Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
magnum196940

Max Immelmann

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

114
[_PVE_]
Members
274 posts
27,698 battles

So I got this ship from the dockyard big gift container.I am not a good CV player.Any pointers from CV players for coop..My main CV play is with tier 4 Langley.

Edited by magnum196940
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[TXGUN]
Members
469 posts
7,697 battles

Go to Askance's YouTube channel AKedOLSDltxRnRS6Mlw2JgIVirqjyELfqlduc3-H

He has many videos on how to play carriers, captain builds, and specific information on Immelmann. I play mine in coop. The AA I think is the same in random. You have get your planes launched and attack a target quickly as red team dies quickly.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,132
[WOLF8]
Members
9,264 posts
7,537 battles

Since you posted this on the PVE Content subforum, I'm guessing that this is for the Coop.

In PvP, you should hide your CV and try to conserve your planes for the late game. However, in Coop, you need to be more aggressive, because typical Coop matches can be too short for a CV to do much otherwise. If you are too timid, then you could spend more time flying back & forth with your squadrons, while your team wipes the floor with the bots in no time. As such, you should push up with your CV with your team, to shorten the flight time as much as you can. Of course, don't park yourself right in the open or too close to the front line, or the bots will shoot at you from all sides. Just go close enough, behind some islands. If you specced for a secondary build, you could try to go a bit closer for your guns to do their part. Don't worry too much about plane conservation, as there won't be any "late game" for you to use them on, for most part.

Of course, you shouldn't just throw your planes away for nothing. You still need to go after feasible targets, as best as you can, but most of the time you'll just make snap decisions by the seat of your pants, due to lack of time. You'll often be forced to engage difficult targets (i.e. the ones with dangerous AA), but if you do commit for a strike, then make sure you can land the hits. Every strike counts. Don't be afraid to recall your squadron if things look too dicey though.

Fortunately, German planes tend to have very fast speed, so be sure to take advantage of it. Additionally, the skip bombers of Immelmann can launch their ordinances from quite a long distance, even outside some AA aura, which can aid in getting your strikes in as much as possible. They can also hit pretty dang hard. Practice to ensure a good accuracy with them-- they're her bread and butter. At first, using them may feel a bit iffy... but once you get a hang of it, it's not difficult at all.

Good luck, and have fun with her. :Smile_Default:

My two German skip bombs... lol. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,598
[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,116 battles
4 hours ago, magnum196940 said:

So I got this ship from the dockyard big gift container.I am not a good CV player.Any pointers from CV players for coop..My main CV play is with tier 4 Langley.

Very little CV experience here...just test server play...

But...if it's a German CV*** in co-op...

8 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

1- As such, you should push up with your CV with your team, to shorten the flight time as much as you can.

2- Of course, don't park yourself right in the open or too close to the front line, or the bots will shoot at you from all sides.

3-Just go close enough, behind some islands.

4- If you specced for a secondary build, you could try to go a bit closer for your guns to do their part.

1- Most definitely push...in any CV in co-op)...

2- Yes...bots will shoot at you from all sides...but if you're a co-op main you know that they can't hit the side of a barn if they were parked inside it right now...with the auto DCP with long cool down you only need to check there isn't a bunch of BBs broadside to you between flights & use autopilot to change course if there is (but take priority target to know if they're even aiming at you or if you can just ignore them).

3- No islands...straight up the middle (to their base if there is 1...to middle cap if there isn't).

4- There is no "if" to 2ndary build...

***It's a German CV...against bots that can't hit you...spec 2ndaries to the max & farm them all.

Even if they do eventually wear you down you will see it coming & the match will be almost over by then anyway...just launch your last flight & head to their CV with it because it will probably be the only bot left by that time.

(On reread of this next paragraph I'd say to target any torp capable bot close to you that seems like your team or 2ndaries may not be able to handle because OP torps are the only tool the bots got left anymore)...

I'd suggest going for the more distant targets (with planes) at 1st (unless a close one is completely blocked off from your team by islands) so they don't just evaporate from team fire as your ordinance is launched.

Between each flight change your 2ndary target lock to a new ship (can't do that while flying) & let your 2ndaries farm what they can of the close ships before your team finishes them off while your planes go for targets you can get some damage off of before your team takes them out.

Save CV for last...they are the most pathetic of them for dealing damage to you or your team...don't even waste time dodging their attacks as they will be so far off anyway & the few rounds that hit will be minimal damage wise to you.

That is what every CV player I've seen playing for months now does & I can't recall the last time I seen a CV (or anything much else either lately...except intentional yoloers farming flakes last update...which are over now) get sunk.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,779
[CO-OP]
Members
3,741 posts
37,549 battles

Immelman is the only CV I actually have fun in COOP with.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,456
[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,611 posts
16,549 battles
16 hours ago, magnum196940 said:

So I got this ship from the dockyard big gift container.I am not a good CV player.Any pointers from CV players for coop..My main CV play is with tier 4 Langley.

Here was a Coaching Session I had with a long-term supporter of my stream.  I covered a LOT about the ship and its play pattern.

Direct Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcNbo5hjx3w

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,147 posts
On 1/27/2022 at 9:56 AM, Ahskance said:

Here was a Coaching Session I had with a long-term supporter of my stream.  I covered a LOT about the ship and its play pattern.

Direct Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcNbo5hjx3w

Thank you so much for this video.

I watched the whole video (and the training room session a second time) and unfortunately - when trying out the sieging mechanic on a Midway (with an Immelmann) - I seem to trigger the fighter in about 80%-90% of cases. :Smile_unsure: After my drop I press immediately "A" to turn left and "S" to slow down and then switch from "S" to "W", once I've executed a 100 to 120 degree turn and then I release "A" to gain additional speed by flying straight.  Not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong or if my reflexes just aren't up to this. 

Does it actually matter, where the fighter in its circle around the ship is (e.g. if it's behind the ship, it's less likely to latch on, since further away from me than if it's just in front of the ship at that moment)? 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,456
[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,611 posts
16,549 battles
8 hours ago, tangofan said:

Thank you so much for this video.

I watched the whole video (and the training room session a second time) and unfortunately - when trying out the sieging mechanic on a Midway (with an Immelmann) - I seem to trigger the fighter in about 80%-90% of cases. :Smile_unsure: After my drop I press immediately "A" to turn left and "S" to slow down and then switch from "S" to "W", once I've executed a 100 to 120 degree turn and then I release "A" to gain additional speed by flying straight.  Not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong or if my reflexes just aren't up to this. 

Does it actually matter, where the fighter in its circle around the ship is (e.g. if it's behind the ship, it's less likely to latch on, since further away from me than if it's just in front of the ship at that moment)?

Anecdotally, yes.  The fighter seems slower to respond if it's on the far side.  Mechanically, I'd have to assume it has a "Patrol Radius" just like a normal Fighter.

If you're dropping your Skips at Max speed (+5% Bomber Speed, +2.5% Plane Speed) you should be dropping around 4.5-4.3km out.  With immediately slowing and hard turning, you should move into around 3.7-3.5, which shouldn't be close enough to latch the fighter.

Remember, you can start turning IMMEDIATELY after you click the mouse to drop the bombs.  You might be waiting until the bombs hit the water?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,555
[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,880 battles

Immelmann in Co-Op ???

For 'nearly' all the battles, take the Secondary Captain skill and charge right into the nearest cap.

You'll take some damage, but the HP pool on the Immelmann is deep.  If you get sunk, well, the matches are so short that the game is already over anyway.

Launch some planes... fly around...  maybe get some hits..  do your best.

-----------------------------------

I say 'nearly' all the battles.   Check the roster.  If it's just you and zero-two humans...  might want to hold back a bit and be more supportive to your team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,178
[WPORT]
Members
20,793 posts
22,691 battles
On 1/27/2022 at 12:04 AM, Blorgh2017 said:

Since you posted this on the PVE Content subforum, I'm guessing that this is for the Coop.

In PvP, you should hide your CV and try to conserve your planes for the late game. However, in Coop, you need to be more aggressive, because typical Coop matches can be too short for a CV to do much otherwise. If you are too timid, then you could spend more time flying back & forth with your squadrons, while your team wipes the floor with the bots in no time. As such, you should push up with your CV with your team, to shorten the flight time as much as you can. Of course, don't park yourself right in the open or too close to the front line, or the bots will shoot at you from all sides. Just go close enough, behind some islands. If you specced for a secondary build, you could try to go a bit closer for your guns to do their part. Don't worry too much about plane conservation, as there won't be any "late game" for you to use them on, for most part.

Of course, you shouldn't just throw your planes away for nothing. You still need to go after feasible targets, as best as you can, but most of the time you'll just make snap decisions by the seat of your pants, due to lack of time. You'll often be forced to engage difficult targets (i.e. the ones with dangerous AA), but if you do commit for a strike, then make sure you can land the hits. Every strike counts. Don't be afraid to recall your squadron if things look too dicey though.

Fortunately, German planes tend to have very fast speed, so be sure to take advantage of it. Additionally, the skip bombers of Immelmann can launch their ordinances from quite a long distance, even outside some AA aura, which can aid in getting your strikes in as much as possible. They can also hit pretty dang hard. Practice to ensure a good accuracy with them-- they're her bread and butter. At first, using them may feel a bit iffy... but once you get a hang of it, it's not difficult at all.

Good luck, and have fun with her. :Smile_Default:

My two German skip bombs... lol. :Smile_hiding:

Giving this ^^^^ a +1 and a thumbs-up.  :-)  :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,178
[WPORT]
Members
20,793 posts
22,691 battles

I've charged forward in Co-op games while playing a Saipan or a Sanzang  (which have no secondary battery guns).
The idea was to be as close as possible to the targets and hit them hard & often to "clear a path" in front of my CV's hull, while I sail it directly towards the opposing 'Bot CV (to get aircraft shoot-down ribbons).

It makes for a lively game.  :-)

Most of my German CV's are set-up with secondary-battery meme-builds or are in the process of earning the Captain's Skill points to get there.  :-)

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,311
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,191 posts
30,943 battles

German CVs for PVE are just built differently from all the other CV Lines because of their secondaries.  I try to brawl with my German CVs while all other CV Lines / other Premium CVs, I avoided it.  Those German CV secondaries will do good work for you.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×