You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

Asymmetric Battles

44 comments in this topic

[RSF]
Members
171 posts
13,283 battles

Besides amount of ship this isnt much different than randoms right now

• Haha 2

[GIR]
Members
135 posts
16,764 battles

Why are the special game modes locked behind time of day, if you put them in just make them available 24/7 during the patch. Not everyone works the same 9-5 schedule these events seem to fall into... 

• Cool 7

[WOLF4]
Members
388 posts
14,238 battles

I honestly don't see the point of asymmetric battles. It's just random battles with a +/- 1 tier instead of 2. whoope-doo.

• Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,060 battles
2 hours ago, ZaCLoNe said:

I honestly don't see the point of asymmetric battles. It's just random battles with a +/- 1 tier instead of 2. whoope-doo.

Actually T7 ships can see T10 ships so it's got a +/-3 tier spread.

• Cool 1

[SOMLI]
Members
488 posts
27,365 battles

Just played it, I thought it PVP, it seems to be PVE. Used Kutuzov, 3 kills wore the bots out, was not fun to me. I agree with Liz, it's pretty lame, eventhough i accidently flagged it and made 780k. lol.

Update: During the later hours, (after 4pm) it seems that the queue does filter human players on both teams, at least for a couple of hours. But if you play a t9 or t10, after 11pm, stand by to get obliterated because you will be the only human on the tier 10 team. At that point, just play tier 7 or 8.  But, the human red and green teams were good brawls, so I do like the mode.

Edited by thundercat_warrior

[AVW]
Members
163 posts
33,350 battles

Time gated and all about base exp. My care meter went from 5 to 0 on a 10 point scale.

• Cool 2

Members
492 posts
14,704 battles
29 minutes ago, thundercat_warrior said:

Just played it, I thought it PVP, it seems to be PVE. Used Kutuzov, 3 kills wore the bots out, was not fun to me. I agree with Liz, it's pretty lame, eventhough i accidently flagged it and made 780k. lol.

I agree. I had a battle with 5 bots on the T 10 team. I sunk the bot CV which the only thing, it did, was move backwards.

[WHARF]
Members
44 posts
48,851 battles

Tokens to buy into playing Asymetric... REALLY?  How about you put that kind of restriction for Ranked this way less suitable players won't be disrupting others advancement with a once in a blue moon game. And they will set boundries in Ranked because they know it's for a purpose unlike some streamer trying to fill time slot with His cat running across keyboard every 2 minutes.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[CSW]
Members
53 posts

That 'team complemented by bots' thing really, really sucks!

That is especially true if you are the only live person on the tier IX/X side of things and the other is full-up with live people. 

• Cool 1

[-OPS-]
Members
92 posts

Why is the mode time gated. These time gated modes are slowly becoming more and more I cant play this event until 3.30am in the morning and it closes again in the late afternoon before prime time starts as I work like most people.
Is this is a deliberate tactic to exclude us Aussies.

I play NA server so I can interact to like minded people in English like lots of Aussies but these time gated modes that are creeping into the game exclude me from these events.
I just don't understand why when I'm prepared to wait longer in a queue and that's not an issue for me. Most battles in my prime time have mostly real people in each battle anyway.  Or is is a penny pinching exercise by war gaming by closing down servers.

Edited by bwana_2019
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[HI-CS]
Members
178 posts
20,680 battles

Three major things wrong with it

1. The Tier 9/10s are a bunch of bots and one human (except saw 3 humans once and NONE once), and they are outnumbered.  The human generally gets slaughtered and the bots play just like in Coop.

2. Someone said the wait in the queue is insane, which, if true, seems to say that my first point is deliberate (??!!!)

3. Awards are geared toward being able to play Tier 9/10 (like who would WANT to under the conditions in my above two points), and awards in the armory that some might be interested in or already have.  Also, Asymmetric battles don't help you progress in the dockyard or a couple of the other combat missions; so again, why would you play it??

WoWs needs to let players in 9/10s so as not to overwhelm them with bots so they can win, significantly shorten Tier 9 & 10 queue times, and allow Asymmetric battles to progress all combat missions.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles
19 hours ago, USS_Vancouver said:

I had a battle with 5 bots on the T 10 team.

Hmmm...

* Looks at Zieten and Hsienyang needing to be ground.*

HMMMM... :cap_look:

Say, this doesn't affect randoms winrate, does it?

* Looks at Drake and Ostergotland*

DOES IT? :Smile_trollface:

(What's the credit and base XP pull like on a T9 or T10 loss when you go down swinging, and how long does it take? Asking for a friend.)

• Sad 1

Members
869 posts
9,489 battles

Yet another time locked event screwing over anyone who works in the evenings or nights in the US for the most part.  There is zero reason for this to be time gated, you have bots in it. So server population should not matter. Just like Brawls should not be time gated.  I can guarantee you, there is at least 6 people at any given time, that would play the Brawl mode lol.

Stop with the stupid time gates.

Edited by Valas1
  • Cool 1

[CANO]
Members
3 posts
1,606 battles

There is zero balance in these.

9 asymmetric battles in the 1 ship I have that qualifies, tier 7 Yukon.

1 battle with all humans in the tier x side

2 battles with 1 human on the tier x side

6 battles vs all bots.

zero losses

Right now I would say just do not play a tier 9 or tier x ship at all in them, there isn't much enjoyment in roflstomp battles but being on the winning side is a better feeling than the losing side.

I dropped compliments on the solo tier x player who actually made it a more interesting battle. He openly admitted to knowing he was going to lose from the start and still made the effort to make us work to win.

[1KR]
Members
60 posts
20,609 battles

ok, this is not even an asymmetric battle, its random with a tiny team, I just played with 10s vs 8s, exactly like random.  but since 8s out number i can see they outcome instantly.  it should be full rosters of 7,6s vs 9,10

[CANO]
Members
3 posts
1,606 battles

wade_gaskins

it's random, I have had all players both teams, bots and players mix on both teams.

Laurpal,

I'm getting mixed levels on both teams, usually the high tier is all or mostly bots though.

Members
492 posts
14,704 battles

It is not worth it, collecting tokens, to play on the T10 team. Only to end up on a team with bots and why a CV bot?