You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Infeedel

Anyone understand the crash reorpt files and faultfinding which mod/s are causing crashes?

8 comments in this topic

[DOW]
Beta Testers
1,317 posts
18,814 battles

Been using Aslain's again and this patch is causing some game crashing.

View mods broken by latest patch or could someone suggest some possible causes please?

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
1 hour ago, Infeedel said:

Been using Aslain's again and this patch is causing some game crashing.

View mods broken by latest patch or could someone suggest some possible causes please?

Have you played the game with the WGC client on safe mode>?

• Cool 1

[DOW]
Beta Testers
1,317 posts
18,814 battles

Hiya Navalpride33, hope you had a good Christmas and NewYear.

tbh no, not yet. It's the same as usual (with) memory crashes even though it's under 25% of (my) physical RAM.

I'm wondering if there are any settings which extend the RAM capacity, because it's really frustrating when my systems have had 16 and 32 Gigabyte of physical memory and the game still crashes below 4G used..

I've just built my system on Z-590/11600K/16G 3600 C14/NVMe boot & data with a decent GPU for 3840x1600 75Hz, even though my LNP powered NBNCo internet sucks a$$ @ 100mbps it should still just work as advertised.

Edited by Infeedel
Edit in italics

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
12 minutes ago, Infeedel said:

Hiya Navalpride33, hope you had a good Christmas and NewYear.

tbh no, not yet. It's the same as usual (with) memory crashes even though it's under 25% of (my) physical RAM.

I'm wondering if there are any settings which extend the RAM capacity, because it's really frustrating when my systems have had 16 and 32 Gigabyte of physical memory and the game still crashes below 4G used..

I've just built my system on Z-590/11600K/16G 3600 C14/NVMe boot & data with a decent GPU for 3840x1600 75Hz, even though my LNP powered NBNCo internet sucks a$$ @ 100mbps it should still just work as advertised.

Are you sure you have what you noted above as certain? Try the WGC safe mode first...

[DOW]
Beta Testers
1,317 posts
18,814 battles

Would not have posted a lie when requesting help and re-iterate below:

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
11 hours ago, Infeedel said:

Would not have posted a lie when requesting help and re-iterate below:

I'm wondering if there are any settings which extend the RAM capacity, because it's really frustrating when my systems have had 16 and 32 Gigabyte of physical memory and the game still crashes below 4G used..thi

If this is a memory issue as you stated.. Few things are going on, to be honest I dont know where the issue lays atm... I'm more of a hardware guy not software...

• Usually RAM dont have any requirement or setting... Then again
    • Check your internal bios and see if the bios is bottlenecking it
      • OR
    • Go here and see if optimizing RAM will help
  • There's a memory leak maybe?? Here's a site to fix that https://windowsreport.com/memory-leak-windows-10/
  • Faulty memory ??
    • OR
  • Hardware placed in the slot which in turn, creating the bottleneck from there...

Check these possibilities over... Thing is.. You built it, so you know what happen and whats in it. You know the process taken from start to finish.. I, am working in pitch black trying to pinpoint where is the issue...

@Snargfargle

Whenever you have time.. Check the OP's system and see if I might over look the obvious...

Do you remember any other system builders that can help him??? In one of the threads, someone post good guides...Since I'm not an archivist, I did not save it... Do you know any ?

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

I don't think his problem is with his RAM, it's that the modification he's using is incompatible with the patch. Uninstall the Aslain's packet and then use the WOWS file check tool to repair the install. If this doesn't work them you may need to manually delete the res_mods folder.

• Cool 1

[DOW]
Beta Testers
1,317 posts
18,814 battles

Thank you both for your posts.

@Navalpride33

I build all the family PCs, this one is fine and quite capable for an 6c12t kf series i5 running up to 4.9GHz out of the box with up to 24 PCIE (3.0) lanes it is far more capable than my Z270/7700K.

@Snargfargle nailed it, although I'd already removed a bunch of mods (prior to reading the post from the dust bowl LOL ) and re-installed Aslain's which solved my issue.

I was hoping to gain some insight into faultfinding the mods through the WG crash report files and try to improve the RAM use limits within the client if anyone can help with this..?