You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

If you feed them, they will come

6 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

In this town, if you want pet cat all you have to do is to leave your garage door open and you will have a pet cat, or maybe an apparition.

image.thumb.png.ec7914be2fc97c4499e4f50c2722f007.png

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles
4 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Awe cute. You caught @Lert.

Nah that's my hippie cousin Bert.

• Haha 2

Members
1,244 posts
6,750 battles

In the town closest to me they leave any thing out either a bear or coyote will come eat it

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,969 posts
5,224 battles

I feed the apartment cats - and at least one raccoon.  Oliver was one; he's mostly moved in with me.  (Named for Oliver Twist for his innocent begging face.)  Minnie still likes to harass him.  Since it's gotten cold the nameless little tuxie girl (a sweetheart) has decided that a warm apartment is a good place to stay for a while.  When it warms up, I think I better start feeding her outside, though.  Many other cats that used to come regularly don't.  I'm hoping it's because they've found better eats.

I had a cat door in Atlanta and used to get a bunch of visitors.  A terrified dog, foreign cats (some apparently regulars), and on at least one occasion a family of coons.  There was nothing to attract them near the cat door -- the kibble bin was in the kitchen upstairs on the other side of the house.  The coons had a banquet -- there was a bowl of pears on the table.  I believe that was the only time they came, though; they mess up the water bowl when they graze so would have left evidence.  (There were pear shards all over the back half of the kitchen.)

The resident herd didn't seem to mind anyone sharing the bounty.

Edited by iDuckman

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
15 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

sharing the bounty

When I was teaching out West, I lived in a city but right behind my apartment building was a creek that had a 40-mile hiking and biking trail along it. There were all sorts of critters that would come up from the creek to visit the apartments. One winter we got a heavy snowfall and you could tell which apartments were in the habit of feeding outdoor cats by all the racoon, possum, and fox tracks going to their back doors.