on your team and loose, i hope you put some blame on WG and not all on

spuds that feel forced to try your world

• Meh 1

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,436 battles

You can still get achievements even if you lose in PVP, though. One of them doesn't even require any skill or any effort to get.

[B_Y_F]
Members
857 posts
19,377 battles
6 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

One of them doesn't even require any skill or any effort to get.

The fun and engaging one? :cap_look:

• Funny 3

[CVA16]
Members
8,871 posts
27,057 battles
34 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Operations is a PVE game mode.

True, but the mission icons indicate you can do it in Coop and Operations.

• Cool 2

[PIXEL]
Members
477 posts
34,331 battles
48 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

True, but the mission icons indicate you can do it in Coop and Operations.

this error has happened  before with promises that it won't again... that's part of my [edited]

also when you have to go from your normal habitat to another mode to accomplish the missions, it makes it seem like much more of a grind.

then add what compass ghost mentioned, you loose in PVE and no achievement

i don't have concerns for myself getting it done, as i do a fair amount of ops anyway...

but it is clumsy at best on the part of WG & i would like to think they can deal with small details at least once in a while.

but REALLY what it comes down to is i just wanted to rant.

i try to avoid it, but sometimes...

• Funny 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,340 posts
11,772 battles

Even ignoring where, 18 is downright obnoxious. Even in ops, the easiest place to get them, getting 18 would be an undertaking.

• Thanks 2

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,060 battles

Good thing I need to grind out ranked still...

As soon as I'm done with brawls...which also has no achievements despite the mission saying you can do it there also.

@Boggzy

@Ahskance

Are there hidden achievements in Brawls I'm not aware of...because I know there's no 1st bloods at least because I've had quite a few brawls I killed all 3 reds & surely would've gotten a 1st blood in there somewhere.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

Nothing in Operations.

Just ground out a Killer Whale with everything destroyed and its considered a defeat with no objectives completed. 200 bxp given.

This is my last post here or my last game in wows. I am removing everything from the computer as of this hour. I will not be back. Some of you might say oh yes you will. I will not. The game has too many problems to be fun and engaging. So long.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

[5D3]
Members
1,542 posts

18 Achievements in PVE is easy. Just play Operations like Killer Whale or Narai. You can even form a Division and show those bots who is the boss.

shot-22_01.28_00_52.25-0112.thumb.jpg.fd3a31bad1c5912ec4d6899b98ae48a6.jpg

Narai will be next Wednesday. Even more opportunities to get Achievements. 

shot-22_01.02_15_47.31-0345.thumb.jpg.28c9328edac9f431b8728be7a894fa86.jpg

[WOLFX]
Members
813 posts
1,713 battles

Shouldn't this post be in the PVE thread?

[_EASY]
Members
311 posts
22,080 battles
2 hours ago, DeletedUser said:

Nothing in Operations.

Just ground out a Killer Whale with everything destroyed and its considered a defeat with no objectives completed. 200 bxp given.

This is my last post here or my last game in wows. I am removing everything from the computer as of this hour. I will not be back. Some of you might say oh yes you will. I will not. The game has too many problems to be fun and engaging. So long.

Bye.....

• Meh 1

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
1,498 posts
8,467 battles
3 hours ago, cammaj said:

Shouldn't this post be in the PVE thread?

Why? It is a general reoccurring issue that has been remarked upon for YEARS. 

• Cool 1

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,522 battles
6 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Good thing I need to grind out ranked still...

As soon as I'm done with brawls...which also has no achievements despite the mission saying you can do it there also.

@Boggzy

@Ahskance

Are there hidden achievements in Brawls I'm not aware of...because I know there's no 1st bloods at least because I've had quite a few brawls I killed all 3 reds & surely would've gotten a 1st blood in there somewhere.

None that I'm aware of.

---

When the mission chain was created, it had several Battle Types selected and then the mission conditions were entered.  Having a Battle Type enabled simply means the system will watch those Battle Types for any results that it can note down. 

Unfortunately, Co-Op and Brawls aren't much help for the 18 Achievement mission, but Achievements can be earned in Randoms or Ranked.  I've heard Operations work as well, but I haven't tried that myself.

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
5 hours ago, Hukom said:

18 Achievements in PVE is easy.

Not for the average player.  I don't know if you're a hoperations player or not.  Most players can't div up, and they don't spawn camp for massive games.  The average guy will get a sea star maybe 70% of the time, and that's it.

• Cool 4

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
1,498 posts
8,467 battles
39 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

When the mission chain was created, it had several Battle Types selected and then the mission conditions were entered.  Having a Battle Type enabled simply means the system will watch those Battle Types for any results that it can note down. 

So why do they add battle types that CANNOT meet mission parameters? I may be wrong but I would imagine an interface where you select the the different modes then click the CONTINUE button to go to the next step. It reeks of someone lazy just clicking the ALL button and moving on. I get that you don't play Coop as a rule but it is frustrating for those of us who do to open a mission page and scan the shields of the various modes, see the Coop marker then read that the mission requires what CANNOT BE DONE THERE. I guess we should be used to it now? Gives us the feels of how much WG thinks we matter. And please don't respond with what has and is being done. I get and appreciate that. But things like this...

Edited by SkullCowboy_60
  • Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts

Let's not focus on the mistake of including a co-op icon.  I'm far more upset that co-op players are excluded from completing this mission chain.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,522 battles
5 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Let's not focus on the mistake of including a co-op icon.  I'm far more upset that co-op players are excluded from completing this mission chain.

This is the more relevant issue.  Someone adding a Battle Type that doesn't work looks silly, but the actual problem here is that Co-Op Only players do not have a means to complete this chain.

This is what I posted above that I would look into.  I won't have further information until next week at the earliest.

• Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
31,064 posts
29,291 battles
32 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

but the actual problem here is that Co-Op Only players do not have a means to complete this chain.

During one of the previous events to win one of the Ovechkin captains, there was an award called Four-Goal Haul, whose symbol was a cuttlefish (sort of like a baby co-op Kraken). I would suggest that this be reintroduced and relabelled as "Cuttlefish Unleashed".

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PIXEL]
Members
477 posts
34,331 battles
1 hour ago, Ahskance said:

This is the more relevant issue.  Someone adding a Battle Type that doesn't work looks silly, but the actual problem here is that Co-Op Only players do not have a means to complete this chain.

This is what I posted above that I would look into.  I won't have further information until next week at the earliest.

thank you

& sorry for the rant

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,060 battles

Am I mistaken or did they announce (many months ago) that there would be co-op achievements added at 1 point.

1 hour ago, Ahskance said:

Can you look into the time line on that?

Or was I mistaken about that?

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,522 battles
4 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Am I mistaken or did they announce (many months ago) that there would be co-op achievements added at 1 point.

Can you look into the time line on that?

Or was I mistaken about that?

You might be thinking of Division Achievements?  They were implemented a few patches back.

[5D3]
Members
1,542 posts
4 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

Not for the average player.  I don't know if you're a hoperations player or not.  Most players can't div up, and they don't spawn camp for massive games.  The average guy will get a sea star maybe 70% of the time, and that's it.

I'm a below average player, and I don't do 'hoperations'. I think it will all boil down to what and to how you play your chosen ship for that particular operation. I usually stick to tech tree ships. Leander, Nurnberg for Killer Whale. Pensacola, Izmail for Aegis. Fiji for Narai.