You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Division Limits

15 comments in this topic

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
36,996 battles

Random are bad enough now with, the number of Division in game are seemly increasing, most like due to the horrific match making. The effect though is only increasing the amount of game that are complete mismatches. There really needs to be some limits on how many divisions on a team or possible the total number of ships that can be on a team in a division. I would submit no more that 2 division with no more than 5 ships total. 

I also would put forth divisions should be limited to only one of any class

• Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
7 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Random are bad enough now with, the number of Division in game are seemly increasing, most like due to the horrific match making. The effect though is only increasing the amount of game that are complete mismatches. There really needs to be some limits on how many divisions on a team or possible the total number of ships that can be on a team in a division. I would submit no more that 2 division with no more than 5 ships total. 

Are DIV causing mismatches or MM causing MM? So far from what I've noticed... People are not showing up to play in a match...

When people dont show up to play

• Your past stats dont matter
  • DIV dont matter
  • OP/Over capable use of ships dont matter...

In other words, no matter what MM or DIV limit is used.. If players dont show up in a match, its a done deal.

• Boring 1

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
36,996 battles

Yes is the answer to your question.

The MM is bad, so now diving up is the way to go. Granted this is a self-licking ice-cream cone is some respects. 

Div's don't have limits, they should. One of any class not more that 5 total on side would be good IMO. Half of any side in a random game should not be in divisions. 

There were 7 ships in division on one side in my last game, five ship on the other. That too many, there was really no need before to really limit these. But with how the "random" match making ends up putting stacked teams together over and over then diving up is the way to make the game somewhat enjoyable. 

• Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,407 posts
15,676 battles

I wish they would but It's tough out there and divisions dont help but there fun and increase your chances of winning . So dont expect any changes there a lot of people who only play random if there in a division you can't blame them .  But it kind of sucks especially if your a solo player on the wrong end of things which is happing more and more . 

Edited by clammboy

Members
6,889 posts
14,871 battles

Divisions have not increased that much but they do seem to go in waves,.  Probably has to do with clan recruitment and trying to get clan members WR up.  Been playing for year and years and divs in game play - no more than usual.  The only issue with divs is when folks don't understand it and pull in a tier that is uptired by 3 tiers (a fail div).

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
36,996 battles

I do wish they would limit stacking of the same ships in a div, one of any class would be a good move IMO

Members
808 posts

It's taken this long for most players to realize that MM is fishy at best and is continuously getting worse. The only way to get around it is to div up. 

I don't think division limitations is needed as long as it's balanced and one team doesn't have 3 divs while the other only has one

[PHLNX]
Members
556 posts
14,636 battles

Divisions are up because we get stars in our clans worth credits , FXP, etc for winning battles in division with our clannies. It helps get clannies to break out of the rut of playing with the same few players all the time (or just running solo). I love it when division star weeks roll around. 

• Cool 1

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,796 posts
20,735 battles
51 minutes ago, wyoedbrown said:

Divisions are up because we get stars in our clans worth credits , FXP, etc for winning battles in division with our clannies. It helps get clannies to break out of the rut of playing with the same few players all the time (or just running solo). I love it when division star weeks roll around. 

^^

This.

You are seeing more Divs because there are now rewards/achievements for being in a Division. We didn't have that before.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles
1 hour ago, wyoedbrown said:

This.

WG has recently been promoting Division play within clans.

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
36,996 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

This.

WG has recently been promoting Division play within clans.

All the more reason to balance out those divs , 2 Hurricane vs on storm is a quick game 

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles
28 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

All the more reason to balance out those divs , 2 Hurricane vs on storm is a quick game 

Are you talking about competitive modes?  Divisions are already controlled there.

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
36,996 battles

then they need to relook at lot at it because it isn't working well 

Doesn't really matter though WG MMing is a joke three times tonight, been in game where the winning team didn't even; lose a ship

Edited by vikingno2

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
36,996 battles

But it's getting better we killed one this time, again so lop sided I am surprised we killed one

Edited by vikingno2

[HKC]
Members
995 posts
25,849 battles
10 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

So you went from a game were mismatches are the norm, to a game where mismatches are the norm.

I have to say I haven't noticed a problem with increased divisions.If anything they make the match more interesting. Sure, once in a while one side had a div and the other doesn't.  Happily being in a division doesn't magically make the players in that division better. Divs can be as much a liability as a help.  It is ... well, random.