You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bear_82

so, just which achievements can be obtained in co-op?

35 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
17,103 posts
20,447 battles

They seem to have a need to screw this up every patch.

I think Five O'clock Charlie builds the screens for WG.

• Haha 1

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,250 battles

Sadly this seems to be a situation that is coming back with frequency after it appeared to have been addressed and corrected. I actually had some false hope this would stop but alas nope. :fish_palm:

Honestly, I am at the point I no longer care. Doesn't do any good to complain or get upset because it will never change. Guys like @Ahskance and @Boggzy seem to care about PVE mains but the people at WG making these decisions don't.

At best all we will hear is we will do better next time (my all time favorite) or be told how the rewards don't justify it being Co-op doable (so why bother even add it as a qualifying mode or is THAT the error and not the task?) or some such insulting and laughable reason.

And FWIW 18 Achievements is ridiculous as a requirement even for modes where they exist. For what you get that is a herculean requirement. No thanks.

I really wish WG would allow us to opt out of missions like this in Port. So if we look at it and decide nope not interested we can remove it from the list and only have things we do want to do showing.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 6
  • Thanks 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,969 posts
39,880 battles
3 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I think Five O'clock Charlie builds the screens for WG.

Nah! Washing Machine Charlie, half asleep at the stick and dropping bombs everywhere in the dark at midnight!

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,585 posts
16,516 battles
3 hours ago, Bear_82 said:

n4UYA2I.jpg

25 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Sadly this seems to be a situation that is coming back with frequency after it appeared to have been addressed and corrected. I actually had some false hope this would stop but alas nope. :fish_palm:

Honestly, I am at the point I no longer care. Doesn't do any good to complain or get upset because it will never change. Guys like @Ahskance and @Boggzy seem to care about PVE mains but the people at WG making these decisions don't.

At best all we will hear is we will do better next time (my all time favorite) or be told how the rewards don't justify it being Co-op doable (so why bother even add it as a qualifying mode or is THAT the error and not the task?) or some such insulting and laughable reason.

And FWIW 18 Achievements is ridiculous as a requirement even for modes where they exist. For what you get that is a herculean requirement. No thanks.

I really wish WG would allow us to opt out of missions like this in Port. So if we look at it and decide nope not interested we can remove it from the list and only have things we do want to do showing.

I'll look into this.  Poke me for an update... eventually?  Um, Monday?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
1,877 posts
51,767 battles
51 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I just get what I can for free and move on.

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,924 posts
23,627 battles

While you cannot earn any achievements in Co-Op, you can earn achievements in Scenario's.  I'm for one am glad they included Scenario's in the "requirement" tab.

That being said, it would be neat if they did add achievements in Co-Op.  Since achievements no longer give out any rewards, there should not be any issue adding some now.  I believe the "common" complaint was it would be easy to earn them there, thus "farming" the reward.  All they would have to have done was make Co-Op specific achievements and adjusted the reward for them accordingly.

However, there is one achievement that should ALWAYS give a reward, Detonation.  Even in the past this "achievement" should have given the reward of getting 10 anti-det flags regardless of which mode it happened in, but now it should still give that "reward" for happening.  On top of that, it should always give the reward with no "cool down", as it did in the past (it should not have been on a "cool down" then either).

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
7 minutes ago, Volron said:

That being said, it would be neat if they did add achievements in Co-Op.

I agree.  Like you said the rewards were removed so there is no reason no to.  I'd fine if there were only a few achievements specific to co-op.

• Cool 2

[CUDA]
Members
1,446 posts
13,911 battles

I think they could add all the current achievements in as silver achievements for coop, then gold for random.

• Cool 1

[_EASY]
Members
311 posts
22,069 battles

Same here. Just going for the free stuff....

Edited by MWSVette1

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,250 battles
3 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

I agree.  Like you said the rewards were removed so there is no reason no to.  I'd fine if there were only a few achievements specific to co-op.

A few years ago (in 2018 as I recall) on Reddit Sub_Octavian did Q&A's. I specifically asked him about Co-op achievements and he said they were in the works but wouldn't be done that year as there wasn't time. 3 years +/- later still not in game. I mean I don't consider him credible in any way these days but he said it and at the time it made me hopeful. Now I don't think they will ever do them even though there isn't 1 valid reason not to. People can't even use "rewards" as an excuse now as even the PVP ones no longer do that.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,105 posts
30,874 battles

This is nothing new.  WG has always screwed the pooch on this kind of thing.  Every event that rolls around, I usually can count on WG messing it up.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,619 battles
49 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

A few years ago (in 2018 as I recall) on Reddit Sub_Octavian did Q&A's. I specifically asked him about Co-op achievements and he said they were in the works but wouldn't be done that year as there wasn't time. 3 years +/- later still not in game. I mean I don't consider him credible in any way these days but he said it and at the time it made me hopeful. Now I don't think they will ever do them even though there isn't 1 valid reason not to. People can't even use "rewards" as an excuse now as even the PVP ones no longer do that.

The silly thing to me is that it just doesn't seem to me like adding at least some achievements to coop should be all that difficult to do.  The hardest thing to me would seem to me deciding which random achievements are worth inclusions, and which ones would be too difficult or easy, given the nature of coop

[2020]
Members
190 posts
17,331 battles

Like someone said, I just get what I can for free and move on. But including coop as a mode for a task that you simply cannot do in coop is just insulting.

• Thanks 1

[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
402 posts
21,747 battles
10 hours ago, kyesac said:

This task is doable in operations ....

Operations isn't Co-op........

[-H-]
[-H-]
Beta Testers
452 posts
16,247 battles
12 hours ago, kyesac said:

This task is doable in operations ....

In theory, yes ... but in practice it's uncommon to get more than 1 achievement (Sea Star being the most common) in a scenario and even then you have to survive the battle to get it.

[HOP4S]
Members
6,983 posts
35,369 battles
18 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Actually, there is..........to driver players into Random battles.    Hmmmmm  :cap_hmm:   I wonder, did it work? 

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,105 posts
30,874 battles
On 1/28/2022 at 2:15 PM, cecill611 said:

622998104_Screenshot(309).png.f238d8db89d9ab2a1f762a4e1663978f.png1542507202_Screenshot(310).png.ecda34f9dc599d4f0fad36e223329202.png

All WG has to do is bring them back.

WG could do PVE achievements if they wanted, just like they did for the Alexander Ovechkin "Great 8" event + collection.  I say it should be different than PVP achievements because the numbers game between Co-Op and PVP are wildly different.  Now that Signal Flag awards are not tied to achievements, I see less of an obstacle.

WG has also had a small variety of Operations achievements that could be expanded also.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,907 posts
8,973 battles
On 1/28/2022 at 11:02 PM, Bear_82 said:

so, just which achievements can be obtained in co-op?

Hopefully none. 

Smacking bots isn't a challenge, so why should achievements be earned for it?

If they need to bring achievements into co-op, they should be lesser. Smacking 5 players in PVP gets you a "Kraken". Smacking 5 bots... maybe earns a "Limp Squid".

• Boring 4
  • Meh 2

[WFR]
Members
622 posts
5 hours ago, HyperFish said:

Hopefully none. 

Smacking bots isn't a challenge, so why should achievements be earned for it?

If they need to bring achievements into co-op, they should be lesser. Smacking 5 players in PVP gets you a "Kraken". Smacking 5 bots... maybe earns a "Limp Squid".

Nobody is particularly upset about Coop being rewarded less than Randoms. However, if they're going to tie common-reward missions to Achievements and allow the Coop game mode to be used for every other mission in the chain, they should be available. Otherwise WG needs to adjust their mission design. The whole "you can do this whole mission chain coop, except one bit because we clearly didn't think about something when designing this" is just...a bad look that leaves people irritated. WG needs to pick one.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2