You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

PSA: Opt In Mission

10 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,250 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/lunar-new-year/

Use the link above or go to Port>>>News>>>Lunar New Year Article

Scroll down to find the opt in button (unlock) to get the mission.

One of those repeatable missions for 100K credits and a flag (and maybe a bigger reward when you repeated it as much as you can).

EDIT - apparently this opt in mission is under News From The Front in your Mission section. I mistook it for one we all get in the Common section and talked about incorrect requirements. I have edited this post. My apologies.

GLHF :Smile_honoring:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 12

[WOLF1]
Members
355 posts
73,682 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Note - this is one of those missions that claims to be Co-op doable but in fact isn't so be aware of that before starting if you only play Co-op. Stage 4 is earn 18 Achievements. Unless there is some temporary Achievement currently in Co-op I am not aware of this task can not be done there despite it being listed. We seem to have regressed back to this situation for mission requirements and Co-op, sadly, after it seemed to have been fixed/stopped.

I spotted this also. Not really a big deal, but it's worth noting that WG is up to their old tricks again. 

• Thanks 1

[SRBL]
Members
716 posts
20,949 battles
16 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Note - this is one of those missions that claims to be Co-op doable but in fact isn't so be aware of that before starting if you only play Co-op. Stage 4 is earn 18 Achievements. Unless there is some temporary Achievement currently in Co-op I am not aware of this task can not be done there despite it being listed. We seem to have regressed back to this situation for mission requirements and Co-op, sadly, after it seemed to have been fixed/stopped.

Do the Operations achievements count since Ops are part of the included battles? If so it should be fairly easy to complete. 

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,549 posts
20,964 battles
17 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/lunar-new-year/

Use the link above or go to Port>>>News>>>Lunar New Year Article

Scroll down to find the opt in button (unlock) to get the mission.

4 part mission that will in total award 2X camo, 3X LNY crates, and a commemorative flag (year of tiger).

Just to point out the 18 achievements mission has nothing to do with the "News from the Front" opt-in mission chain.

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,250 battles
23 minutes ago, oldblackdog said:

I spotted this also. Not really a big deal, but it's worth noting that WG is up to their old tricks again. 

13 minutes ago, Tom_Greg said:

Do the Operations achievements count since Ops are part of the included battles? If so it should be fairly easy to complete. 

11 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Just to point out the 18 achievements mission has nothing to do with the "News from the Front" opt-in mission chain.

I made an error and looked at the wrong mission in Port. The opt in one from the link I gave is under the News From The Front section in Port>Combat Missions. I missed it. The one I talked about for the camos, LNY crates, and the flag that has Achievements as a task while showing Co-op as an acceptable mode is under the Common section in Port>Combat Missions. I edited OP.

Doesn't make it right or good that WG has done this yet again with a mission but I did have the wrong requirements for the mission you unlock in the link. I apologize for the error. Was trying to get the info posted while doing 10 other things. :fish_palm:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[SRBL]
Members
716 posts
20,949 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I made an error and looked at the wrong mission in Port.

No worries, AT, just post some codes and everyone will forgive you. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Tom_Greg
  • Haha 2

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,250 battles
6 minutes ago, Tom_Greg said:

No worries, AT, just post some codes and everyone will forgive you. :Smile_teethhappy:

:Smile_trollface:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
675 posts
20,026 battles
57 minutes ago, Tom_Greg said:

code, like this?

112 108 101 97 115 101 32 102 111 114 103 105 118 101 32 65 100 109 105 114 97 108 84 104 117 110 100 101 114

[CO-OP]
Members
5,196 posts
43,257 battles
2 hours ago, Tom_Greg said:

Haven't logged in yet, but scenarios should count.  It is still going to be a rather time consuming grind.  The past Lunar New Year missions were much less tedious.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
1,498 posts
8,467 battles
4 hours ago, Tom_Greg said:

This SHOULD be the case. In the past WG has asked for Heroic Achievements but here they only call out Achievements. There are 3 Heroic in Ops and you have to have a stellar game to get them (Major Contribution, Assistant and Tactical Expertise). There are 7 Honorary Achievements (like Sea Star). One (Shark among Shrimps) I have only seen it awarded in Narai but should be available in Killer Whale too? Another only in Killer Whale is Save Commander Jenkins.

Edited by SkullCowboy_60