You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WM1957

Co-op is indeed busted

12 comments in this topic

[PHD]
Members
493 posts
20,328 battles

I have been playing a lot more operations lately and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I wish there were more tier based operations for all the tiers from 5-10. The atmosphere is much better and players do better working together.

after playing a lot of operations, Co-op seems to be almost boring with its 3-4 minute battles. Battleships rarely getting big scores, especially in rattles that have 4 Destroyers, a couple of Cruisers, a couple.of Battleships and an Aircraft Carrier. 

Bots are so pathetic now. They collide with each other, they randomly torpedo islands with no enemy within 15 km and they rarely hit anything when they shoot their main guns and they constantly ignore a threat that is in close proximity and shoot at something 15-20 km away.

It needs to be fixed. It is a shame that so many bots have the names of famous admirals and don’t live up to it.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 4

[CO-OP]
Members
5,197 posts
43,292 battles
1 minute ago, WM1957 said:

I have been playing a lot more operations lately and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I wish there were more tier based operations for all the tiers from 5-10. The atmosphere is much better and players do better working together.

after playing a lot of operations, Co-op seems to be almost boring with its 3-4 minute battles. Battleships rarely getting big scores, especially in rattles that have 4 Destroyers, a couple of Cruisers, a couple.of Battleships and an Aircraft Carrier. 

Bots are so pathetic now. They collide with each other, they randomly torpedo islands with no enemy within 15 km and they rarely hit anything when they shoot their main guns and they constantly ignore a threat that is in close proximity and shoot at something 15-20 km away.

It needs to be fixed. It is a shame that so many bots have the names of famous admirals and don’t live up to it.

They're working on it.  The latest PTS seems like they may be testing the AI for operations.  This could be a precursor to getting the old operations back in the roatation.

• Meh 2

[2020]
Members
190 posts
17,390 battles

I am playing WOWS 0.11.1 public test. The bots seem to be shooting better.

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

They made the bots really bad a few months ago. To accomodate whatever halloween event etc.

The Coop bots today are so bad, I just ram the first DD with the ram flag and then nuke the next two or three ships. Happy Time farming damage.

Then I got sick of it. I play maybe one or two per day if that. And log off.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles
2 hours ago, WM1957 said:

Battleships rarely getting big scores, especially in rattles that have 4 Destroyers, a couple of Cruisers, a couple.of Battleships and an Aircraft Carrier. 

If those Co-Op BB players played more aggressively like I do with mine, they'd be fine.  I play a lot of Battleships aggressively for PVE and it's not an issue for me.

• Meh 4

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,651 battles
9 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If those Co-Op BB players played more aggressively like I do with mine, they'd be fine.  I play a lot of Battleships aggressively for PVE and it's not an issue for me.

The problem isn't always a lack of aggressiveness.  Sometimes it's a lack of speed.   And sometimes the DDs get in deep and kill the enemy before the BBs can get close enough to do some  work.  It's not as big a problem at higher tiers where the BBs have more speed, though the US BBs on the new line are dreadfully slow and can suffer from this problem.

• Thanks 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The problem isn't always a lack of aggressiveness.  Sometimes it's a lack of speed.   And sometimes the DDs get in deep and kill the enemy before the BBs can get close enough to do some  work.  It's not as big a problem at higher tiers where the BBs have more speed, though the US BBs on the new line are dreadfully slow and can suffer from this problem.

Can't use the BB speed against me in High Tier when the nastiest, fastest Destroyers with the most powerful torpedo loads are there also.  Shimakaze with 15 torpedoes.  Kleber with super fast speed, great torp launch angles, very quick reloading torpedoes that still do good damage.

Yet I get what's mine with my Battleships.  Matter of fact, my Vermont does more damage average than my Destroyers.  I've tossed that challenge out for others to look up their own Co-Op stats:  I've found that despite all the whining people make about their BBs, they still do more damage average than their Destroyers.

All the ships get their games where they don't do much.

All the ships get their games where they do really well.

Yet in the long run, you'll still see the BBs in Co-Op do better.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 4

[SSN]
Members
175 posts
21,835 battles

Bots may be busted, and coop suck. But they suck so much less than the supposed teammates in random or ranked or not clan members. Random humans on teams are far less dependable and are always your real enemies. You know he enemy wants to kill you. The humans on your side are chicken cowards that almost never help and run when shot at.

[WFR]
Members
622 posts

Yeah, Coop's fun factor has dropped dramatically. Too many games where everything is dead before you can do anything, and it's all over in 4 minutes flat. I can't recall the last game I had that hit 8 minutes. The bots are so bad the fundamental game design premise and class balance breaks down. When only one side is actually playing the game, and the other just hits W 4 times and turns itself off, that gets old quick.

The fun part is when you get stuff games where WG does something like stick one Supership bot on your team that's otherwise all human players, and it just runs straight at and rams its opposite counterpart, both ships having net contributed nothing to the battle, taken a spot a player could have in the game, and no players got any XP or rewards for that kill, basically the server wasted CPU cycle time running those bots.

I'd really like a Coop mode that actually played like Coop, as advertised in the game "Fight against bots in cooperation with Players", instead of "Fight against your teammates in a Black-Friday-esque rush to damage farm before everything's dead in 240 seconds flat because one side isn't actually playing", as that's really not fun nor the advertised intent/goal, and starts bringing way too much of the wrong kind of stress of from PvP back into it.

• Thanks 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

They need to implement a "hard" mode for Coop and perhaps even an "extreme" mode too. I've played a few Coop games to knock off snowflakes or quickly complete missions. The matches are usually over in five minutes unless there is a sub, which is a pain as the humans then have to wait around for it to surface to end the game. Quick matches are good for a "rinse and repeat" ship kills spree to complete a mission but can't be all that much fun for those who like the PVE game.

[HOP4S]
Members
6,993 posts
35,404 battles
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Can't use the BB speed against me in High Tier when the nastiest, fastest Destroyers with the most powerful torpedo loads are there also.  Shimakaze with 15 torpedoes.  Kleber with super fast speed, great torp launch angles, very quick reloading torpedoes that still do good damage.

Yet I get what's mine with my Battleships.  Matter of fact, my Vermont does more damage average than my Destroyers.  I've tossed that challenge out for others to look up their own Co-Op stats:  I've found that despite all the whining people make about their BBs, they still do more damage average than their Destroyers.

OK, we run into each other several times a week in COOP and usually agree with you.......!  Not this time.   The longest task I've experienced so far, isn't the 30-40-50K BXP............it's the Potential Damage (PD) recently.   Gosh, my speed boosted BB's should have been enough - yes>?    No.   I spent five times as long trying to get PD in the Dockyard event than any other PD requirement in the previous 4 years !   Why>>>?

Non-Mirrored caps.  Spawning at A or C with a DD or a Cruiser and there simply isn't any enemy bots there to shoot and the majority of the bots are at B with all of them being torpedo destroyed by minute 4.  Three salvos and that was that:  match after match after match.

As said:  4+ DD's.    Game over man..........in less that 4 minutes.  Three minutes and twenty seconds is the record I've recorded so far.   Heck, in several of my DD's, the 2:30 torpedo arm time gets you to the BB's and CA's and one minute after that, every ship is destroyed via Torp - Game over man !   The Carrier drivers get two flights and do almost no damage....>!

Yesterday, before I finally finished that task, a player said "why don't you just play the Georgia" all of the time and be done with this.........."  So, that's how I finished the task:  played the fastest BB in the game I suspect (is that correct?) and played four COOP matches and finished the task....  But, what does that say really??>?  

COOP is significantly broken.......end of line.

[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,820 battles
9 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The other thing no one mentions is once the DD wipes out his flank it will be minutes before he gets in range to shoot or Torp again.  Your BB has the range to keep firing over a much larger area, and can get a lot more damage.