You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mister_Tanman

MM Fail.....

38 comments in this topic

[FT]
Members
292 posts
14,295 battles

So if you are in a DIV with two T6s and a T5, MM will stick you in a T8 battle. But they will also include a random T5 on the other team to balance it out. Stupid. 

image.thumb.png.21015248e1f181fa1a8a84811aaa7a45.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

Members
3,357 posts
3,059 battles
51 minutes ago, Mister_Tanman said:

Stupid.

^ perfectly describes someone who still doesn't understand the MM after 13K battles. Look stuff up before you start a worthless complaint. I'm not going to waste my time explaining. :cap_viking:

Edited by black_hull4
emphasis
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 8

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,296 battles

That shouldn't be happening. Was he in a div at the beginning of the battle perhaps?

@black_hull4 How about you try explaining this one hotshot....??? I'm very curious

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 4

[TDRB]
Members
7,362 posts
16,186 battles

It sucks to be the T5, been there. I was in a DD as well. But The red team did not have a T5 for "balance" and they shouldn't be punished.

• Cool 2

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,296 battles
18 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

^ perfectly describes someone who still doesn't understand the MM after 13K battles. Look stuff up before you start a worthless complaint. I'm not going to waste my time explaining. :cap_viking:

Waste your time explaining and show how stupid he is for asking the question. Dare you.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
47 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

That shouldn't be happening. Was he in a div at the beginning of the battle perhaps?

It looks to me like the matchmaker matched the two tier VI CVs to a game and then pulled in the tier V ship along with it because it was in a division. We've all seen this. However, the inclusion of the "balance" for the failed division seems new.

Edited by Snargfargle

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,296 battles
15 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

It looks to me like the matchmaker matched the two tier VI CVs to a game and then pulled in the tier V ship along with it because it was in a division. We've all seen this. However, the inclusion of the "balance" for the failed division seems new.

Exactly. However @black_hull4 and his derision seem to have disappeared when faced with the challenge of explaining it.

Also, @Mister_Tanman do you happen to have the replay?

Edited by Ducky_shot

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
26 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Exactly. However @black_hull4 and his derision seem to have disappeared when faced with the challenge of explaining it.

Also, @Mister_Tanman do you happen to have the replay?

Have they discussed this in any of the Dev blogs?

[WOLFX]
Members
814 posts
1,713 battles
6 hours ago, Mister_Tanman said:

But they will also include a random T5 on the other team to balance it out. Stupid. 

Obviously you are complaining because you lost.

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
37,022 battles

Pulling in the stand-alone tier 5 on the other side should not have happened. The failure division is just that, you mix you tiers there is a chance low man gets screwed with the three-tier spread that just a risk you take.  It's not stupid you apparently are just in aware of that's how it works. 

Uless you are in a game with a CV then you can game the match making. 

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
7 hours ago, Mister_Tanman said:

So if you are in a DIV with two T6s and a T5, MM will stick you in a T8 battle. But they will also include a random T5 on the other team to balance it out. Stupid. 

image.thumb.png.21015248e1f181fa1a8a84811aaa7a45.png

Wait a minute...

You lost to a tier 5  (fail DIV) in a tier 8 match... Judging by the scores... They sucked and did not produced, Yet... You guys had the OP/over capable ships, and couldn't produce results either...

They lived, the tier 5 lived and you guys had 7 ships sunk to their 2???

Look bro, I would not even post this in a public setting... Its like looking at the Dallas Cowboys VS the 49ers Wild card match all over again...

This is not a MM issue, its beyond human failure on your fleet...

WOW! MM is random.. This proves it...

• Meh 2

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
37,022 battles
23 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Wait a minute...

You lost to a tier 5  (fail DIV) in a tier 8 match... Judging by the scores... They sucked and did not produced, Yet... You guys had the OP/over capable ships, and couldn't produce results either...

Look bro, I would not even post this in a public setting... Its like looking at the Dallas Cowboys VS the 49ers Wild card match all over again...

All your points valid, and I agree with them; except this is a MM issue, from my understanding that stand alone tier 5 should not have been brought in. Perhaps there has been a change in the selection process, maybe the moderators know

Edited by vikingno2
  • Cool 1

[ORP]
Members
97 posts
22,822 battles

This shouldn’t have happened unless Nicholas was also in a failed div, but left the div before the game was over. 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
31 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

All your points valid, and I agree with them; except this is a MM issue, from my understanding that stand alone tier 5 should not have been brought in. Perhaps there has been a change in the selection process, maybe the moderators know

He lost by 5 ships... That is a %30 LOSS in fleet comeback power because of (IMO)them  not  even trying/showing up to play.. What I'm getting at with the math... Even if you take away ( he was last anyways) the green tier 5 and substitute it with a different DD within MM specs...

I still am not convinced he would've win... Instead of 7 ships you lose what 5??? 5 ships to 2 and the match ends on points.. Everyone on the green side failed or just simply put, pulled a Dallas Cowboy and never showed up for the majority of the match... The top 5 on the red team where 2 cruisers and 3 BBs... That DD wouldn't of stand a chance.

I just can't justify MM criticism when the whole fleet is not playing the match.. When you dont show up to play, all your past stats dont matter.. No special type of MM is going to give you or salvage a win. It just can't...

On paper... The OP should've won... YET, its random and the red team pulled off the win... Hats off to the red side for an underdog win and showing up.. From my POV, this should be viewed as a positive for MM.. The underdog can win against all odds with

• Fail DIV
  • OP/over capable ships

against them... NOT.. The other negative narrative...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Meh 2

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,800 posts
20,741 battles

I'm not sure I understand the confusion.

From what I am aware, and have seen in the past, when you have a 'Fail Div' (and we'll use this instance) where a T5 Divs with two T6:

1) The MM looks at the higher tier and bases the battle off of that., meaning the highest tier a T6 can face is an 8, thus the T5 gets to see a T8 battle.

2) The MM always balances the teams and pulled in a random player to balance out the T5. I have seen this numerous times in the past, and have been on the receiving end where becuase of a 'Fail Div', some innocent gets pulled into a higher tiered battle then they were expecting.

50 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Wait a minute...

Given the battle and it being a blow-out, it may not have lasted long enough to score major points. However, the T5 did do better score-wise then his Div mates.

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,296 battles
44 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

I'm not sure I understand the confusion.

From what I am aware, and have seen in the past, when you have a 'Fail Div' (and we'll use this instance) where a T5 Divs with two T6:

1) The MM looks at the higher tier and bases the battle off of that., meaning the highest tier a T6 can face is an 8, thus the T5 gets to see a T8 battle.

2) The MM always balances the teams and pulled in a random player to balance out the T5. I have seen this numerous times in the past, and have been on the receiving end where becuase of a 'Fail Div', some innocent gets pulled into a higher tiered battle then they were expecting.

Given the battle and it being a blow-out, it may not have lasted long enough to score major points. However, the T5 did do better score-wise then his Div mates.

No, a random player queuing solo is not supposed to be pulled into a +3 game. 

+2/-2 MM

I call hogwash on that statement that you've seen it happen all the time and request screenshots.

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 2

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,296 battles
6 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Have they discussed this in any of the Dev blogs?

Not that I have seen, but if I can get a replay and the Nicholas wasn't in a division, I'll be asking WG about this. 

The Nicholas is a brand new player, but he has played a few games in division, but no one had looked at his account before so nothing to say that all his games in the past day were solo or not, so replay is the only way. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
4 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Not that I have seen, but if I can get a replay and the Nicholas wasn't in a division, I'll be asking WG about this. 

Looking back over the years of posts on this matter I've found reference to the matchmaker pulling in two "fail divisions" to balance the tiers. The person who suggested that the tier V on the one team that wasn't in a division had left it after he was sunk and prior to the screenshot being taken may have something. A replay would confirm this but I doubt that we are going to see one.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WOLFG]
Members
17,121 posts
20,520 battles
8 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Classic Fail Division - talked about a ton in the forums.

The point is that the Nicholas on the green team should not have been in that game, unless he started in a div with a tier VI ship and left the division before the game was over.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,551 posts
20,974 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

The point is that the Nicholas on the green team should not have been in that game, unless he started in a div with a tier VI ship and left the division before the game was over.

Quoting and increasing the font size so that just maybe those that missed the point might actually see it and comprehend what the OP is saying.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
37,022 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

He lost by 5 ships... That is a %30 LOSS in fleet comeback power because of (IMO)them  not  even trying/showing up to play.. What I'm getting at with the math... Even if you take away ( he was last anyways) the green tier 5 and substitute it with a different DD within MM specs...

I still am not convinced he would've win... Instead of 7 ships you lose what 5??? 5 ships to 2 and the match ends on points.. Everyone on the green side failed or just simply put, pulled a Dallas Cowboy and never showed up for the majority of the match... The top 5 on the red team where 2 cruisers and 3 BBs... That DD wouldn't of stand a chance.

I just can't justify MM criticism when the whole fleet is not playing the match.. When you dont show up to play, all your past stats dont matter.. No special type of MM is going to give you or salvage a win. It just can't...

On paper... The OP should've won... YET, its random and the red team pulled off the win... Hats off to the red side for an underdog win and showing up.. From my POV, this should be viewed as a positive for MM.. The underdog can win against all odds with

• Fail DIV
  • OP/over capable ships

against them... NOT.. The other negative narrative...

Ok I got what you're saying, but it means nothing. Who won and by how much doesn't matter at all? That single tier 5 shouldn't be in the match. You are talking about a bunch of crap that doesn't mean anything. That tier 5 alone should not have been pulled in period that's it all the rest of what you said is irrelevant to the issue. I'm repeating myself because you are not seeing what other are saying. 

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles
1 hour ago, ORPBury said:

This shouldn’t have happened unless Nicholas was also in a failed div, but left the div before the game was over. 

I'd bet good money this is what happened.  Note there is no A division, but there are B and C.  So there was an A, but not anymore.  One of the T6 brought that T5 in with a division which was disbanded during the fight.

MM DOES LOOK for fail divisions to match up.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Thanks 3

Members
51 posts
1,048 battles
12 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I'd bet good money this is what happened.  Note there is no A division, but there are B and C.  So there was an A, but not anymore.  One of the T6 brought that T5 in with a division which was disbanded during the fight.

MM DOES LOOK for fail divisions to match up.

A division is on the red side. Divisions A, B, C, and D are all visible in the pic the OP posted. The Nicholas would have had to have dropped from D division (B has 3 ships) or from an E division that dropped.

[FT]
Members
292 posts
14,295 battles

20220127_221008_PGSB208-Zieten_15_NE_north.wowsreplay

Here is the replay. During the game, I scrolled back through chat and didn't see the T5 leave a DIV. It might have happened right at the beginning.

For the trolls, I didn't care about the win/lose. I held my own. I was just pointing out the bad matching making.

@black_hull4 Yet you wasted your time posting that I was wasting my time. Adorable.