Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Stuck on islands

5 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
8,873 posts
27,073 battles

Twice today I have had an island jump out in front of me and ram me. They do this a lot. What made these two occurrences different was that slamming the throttle into reverse after impact didn't do anything. My ship sat motionless. Even after numerous attempts at full forward, then reverse. With the second episode about 5 tries in I noticed I would actually get a couple of kts forward speed before stopping again. Eventually I got some reverse speed and I started to back up and could get myself clear.

I have a lot of experience dealing with these sneaky islands and know I  can get perma-stuck if I sideswipe onto an island  they hit me from the side but both of these cases were standard bow-in groundings.

Anyone else experience this?

Edited by Sabot_100

[WPORT]
Members
20,733 posts
22,656 battles

It's rare for me to become perma-stuck on an island.

Pushing the envelope of maneuvering involves some risks.  Sometimes the risk yields a reward and sometimes one suffers a consequence.

[CO-OP]
Members
5,201 posts
43,308 battles

Perma stuck is rare for me, but the time trying to free myself often causes me to lose a lot of XP that I otherwise would have gotten.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
8,873 posts
27,073 battles
6 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Perma stuck is rare for me, but the time trying to free myself often causes me to lose a lot of XP that I otherwise would have gotten.

Time is relative. Being stuck for over a minute in a coop game is an eternity. Game is likely over by the time I get unstuck.

[CO-OP]
Members
5,201 posts
43,308 battles
1 minute ago, Sabot_100 said:

Time is relative. Being stuck for over a minute in a coop game is an eternity. Game is likely over by the time I get unstuck.

Exactly.  If you get stuck and it takes you more than 45 seconds to get free, you're likely to end up on the bottom of the XP chart.

Sign in to follow this