You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ShinanoMiyano

Remove more real player in co-op battle or make bots don't idiots

12 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
255 battles

I use Rhein in co-op battle, i never can kill 4 and can't get 80k damage, i attack enemy, it's enemy lower HP and teammates get kill him, i don't have kill, i very sad and angry that thing, 90% i have 0 damage and 0 kill in co-op battle, teammates like thief, pls fix

Edited by ShinanoMiyano
  • Haha 4
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
11 minutes ago, ShinanoMiyano said:

I use Rhein in co-op battle, i never can kill 4 and can't get 80k damage, i attack enemy, it's enemy lower HP and teammates get kill him, i don't have kill, i very sad and angry that thing, 90% i have 0 damage and 0 kill in co-op battle, teammates like thief, pls fix

This is nothing to fix... Its the evolution of Co-op... This evolution was started within 9 months ago... One thing is certain... This was not WG's idea...

[RVNHQ]
Members
823 posts
16,642 battles

I play Co-op almost exclusively and within a month I can count on one hand the amount of times a CV gets a kill. and this is at higher tiers. You simply lack the consistency and alpha strike to secure a kill.

• Thanks 2

[CO-OP]
Members
5,197 posts
43,292 battles

Not a lot can be done to fix this.  CVs rely on time to get damage, but most co-op games will be over in 5 minutes or less.  For the Rhein, I would go to operations to score damage/XP.

• Thanks 1

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles
41 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Not a lot can be done to fix this.  CVs rely on time to get damage, but most co-op games will be over in 5 minutes or less.  For the Rhein, I would go to operations to score damage/XP.

As well, if OP is getting the claimed damage, they’re getting more xp than the player who kill secures.

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,060 battles
4 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

As well, if OP is getting the claimed damage, they’re getting more xp than the player who kill secures.

I don't think he's saying he gets that damage...

He says he doesn't get 80k...then later says he gets zero...

Not sure why he arbitrarily pulled 80k out as the number to highlight he doesn't get though.

His only other post is also in bug reporting section...demanding German (Kaiser specifically) AA to be nerfed...but he is OK w/IJN (Myogi) AA as it only kills 2 of his 6 planes while Kaiser kills 5 of his 6 planes (in German CV)...

That's a bug.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Haha 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,187 posts
15,766 battles

There have been "smarter" bots which were not well accepted and bots that will make you cry are possible.

[WHARF]
Members
847 posts
22,494 battles
13 hours ago, ShinanoMiyano said:

the battles are too short to do that damage....try randoms battles

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,522 battles
13 hours ago, ShinanoMiyano said:

I see you're new to the game, so I'd like to encourage you to try to United States line of Carriers instead of the German ones.  The German CVs have some great aspect to them, but they are NOT new player friendly :(

Also, some other folks recommended trying Random Battles, which I can agree with for Tier 4 and below.  You will often fight Bots that have more AI than the Bots in Co-Op, so you'll have more time to practice attacking things and having interactions.

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles
3 hours ago, dadeoo said:

the battles are too short to do that damage....try randoms battles

Randoms ceased being worth playing carriers in three years ago.

[WOLF8]
Members
9,259 posts
7,537 battles

The real competition for the Coop mode isn't against the enemy red team, but rather against your own teammates. It's a damage race to see who can claim most damage and kills. Given how short a typical Coop match can be, especially considering the nerf to the bot accuracy several months ago, it can be a real tall order for a CV to do their thing. As someone else already mentioned, the reworked CV's are sort of like a DoT class, needing time to do their thing... which you won't have much in a typical 5-minute Coop game. As such, TBH, I'm not surprised that OP is having trouble doing damage in his Rhein.

However, that being said, there are ways to make up for it. First, the CV player should always push up with their CV, in order to shorten the flight time of their squadrons. I find that wasting too much time flying from point A to point B to be one of the biggest contributors to CV's poor performance in Coop. Considering the botched accuracy of the bots these days, the risk to the carrier itself should be minimal... but if you're still worried, then you can just park the ship behind an island near the front line, or something. Problem solved, lol. :Smile_trollface:

Second, don't be too conservative with your planes. In PvP, it makes sense to conserve as many planes as possible for the late game... but in Coop, with such short matches, there's just no point. You need to be aggressive from the start and make sure to get as many strikes in as possible, before your teammates gobble up all the damages and kills. Of course, I don't mean just throwing your planes away willy nilly (such as flying straight into a tightly packed group of red bots with high AA ships... ouch), but being too timid can cost you in the end, netting you nothing but bread crumbs.

5 hours ago, Ahskance said:

The German CVs have some great aspect to them, but they are NOT new player friendly :(

Considering the specialized nature of the German planes, I would agree... but given how this thread is about the Coop mode, with super short matches being common, I kinda of disagree. Sort of, lel. :Smile_hiding:

To shorten the flight time, I reccomend a CV player to push up with their carrier. This can put the ship itself in a close proximity with the red bots... and the German CV's can specc for Secondary builds, which can aid in pitching in some extra damage. Ok, so maybe not Rhein at Tier IV... but I personally think that starting with Weser at Tier Vi, it is something worthy to consider. Plus, a secondary specced German CV can still do something, in case they get effectively deplaned, for whatever reason (such as throwing squadron after squadron into a tight group of bots with high AA ships), which you can't quite do with other CV's.

German planes are also some of the fastest in the game, which further contributes to shortening the overall flight time.

That's just me though. My 2 cents. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[KERR]
Beta Testers
430 posts
10,291 battles

Sadly, this is a near picture perfect case of a player doing the right thing and heading to Co-Op to learn to play CVs BEFORE heading into regular play.  The OP is then frustrated by the seemingly lack of success in Co-Op, and may become discouraged enough to stop playing CVs completely. While some may cheer this, there are those who understand the importance of EACH class in the game, with a good CV player being more than worth their weight in damage.

ShinanoMiyano; please do not get discouraged, keep playing the class you enjoy, and make yourself the player that your opponents look at and go "Oh dang, we are so in trouble".

• Cool 2