You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tangofan

[Rant] The Lunar New Year mission feels like an insult or a troll

37 comments in this topic

Members
1,147 posts

I usually don't go on a rant about WG, but the Lunar New Year mission (not the opt-in one, but the one that shows in the common section) feels like a troll or an insult.

image.thumb.png.d863ffa2d3cb6124b51b8c324d17eb24.png

18 achievements for 2 (non-premium) Lunar New Year containers and a flag? At least we can do the achievements in co-op... (except for the minor detail that you can't get achievements in co-op)  :Smile_facepalm:

I suppose that one should never assume malice where ineptitude suffices, but WG is making it difficult here. :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by tangofan
  • Cool 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 1

[P0TS]
Members
120 posts
3,883 battles

I mean then just play randoms or any other of the available game modes? If you don't want to, then don't complain about not being able to get the rewards. No one is forcing you to get these rewards and it can't hurt to play another game mode...

Also achievements are super easy in operations, might as well do those.

Edited by t0uk14
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 11

[WOLF1]
Members
3,298 posts

yeah, i don't know why wg want us to play more games to get something, i mean their server will waste more electricity right? lol

to make more money they want to lure more casual players in by having less grind, not make us grind more, lol

• Meh 2

[WOLFD]
Members
4,011 posts
6,423 battles

You may want to edit the thread title to remove the middle finger reference. That's coming from personal experience.

Edited by Harathan
  • Cool 1

[HWIN]
Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
200 posts
9,724 battles
24 minutes ago, tangofan said:

I suppose that one should never assume malice where ineptitude suffices, but WG is making it difficult here.

Considering you can practically farm achievements in Operations, I would hazard to say neither is at play here. Don't complain for the sake of complaining because "weegee bad".

• Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Members
1,147 posts
35 minutes ago, t0uk14 said:

I mean then just play randoms or any other of the available game modes? If you don't want to, then don't complain about not being able to get the rewards. No one is forcing you to get these rewards and it can't hurt to play another game mode...

I have no problems with not getting the rewards, because they aren't particularly good (to phrase it mildly), but I am noting the severe disconnect between the effort involved and the quality of the rewards.

As an example the  "Best Battle" missions were significantly less arduous, but the reward (a super container) was significantly better. And the fact that they add co-op as a mode (even though it doesn't work at all for the rest of the requirement) tells me that someone clearly wasn't spending too much brainpower on this.

Edited by tangofan
  • Cool 1

Members
1,147 posts
31 minutes ago, Harathan said:

You may want to edit the thread title to remove the middle finger reference. That's coming from personal experience.

One of the mods beat me to it. I then changed the text of my original post as well.

Edited by tangofan

[NKOTD]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Supertester, Privateers
1,972 posts
19,588 battles
1 minute ago, tangofan said:

One of the mods beat me to it. Changed the text of my original post as well.

Actually only did the title, as a favor. I'm not into grinding 6+ hours for a flag either. You have my empathy there.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Boring 1

Members
1,147 posts
2 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

Actually only did the title, as a favor. I'm not into grinding 6+ hours for a flag either. You have my empathy there.

I appreciate the favor, man. I meant to say that "I changed the text of my original post as well" and fixed that post. Usually I'm not one to go out on a rant, but perhaps too much coffee... (More beer is obviously needed. :Smile_trollface:).

Edited by tangofan
  • Cool 1

[P0TS]
Members
120 posts
3,883 battles
11 minutes ago, tangofan said:

I have no problems with not getting the rewards, because they aren't particularly good (to phrase it mildly), but I am noting the severe disconnect between the effort involved and the quality of the rewards.

Like I said, its piss easy to get achievements in operations, so just do a few of those. There is not a lot of effort or time needed...

• Cool 1
  • Meh 3

[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,820 battles

Operations are included in this mission.  If you are into ops.....

[TDG]
[TDG]
Members
155 posts
16,363 battles

The point is not that you can complete the 4th mission of the chain in other game modes.  The point is that WG'ing stated the mission chain can be completed in coop both on the website information and in the actual mission chain itself which it cannot.  Simple mistake I guess which can happen from time to time.  Seems to me what WG should do is just remove the 4th mission call the mission chain complete after the 3rd mission.  Maybe  @Boggzy   can chime in?

Edited by KampKeema85_2D

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

OP is actually right.

I dont own 18 total achievements in Random or any other mode going back 7 years. I sure aint playing to get 18 of them now.

I also noticed the glaring coop symbol that is the monument to the inepitude of WG building the parameters. There are no achievements in Coop. They could damn well sweeten Coop with achievements and have done with it.

So for me this event is finished.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[PLONK]
[PLONK]
Members
84 posts
7,703 battles

I am sure this will be remedied on Monday when @Ahskance and @Boggzy are back in the office.    the  announcement saying it can be completed in coop and an  awards mission  for 18 awards in coop, is an obvious  going into the weekend Friday oopsie

• Funny 1

[_BDA_]
Members
906 posts
14,559 battles
On 1/28/2022 at 4:00 PM, t0uk14 said:

Like I said, its piss easy to get achievements in operations, so just do a few of those. There is not a lot of effort or time needed...

Except that Operations don't run 24/7 so not everyone can play them.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles
1 hour ago, michael_zahnle said:

Are you sure about that?

On 1/28/2022 at 8:56 PM, Navalpride33 said:

This years lunar event did fall flat...

Yep. No Bajie, no Wujing, no Sanzang... you can argue as to whether the unavailability of the Wukong is a good or bad thing, but to me it always seemed like a nerfed version of a ship I had a lot of trouble with. 

[CO-OP]
Members
5,197 posts
43,292 battles
1 hour ago, michael_zahnle said:

They run as long as the server is up.  If you're referring to a specific operation, you will need a division if it isn't the operation of the week.

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator
1,493 posts
15,636 battles
4 hours ago, MojoMango said:

I am sure this will be remedied on Monday when @Ahskance and @Boggzy are back in the office.    the  announcement saying it can be completed in coop and an  awards mission  for 18 awards in coop, is an obvious  going into the weekend Friday oopsie

Hiya -

Yes we are aware of this issue.  We're discussing it internally about how to handle these sorts of things going forward.  Thanks for bringing it up!

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[_BDA_]
Members
906 posts
14,559 battles
24 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

They run as long as the server is up.  If you're referring to a specific operation, you will need a division if it isn't the operation of the week.

I may be mistaken.  You still need a full team, though, don't you?

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
1 minute ago, michael_zahnle said:

For Scenario of the Week you'll get an auto-fill full team depending on player activity. For division play on another scenario, you can attempt with any division size. Four is usually the minimum to do everything if you know what you're doing in Narai, KW, or Aegis. Five is safer and six is fine even if some people are clueless.

[CO-OP]
Members
5,197 posts
43,292 battles
5 minutes ago, michael_zahnle said:

I believe the minimum is 4 players to get into an off-week scenario.

wiki:

Scenarios - Global wiki. Wargaming.net

Forming a Team

Scenarios let players create Extended Divisions, a Division containing four to seven players exclusive to Scenario mode.

Captains can also jump into the "Operation of the Week" solo and be automatically placed in a Division. When forming an Extended Division for the Operation of the Week, the game will help fill out a Division that queues with less than seven players. Players can disable this function by clicking the lock icon on their Extended Division. This drop-in/auto-complete feature is only available for the Operation of the Week.

Edited by HamptonRoads

Members
6,889 posts
14,871 battles

It is neither actually - your choice to do them or not.  If not enough of a reward then ignore it. 

• Boring 2

Members
1,147 posts
3 hours ago, Boggzy said:

Hiya -

Yes we are aware of this issue.  We're discussing it internally about how to handle these sorts of things going forward.  Thanks for bringing it up!

I appreciate your willingness to look into possible changes for the future and your professional response. Thank you, sir.  :Smile_honoring: