Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MiniHannibal65

Hunt me in Brawls for a chance to win Premium ships

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

212
[PN]
WoWS Community Contributors
287 posts
11,037 battles

Hey all,

I'll be live on twitch and floating around in brawls for the next two-ish hours. Sync drop me for a chance to win a Premium Tier 8 or 9 Ship Container. (Oh, we may also be giving away some Subscriber Camo's and other goodies!).

www.twitch.tv/minihannibal65
Best of luck and Happy Hunting!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
167 posts
470 battles
6 hours ago, MiniHannibal65 said:

Sync drop me for a chance to win a Premium Tier 8 or 9 Ship Container.

Tried my luck but couldn't find a CC. What does "Sync drop" mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,911
[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
3 minutes ago, Tank_Grrl said:

Tried my luck but couldn't find a CC. What does "Sync drop" mean?

It means, you time your entry into queue in-sync with someone else... Relaying on the count down, so both of you (or more) press the battle button and enter the queue at the same time so that MM can put you both (or more), in a match.

Thats mainly it and its against TOS/EULA.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
84
[WGPB]
Members
330 posts
4,183 battles
7 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

 

Thats mainly it and its against TOS/EULA.

 

no kidding?     it's a fav way of running plane battles       entire clans drop in at once to fight each other all the time

and how could they even tell?      hundreds of people click Battle at the same second all day long every day every night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[PN]
WoWS Community Contributors
287 posts
11,037 battles
11 hours ago, Tank_Grrl said:

Tried my luck but couldn't find a CC. What does "Sync drop" mean?

You will find CC's on throughout the day, just check the article about it.
Additionally, many of the streamers participating are doing countdowns on stream so that people have a chance to get into the game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[PN]
WoWS Community Contributors
287 posts
11,037 battles
12 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

It means, you time your entry into queue in-sync with someone else... Relaying on the count down, so both of you (or more) press the battle button and enter the queue at the same time so that MM can put you both (or more), in a match.

Thats mainly it and its against TOS/EULA.

 

It's not frowned upon if streamers are doing it for chat to drop with them. Also sync-dropping is not against TOS/EULA.
What can be against TOS/EULA is Stream Sniping (E.G. you can drop at the same time as me, but if we get into the same game, you are expected to mute and minimize the stream)

Edited by MiniHannibal65

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
715
[ANZ4C]
[ANZ4C]
Members
645 posts
10,685 battles
11 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

It means, you time your entry into queue in-sync with someone else... Relaying on the count down, so both of you (or more) press the battle button and enter the queue at the same time so that MM can put you both (or more), in a match.

Thats mainly it and its against TOS/EULA.

 

It's not against anything at all.

Or is this gonna be like the HE pen/dmg thing all over again?

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,911
[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
37 minutes ago, MiniHannibal65 said:

It's not frowned upon if streamers are doing it for chat to drop with them. Also sync-dropping is not against TOS/EULA.
What is against TOS/EULA is Stream Sniping (E.G. you can drop at the same time as me, but if we get into the same game, you are expected to mute and minimize the stream)

When it comes to events its is against the EULA/TOS,,, Its considered as cheating and/or giving preferential treatment instead of being ranom(its been that way since the first Corgi event).

WHen it comes to regular battles, it is when two DIV of the same clan ends up in the same match opposite each other... Again its considered cheating...

Mainly, it serves to preserve the integrity of the event... It protects you as a streamer, so that no accusations of rigged or bias form against you...


I'm just letting you know... You should double check with your event coordinator.. I'm just going off personal experience. 

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,911
[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
21 minutes ago, MiniHannibal65 said:

Just double checked with @Ahskance. It is not against TOS/EULA.

If ok with the current enforcement crew, then I make a personal note about it... Make sure its updated in their events Discord in the future...

Good for you to double check...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,350
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,913 posts
8,973 battles

Sync dropping is NOT against the TOS/EULA if I recall directly. If it works, you get a 50/50 chance of being on the same team. 

The issue is when you use it to do other things that violate the TOS, like throwing the game so that your friends can score the victories, chatting about the positions of the teams etc etc etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,449
[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,525 battles
12 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

It means, you time your entry into queue in-sync with someone else... Relaying on the count down, so both of you (or more) press the battle button and enter the queue at the same time so that MM can put you both (or more), in a match.

Thats mainly it and its against TOS/EULA.

Sync-Dropping with Permission is completely OK.

If MiniHannibal or other streamers invite people to drop with them, that is completely their choice.

---

Sync-Dropping to grief or harass players is NOT OK.  In general, doing something to make someone else's life worse is going to fall in the "Bad Stuff" side of the rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,911
[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
12 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

Sync-Dropping with Permission is completely OK.

If MiniHannibal or other streamers invite people to drop with them, that is completely their choice.

---

Sync-Dropping to grief or harass players is NOT OK.  In general, doing something to make someone else's life worse is going to fall in the "Bad Stuff" side of the rules.

The issue was not about permission or without permission or harassment or grief (good to know BTW)...

It was more in the topic of event integrity... More on the lines of making the event equal chance/opportunities for all. Instead of giving the impression of unfairness/bias or any other improprieties....While protecting the streamer of any such accusations.

If the event is not about the principles I've noted.. Then its perfectly fine to have choices...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,449
[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,525 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

The issue was not about permission or without permission or harassment or grief (good to know BTW)...

It was more in the topic of event integrity... More on the lines of making the event equal chance/opportunities for all. Instead of giving the impression of unfairness/bias or any other improprieties....While protecting the streamer of any such accusations.

If the event is not about the principles I've noted.. Then its perfectly fine to have choices...

The event is to encourage people to play Brawls and have a chance to win something extra if the encounter a member of WG NA staff, or a CC that has volunteered. 

It's understood and expected that CCs will take advantage of this event to stream and call attention to their participation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,138
[UBC]
Members
2,280 posts

Scratching my head on this... for the longest time I was under the belief that sync dropping was against the rules so were most of my clan. Now I am wondering where I learned it like that?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
196
[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
402 posts
21,747 battles
On 1/29/2022 at 7:08 PM, Chain_shot said:

Scratching my head on this... for the longest time I was under the belief that sync dropping was against the rules so were most of my clan. Now I am wondering where I learned it like that?

 

There is a difference between sync dropping and stream sniping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[Y0L0K]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
621 posts
12,447 battles
On 1/29/2022 at 8:08 PM, Chain_shot said:

Scratching my head on this... for the longest time I was under the belief that sync dropping was against the rules so were most of my clan. Now I am wondering where I learned it like that?

 

When matches or events are rigged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×