You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

Lunar New Year

33 comments in this topic

[D-DAY]
Members
7,602 posts
23 minutes ago, michael_zahnle said:

Interesting.

funny.jpg

Ooops - the same type of 'genuine' mistake that's regularly made. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[TO07]
Members
4,302 posts
31,695 battles
46 minutes ago, michael_zahnle said:

Interesting.

funny.jpg

Go in Random and just ram  18 times

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[WOLFG]
Members
17,119 posts
20,505 battles
1 hour ago, michael_zahnle said:

Interesting.

funny.jpg

At least WG is consistent with this.

• Cool 1

[BUOY]
Members
2,219 posts
22,194 battles
18 minutes ago, Le_Mofoman said:

What about ships such as Bajie? Are they not coming back ever?

Those are in different crates. Kinda wierd they didn't unify like BF crates.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,077 posts
29,316 battles
1 hour ago, lloyd1701 said:

Those are in different crates.

Which ones? 

Am confuzzled, and I am not often confuzzled about these events.

5 hours ago, michael_zahnle said:

Interesting.

Co-op is left in there in the event that Co-op achievements should ever return (remember the temporary four-goal haul achievement AKA baby kraken, aka Cuttlefish unleashed, in the Ovechkin events). 

But EIGHTEEN? No, WG, not even though I might go to Randoms. You're asking a bit much here.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[RICCO]
Members
144 posts
42,103 battles

Wait....I spend 750 dubloons for a Premium Container that I have a chance of winning 750 dubloons? HUH?

money-wallet.gif.f62084a365390b6194159b276f25dd52.gif

Edited by The_Hutt
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[USCG]
Members
1,005 posts
31,524 battles
23 minutes ago, The_Hutt said:

Wait....I spend 750 dubloons for a Premium Container that I have a chance of winning 750 dubloons? HUH?

money-wallet.gif.f62084a365390b6194159b276f25dd52.gif

I believe I read in the armory that IF you have all the ships and/or permacamos you will receive 250 dubs as your prize if you receive one of these in your container.  What happened to receiving the ship’s value or camo value in dubs??? 250 dubs?? Come on WGing…

Edited by cgbosn4

[RATIO]
[RATIO]
Members
19 posts
4,566 battles
4 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

I believe I read in the armory that IF you have all the ships and/or permacamos you will receive 250 dubs as your prize if you receive one of these in your container.  What happened to receiving the ship’s value or camo value in dubs??? 250 dubs?? Come on WGing…

They have always been against using crates as a way to potentially profit.  Since there are so few ships and they are all available for purchase it would be pretty easy to game the system by buying all of them and then just purchasing crates to potentially get more dubs than you spent.  They are simply substituting the ships category to the dubs category which is 750/250 for premium/basic crates.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,077 posts
29,316 battles
1 minute ago, Newtzilla_ said:

Looking at it shows "Offer closed" on all the containers etc, suggesting that this is literally yesterday's (or rather last year's) news. I remember the article from last year. Your google-fu failed you, I'm afraid! 

• Funny 1
  • Meh 2

[CO-OP]
Members
5,201 posts
43,308 battles

23 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Which ones? 

Co-op is left in there in the event that Co-op achievements should ever return (remember the temporary four-goal haul achievement AKA baby kraken, aka Cuttlefish unleashed, in the Ovechkin events). 

But EIGHTEEN? No, WG, not even though I might go to Randoms. You're asking a bit much here.

Agreed.  18 achievements is definitely over the top.  Previous requirements for Lunar New Year flags were never this extreme.

[BUOY]
Members
2,219 posts
22,194 battles
49 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Which ones? 

Last year they released 'Journey to the West' crates with those ships since they did some weird 'Lunar New Year: Part 2' thing I guess purely to grab max cash from those who celebrate the holiday.

Since not rereleasing Bajie, Wukong and etc. is just leaving money on the table I'm guessing they will be doing that some time soon.

• Cool 1

[TRW]
Members
128 posts
25,019 battles

yeah I got all the missing ones last year..... kind of nice not to feel I am "missing out" on something for once......I am still trying to go through the 350+ chinese new year camos..... lol.  Not my favoriate for sure.  Queen Elizabeth enjoys it.

[RATIO]
[RATIO]
Members
19 posts
4,566 battles
47 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Looking at it shows "Offer closed" on all the containers etc, suggesting that this is literally yesterday's (or rather last year's) news. I remember the article from last year. Your google-fu failed you, I'm afraid! 

I'm well aware that is the article from 1 year ago.  I was answering your question about which crates contained Bajie/Wukong etc.  I had a similar wonder as others in this thread if they are going to bring them back this year.

They still have yet to release Dalian, the named PA commander and the Chung Mu camo, so it seems very likely there will be some more armory events.

Edited by Newtzilla_

Members
139 posts
14,627 battles
6 hours ago, michael_zahnle said:

Interesting.

funny.jpg

I actually just came here to protest this kind of B S and low and behold some others have beat me to it :Smile_izmena:  They really need the same person that actually knows about the game to fill in the requirements, instead of the lackey in the mail room.   Its like the one couple weeks ago 1000 or 1200 in co-op.  We all know there are other ways to get it, but not sure why they didn't do what they did in past.  "Split it up"  and/or this way etc...

• Thanks 1

[TRW]
Members
128 posts
25,019 battles
14 minutes ago, Rockhound_97 said:

I actually just came here to protest this kind of B S and low and behold some others have beat me to it :Smile_izmena:  They really need the same person that actually knows about the game to fill in the requirements, instead of the lackey in the mail room.   Its like the one couple weeks ago 1000 or 1200 in co-op.  We all know there are other ways to get it, but not sure why they didn't do what they did in past.  "Split it up"  and/or this way etc...

My general thinking on this is "can I complete the task in < 25 battles" (thinking about dockyard for example).  If the answer is no, then it seems rather ridiculous for a mission.  This is a good example.  Sometimes I might get 3-4 achievememts (high caliber, kraken, first kill etc.) but you are not going to get that in every battle.... so for many this kind of criteria feels like 75 battles.... unless as one user said... ram... but that also means a yolo situation in most cases which is not a winning attitude.  

The dockyard battle of 1200 main battery hits (for a BB) was nuts.... I mean I'd get 30 or 40 on average in a battle... but that is still 30-40 battles right?  I have virtually all ships... so was able to take BBs with higher fire rates and accuracy.... but that is not the case for many users.  I mean if you only had New York and New Mexico.... ouch.

• Cool 3

Members
139 posts
14,627 battles
39 minutes ago, Stampineer said:

My general thinking on this is "can I complete the task in < 25 battles" (thinking about dockyard for example).  If the answer is no, then it seems rather ridiculous for a mission.  This is a good example.  Sometimes I might get 3-4 achievememts (high caliber, kraken, first kill etc.) but you are not going to get that in every battle.... so for many this kind of criteria feels like 75 battles.... unless as one user said... ram... but that also means a yolo situation in most cases which is not a winning attitude.  

The dockyard battle of 1200 main battery hits (for a BB) was nuts.... I mean I'd get 30 or 40 on average in a battle... but that is still 30-40 battles right?  I have virtually all ships... so was able to take BBs with higher fire rates and accuracy.... but that is not the case for many users.  I mean if you only had New York and New Mexico.... ouch.

Yeah i thought that was nuts to, i just took my Horst and charged in  :cap_rambo:  It seems the numbers are getting really close to the Puerto Rico dock yard dumpster fire.... which i figure they would have learned is a bad thing.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,077 posts
29,316 battles
10 minutes ago, Rockhound_97 said:

It seems the numbers are getting really close to the Puerto Rico dock yard dumpster fire..

I went through that, and this is a walk in the park by comparison - to the point where I've finished most of this in co-op.

Please stop playing that card. It's a busted flush.

• Funny 1
  • Meh 4

[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
2,262 posts
26,520 battles

The Dragon ships used to be $15. Now it's closer to 30. Milk milk milk!

[LWOP]
Members
7 posts
507 battles
1 hour ago, Cit_the_bed said:

The Dragon ships used to be $15. Now it's closer to 30. Milk milk milk!

But as a tier 7 cruiser, the doubloons price is in line with the other tier 7 cruisers.... plus you get some extra stuff.

(Not that I'm defending it... I just think the dragon camos are pretty neat, except for the red eyes on the blue one.)

Are the Dragon ships actually premium-ized tier 7 Myoko cruisers, or are they progression / tech tree only but with a permanent camo attached?