You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Lunar Lootboxes - good and fishy

17 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,986 posts
5,224 battles

So.  I looked at the Lunar New Year bundles - the ones starting at 1984987851_Doubloonsbug.png.c31faca0d6962ceb79a6479dde56b5ab.png88, and decided that they are a pretty good deal.  If you buy all 15 bundles you get, for about $24:

• 70 containers, including 20 each Signals, Credits, and Resources
  • 9 of the containers can drop a ship or permacamo
  • a fair amount of Coal
  • some Credits
  • some decent camos
  • some FXP

After opening all the containers in quick succession, the haul wasn't what I'd hoped (it never is), but it was still pretty decent, including:

• 25,000 Coal
  • 2 Port Slots !! (first I've seen in nearly 4 years of recording daily containers) from Signals
  • 2.4M Cr
  • 66,000 FXP
  • An SC (Credits) with 50 gamescon Black camos (+50% credits, +50% XP)
  • 3 Asian Lantern
  • Combat and econ signals out the yingyang
  • 33 Special signals
  • Lots of subscription collection items
  • Some definite weirdness

In addition to the Port slots dropping, I'll simply snapshot the Resources drops and let you try to figure it out.

Spoiler

image.png.9eda5761b4e1d40d734db430cf605914.png  (as usual, no Coal in Slot 3)

The Lunar NY crates did it too:

image.png.baaa1c7a800f71d4f6c615044badc54e.png

The Lunar Premiums are too pricey for my tastes, but the cheaper bundles might be worth considering.

Oh, and the Southern and Eastern Dragon ships are back.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

Members
1,147 posts
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

So.  I looked at the Lunar New Year bundles - the ones starting at 1984987851_Doubloonsbug.png.c31faca0d6962ceb79a6479dde56b5ab.png88, and decided that they are a pretty good deal.  If you buy all 15 bundles you get, for about $24:

• 70 containers, including 20 each Signals, Credits, and Resources
  • 9 of the containers can drop a ship or permacamo
  • a fair amount of Coal
  • some Credits
  • some decent camos
  • some FXP

After opening all the containers in quick succession, the haul wasn't what I'd hoped (it never is), but it was still pretty decent, including:

• 25,000 Coal
  • 2 Port Slots !! (first I've seen in nearly 4 years of recording daily containers) from Signals
  • 2.4M Cr
  • 66,000 FXP
  • An SC (Credits) with 50 gamescon Black camos (+50% credits, +50% XP)
  • 3 Asian Lantern
  • Combat and econ signals out the yingyang
  • 33 Special signals
  • Lots of subscription collection items
  • Some definite weirdness

In addition to the Port slots dropping, I'll simply snapshot the Resources drops and let you try to figure it out.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.9eda5761b4e1d40d734db430cf605914.png  (as usual, no Coal in Slot 3)

The Lunar NY crates did it too:

image.png.baaa1c7a800f71d4f6c615044badc54e.png

The Lunar Premiums are too pricey for my tastes, but the cheaper bundles might be worth considering.

Oh, and the Southern and Eastern Dragon ships are back.

I think one can make a decent argument for the first 7 bundles (8888 coal and some extras for 1116 doubloons, which is 8 coal per doubloon with a 10% clan bonus), but I find it difficult to see the value in the rest of the package. Though if the "More xxx" containers can drop a SC, perhaps the equation changes?

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,986 posts
5,224 battles

The Lunar Premiums otherwise cost 1984987851_Doubloonsbug.png.c31faca0d696 750 each, so that's a serious discount.  And the standard container bundles at about tree-fiddy each are much appreciated.  You should be able to get more Coal than I did, too.

"There's something wrong with our bloody Coal drops today, Ridley."

• Cool 1

Members
1,147 posts
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

The Lunar Premiums otherwise cost 1984987851_Doubloonsbug.png.c31faca0d696 750 each, so that's a serious discount.  And the standard container bundles at about tree-fiddy each are much appreciated.  You should be able to get more Coal than I did, too.

"There's something wrong with our bloody Coal drops today, Ridley."

"Should" has a strong connotation with "but maybe not". :Smile_trollface:

But in seriousness I am indeed discounting the premium containers, since AFAIK I already have all the ships that drop and I'm not interested in the Lunar New Year perma camos. And you only get 750 doubs in lieu of a ship drop.

I ran the numbers for coal based on the published drop rates ( https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/contents-and-drop-rates-of-containers/ ) and the expected amount of coal (before clan bonus) from 20 "More credits", 20 "More signals" and 20 "More Resources" containers is 14.4k coal (520 per resource container, 100 per credit or signal container), so with 10% clan bonus that's 15.84k coal. That's not much coal for 4.4k doubloons. Of course if you assign more value than I do to the rest of the stuff, you may come to a different conclusion.

BTW @iDuckman, you actually got above average coal as far as I can tell:14400 coal from the 60 "More xxx" crates + 8888 coal from bundle #7 is 23288 coal (again before clan bonus).

[WOLFG]
Members
1,250 posts
21,753 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I got them all except for the final one. Used the 1,000 doubloons from the first pic to buy the 20 more credits container. Still have to get the 20 resource container package, but ran out of enough doubloons. Will pick that up as soon as I get about another 300 doubloons. Got pretty lucky and got a perm camo for the Henry IV. Think it is the one that costs 8k doubloons.  BTW... there were 2 Twitch containers in first pic too. Explains the Community TOkens and the Twitch Camos.

shot-22_01.28_15_50.54-0312.thumb.jpg.d245a591ee4e5e1441bbe63b7773dcd6.jpgshot-22_01.28_15_52.20-0998.thumb.jpg.06ddf729fd73f96af8ed6e7c624c748f.jpg

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,986 posts
5,224 battles
1 hour ago, tangofan said:

that's 15.84k coal

To get the 25K figure I subtracted what I started with from what I ended with.  It was quick and mathless.  25K despite the Resources rate not being up to the statistical average. Maybe the other types took up the slack. It's happened before.  I've long been deficient in triple Coal drops, but maintained a solid average, the slack picked up by more than average double drops.

RNGeebus is a strange and fickle ghod, even when (if) sober.

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,389 posts
10,243 battles
42 minutes ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Wow, that is a SUPERB paint/camo!!!!! Service reduction, and a CR boost. Wow, great pull. How does the creature part of it look? The stats are incredible for a T6, or T4??

T4~  Would be great if it was a branch ship. IMO it could only be better with a broken-up buff for FXP & CXP. if not that then 100% to CXP, or FXP at worst. XP not as valuable IMHO.

Enjoy!

Edited by iamSamoth

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,986 posts
5,224 battles
18 minutes ago, iamSamoth said:

XP not as valuable IMHO.

XP directly translates to CXP (and FXP).  Add the XP and CXP bonuses to compare.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,986 posts
5,224 battles
4 minutes ago, tangofan said:

Someone posted it yesterday on the forums, there's also a link on the purchase page of the premium Lunar NY containers ( https://armory.worldofwarships.com/en/category/event_2/5000001479 ).

I combed the News articles for it.  It's the only place I've seen the official stats for daily containers.  Updating the wiki now.

• Cool 1

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,389 posts
10,243 battles
On 1/28/2022 at 6:21 PM, iDuckman said:

XP directly translates to CXP (and FXP).  Add the XP and CXP bonuses to compare.

not interested. but thnx for the advice. CXP(FXP)>XP

lol this place, someone is upset I prefer CXP. bizarre.

Edited by iamSamoth
  • Meh 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,986 posts
5,224 battles
2 hours ago, iamSamoth said:

not interested. but thnx for the advice. CXP(FXP)>XP

But it's not.  Simplified,

CXP = BXP * (1 + XP bonus + CXP bonus)

For a a camo with 50% XP and 100% CXP bonuses, CXP = BXP * (2.5)
For a a camo with 100% XP and 50% CXP bonuses, CXP = BXP * (2.5)

Exactly the same.

All else being equal, prefer XP bonuses because of the effect on FXP,

It's more involved than that because other XP modifiers carry down into CXP, but for evaluating camo, this is all you need.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economics

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 1

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,389 posts
10,243 battles
10 hours ago, iDuckman said:

But it's not.  Simplified,

CXP = BXP * (1 + XP bonus + CXP bonus)

For a a camo with 50% XP and 100% CXP bonuses, CXP = BXP * (2.5)
For a a camo with 100% XP and 50% CXP bonuses, CXP = BXP * (2.5)

Exactly the same.

All else being equal, prefer XP bonuses because of the effect on FXP,

It's more involved than that because other XP modifiers carry down into CXP, but for evaluating camo, this is all you need.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economics

still has nothing to do with my preference, which is too NOT gain XP, esp with compounding percentage bonuses. It's the entire point. CMP(x10!better)>FXP>XP period. if FXP is worthless then XP is coppers.

As it has been stated before repeatedly, I prefer no XP modifier, If i must take FXP so be it, but it's mainly worthless, and XP is more trap time for me in WG piggy bank. The only stat I care about seeing is CXP, other that Service reduction, and CR boost. Those 3 are the only 'valuable' ones IMHO.

Edited by iamSamoth

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,986 posts
5,224 battles
13 minutes ago, iamSamoth said:

my preference, which is too NOT gain XP,

Why?  You resist Elite XP?  I can kind understand that.

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,389 posts
10,243 battles

not explaining yet again.only thing I am 'against' is giving WG extra money for a non-existent 'game'.