Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
shivanbill

Why is it so costly to play co play ?

13 comments in this topic

Members
35 posts
7,920 battles

Why is it so costly to play co play after tier 7 ?  If you look at the report you feel like you were robbed for the service cost to play a tier 8 or higher ship in co play . 

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
12,064 posts
21,308 battles

WG doesn't exactly promote Co op play and tend towards discouraging it, however it is not so costly, you just earn a lot less. If you want to make more money in PVE play, you have to do Operations. I don't often lose credits in Co op battles at any tier, even with a poor scoring game. I do have premium time though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Thanks 1

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
974 posts
16,102 battles
11 minutes ago, shivanbill said:

Why is it so costly to play co play after tier 7 ?  If you look at the report you feel like you were robbed for the service cost to play a tier 8 or higher ship in co play . 

The service cost is more the higher the tiers for all game modes.  You lose money in tier 10 randoms unless you are running flags and/or premium time.  WG did that intentionally so people would have to go back to lower tiers to make credits.

• Thanks 1

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles

Premium time, good camo, signals, and don’t suck.

Played T10s in Co-op all through 2020 spamming games for UUs before those went away.

Ended the year with more credits than I started.

• Thanks 2

Members
35 posts
7,920 battles

That seems wacked that I'm forced to play low tier to pay for the right to play high tier  , I would have thought that was done when I leveled though the damn tier in the first place . It cost so much to buy ships and upgrade them now I have to farm credits so I can just play . 

• Boring 2

[UNCLN]
Members
424 posts
19,347 battles

WG wants you to play the "Main Mode" so the service cost is high in coop. If you want to break even in high tier you have to do well. 

BTW: Premium ship has reduced service cost so it is more likely to break even (maybe some income if you do well).

• Thanks 1

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

Thats why you have a few hundred millions of credits on hand always. So the costs of coop is not a problem.

Played with certain ships like DD's in certain behavior Coop is profitable even in T10.

Also certain other behaviors such as selling the current Armory Tokens earned in game for credits helps defray T10 costs. Some battles in T10 I break even or even lose enough credits to notice on a really bad outcome. In the end that was remedied by buying Ram flags and generating Damage by hitting bots. Damage = Credit income. 100,000 Damage makes about 150K credits or more. However at 180K damage or more your credit income falls to less than 1 to 1. You would only see 160K credits at 180K damage etc.

The game is designed to cost you. The idea being you have to spend money, in dollars to keep the T10 play going. Or be stuck with shoveling coal in T6 or whatever.

Operations Narai will bury you in millions of credits which can make a week very profitable.

I usually use a Z52 in Coop. It costs about 110 to 150,000 credits just to play in average ammo used and damage or sunk. As long I have a 100K game with her or generate a sufficient amount of credits its profitable. Earlier this week I had about 133 million credits on hand. Using the new patch chinse token selling for credits and so on I am now approaching 150 million credits. And I hardly played that much this week. Maybe a dozen games or a few more. A few of which is a day in operations at killerwhale with the BB's

At some point the credits will run out and that will be that for the entire game. I do not buy credits with dollars. Thats the worst thing you can do.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Thanks 1

[HOP4S]
Members
6,993 posts
35,404 battles
6 hours ago, shivanbill said:

So that you "spend real money" to avoid losing in-game money.........   To encourage Premium Time or force you into Randoms and PVP. 

• Thanks 2

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
3,171 posts
9,064 battles
8 hours ago, shivanbill said:

That seems wacked that I'm forced to play low tier to pay for the right to play high tier  , I would have thought that was done when I leveled though the damn tier in the first place . It cost so much to buy ships and upgrade them now I have to farm credits so I can just play . 

World of tanks is worse with credit grinding 

• Cool 1

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
1,498 posts
8,467 battles
8 hours ago, a252 said:

WG wants you to play the "Main Mode" so the service cost is high in coop.

Service cost in Coop is 25% cheaper than randoms due to the reduced earnings. 

8 hours ago, shivanbill said:

T8 and 9 are the money tiers (depending on your proficiency with the ships at those tiers). And farming credits is a thing. I went through a period leading up to the holiday events where I did that, both in Ops and Coop (all I play, note I have premium and buy the perma camos and I only run signals and expendable camos  in Ops as a rule). Ops is more lucrative fully flagged but it lasts 20 minutes as opposed to 5 (or less, currently) in Coop. Went from around 60m to around 120m. And yes, it was kind of a slog. 100m is now my 'floor'. Dropped below that a bit during the Christmas events equipping ships from crates but I am back to just over 105m. I have 3 TT ships waiting for another build up before I buy them.

Edited by SkullCowboy_60

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,277 battles
10 hours ago, shivanbill said:

• XP and Credit payments after the battle are reduced approx -50% vs the same results in PVP
  • The Service Fee is only reduced -25% for Co-op

So you are making less credits, and while it is reduced, the service fee reduction does not off set the lesser credit rewards. The net result is you make less. Example of what I mean below using hypothetical same game results and then comparing Random vs Co-op for rewards...

Note - figures below do not take modifiers or Clan perks into acct. These are base numbers.

1. Random Game:

• Base credit payout = 200,000
  • Service Fee = -50,000 + -10,000 (ammo) for a total of -60,000
  • Profit = 140,000 

2. Co-op Game:

• Base credit payout = 100,000 (200,000 -50% - could be more but it is a LOT whatever the % is)
  • Service Fee = -37,500 (50,000 -25%) + -10,000 (ammo - no reduction) = -47,500
  • Profit = 52,500 
Edited by AdmiralThunder

[TORCH]
Members
829 posts
8,354 battles

You can make pretty good credits at high tiers in COOP if you have premium time + use premium ships...or something like the Salem with its credit modifiers and high performance ability can really stack up the credits at t10 in COOP...You aren't going to get much out of tech tree ships though...