Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Super Ships

18 comments in this topic

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
37,022 battles

How much longer we got with this super ship crap, much like subs its throwing the games all out of wack. 

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

Members
221 posts
11,670 battles

I would have to agree, super ships do not belong in randoms, but WG sees a cash cow and unfortunately will not stop. Me and my clan mates ran a triple Satsuma div yesterday, it was a joke how accurate and punishing that ship is. Also the Conde and Anapolis can literally one shot destroyers and cruisers. It is obvious WG does not care about game balance at this point what so ever. 

Edited by MemezRus
  • Cool 3

[-THG-]
Members
2,629 posts
8,022 battles

Sadly it is the peak of the iceberg. We will see more super ship,  and probably in the future CB season with them.

[PAT]
Members
1,258 posts
15,083 battles

Superships are inevitable. WG has clearly been on a path to rework the game economy for some time. If enough people make noise they may actually be balanced by official release, but so far most don't seem to realize their potential due to the skill gap present in their current iterations. Many have been lulled into a false sense of security by the fact that superships tend to seem like a bit of a joke in the hands of the casual player.

• Cool 1

Members
869 posts
9,489 battles

I have no interest in any of them, outside their own game mode.  But I'm sure there is a spreadsheet somewhere that says otherwise...

• Cool 1

[AFK]
Members
458 posts
6,222 battles

I honestly don't mind them. They only seem a bit stronger than ships already in the game, and they're quite fun to face really! They add some spice to the otherwise stagnant game :D

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,082 posts
29,342 battles
3 hours ago, MemezRus said:

but WG sees a cash cow

Please explain to me the means by which they intend superships to make money.

Members
221 posts
11,670 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's really simple actually, these will cost a lot of credits to run and the player base will buy credits in order to afford to run these. If you don't think this is the case you are crazy. The majority of this player base is really, really, really bad at this game and they rush tier 10 because they think tier 10 ships are the best, you don't think the same will happen with super ships?

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

Members
261 posts
8,582 battles
2 hours ago, Valas1 said:

I have no interest in any of them, outside their own game mode.  But I'm sure there is a spreadsheet somewhere that says otherwise...

Same. I don’t even like the alt-history concept of them, of which the newly-announced Super CVs now laughably fly in the face of (no pun intended). I don’t know what WG is thinking. They’re not even done implementing the subs abomination and now they’re shoehorning in a whole new tier of these fantasy ships.

[A-D-F]
Members
698 posts
4 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Oh the bright side, T8 gets some added value. 

until the Match Maker is altered to "queue dump" T8s in along with the "Supper ships"... because "reasons" ( regression towards the mean and all that "spreadsheet jazz" )

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
612 posts

i dont see them as crap, i see them as targets. they have not inpressed me yet. they seem to burn well.

• Boring 1

[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,833 battles
7 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I can see the following:

Every tech tree line will eventually have a Supership at the top.  The first group may only cost 1 XP to get, but the others won't.  And to play them they will cost a ton of credits (unless of course, you buy premium time and perma camos).  At that point, it will be only a matter of time before Supership Premiums are released. 

These ships will be allowed in all highly competitive modes, so those players / clans without them will be at a disadvantage, so....

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
3,173 posts
9,066 battles

I saw this happening all the way back when the grand battles mode started. I tried to sound the alarm 🚨 multiple times to no avail. If you all really want to fix things push the idea of separating superships off into a modern warships set of tiers. I think the only way to make these superships work is to make them the new  tier 1 of a modern warships line. I think this needs to happen as historic ships like USS Kitty Hawk and USS John F Kennedy are going to be scrapped soon. I would like to see these ships preserved inside of world of warships. Obviously not facing artillery ships. So in essence my idea artillery ships tiers 1-10 remain as is. Superships become the new tier 1 of the modern ship line and can’t face the artillery ships tiers of 1-10. So the game Would have two different eras to choose from artillery ship age and modern ship age. I will be most likely be making a video on this in the near future. @Notser let me know what you think of this, thanks.

• Cool 2

[PAT]
Members
1,258 posts
15,083 battles
9 hours ago, Cheeezzy said:

I honestly don't mind them. They only seem a bit stronger than ships already in the game, and they're quite fun to face really! They add some spice to the otherwise stagnant game :D

I dunno, is deleting a full HP DD per game "a bit stronger" or no? Genuinely curious how people would assess that kind of performance.

[X-PN]
Members
3,841 posts
17,725 battles
2 hours ago, kyesac said:

I can see the following:

Every tech tree line will eventually have a Supership at the top.  The first group may only cost 1 XP to get, but the others won't.  And to play them they will cost a ton of credits (unless of course, you buy premium time and perma camos).  At that point, it will be only a matter of time before Supership Premiums are released. 

These ships will be allowed in all highly competitive modes, so those players / clans without them will be at a disadvantage, so....

This will probably be the super Petro.... with 200mm icebreaker of course....

image.thumb.png.99ef930c889f638581de3c477fbf7e79.png

[EDEG]
Members
510 posts
14,729 battles

Honestly I haven't seen that much difference, but I usually play cruisers and DDs. Satsuma, Hannover, Conde, Annapolis -- sure, they'll dumpster my Des Moines if I make a mistake, but only marginally faster than a Yamato, Shiki, Petro, other Des Moines, and so on. And I absolutely love seeing one of the "super" BBs when I'm in a fire-starting ship. Friesland serves Hannovers Memphis style.

Full disclosure, I don't think they should be in randoms. That goes double for randoms that include T9s. It's just wildly unfair for a Seattle, Roon, Lion, etc., to be at that much of a disadvantage.