You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
waterman165

Cleveland

9 comments in this topic

Members
88 posts
4,130 battles

Did they Nerf the Cleveland's armor and citadel? I haven't played it (or any cruisers in random) in almost 2 years and I remember that it wasn't a tank or anything but i'm being absolutely smacked left right and center. Every game i've payed so far, there is a point where 1/3 to 1/2 of my health just evaporates regardless of angle. Is that just how cruisers are now? 

[WHARF]
Members
843 posts
22,486 battles
1 hour ago, waterman165 said:

Did they Nerf the Cleveland's armor and citadel? I haven't played it (or any cruisers in random) in almost 2 years and I remember that it wasn't a tank or anything but i'm being absolutely smacked left right and center. Every game i've payed so far, there is a point where 1/3 to 1/2 of my health just evaporates regardless of angle. Is that just how cruisers are now? 

yes...thats how it is now,,,i dont play above tier 6 anymore,,,,,BBs are just too powerful...like you said..donsnt matter what you do

[-THG-]
Members
2,609 posts
7,990 battles
2 hours ago, waterman165 said:

Are you talking of the era where Cleveland was tier 6?

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,003 battles
15 hours ago, waterman165 said:

It's a light cruiser...all of that could happen back then just as well as it can now...even heavy cruisers (not the BCs...but just heavy cruisers) can do that to you if there RNG sacrifices are up to date.

That being said there are a lot more BBs lines (Edit: as @Sabot_100 clarified for me BBs & BCs that can overmatch you...the idea I had when I said it but didn't clarify) out there nowadays & a lot of new BCs too (Edit part deuce...which is a tie in to the next paragraph here: But just because there are more doesn't mean any of them were in your battles)...

But we don't know what the lineups were in all those battles...

& a 2 year break from them can cause a little rust in the reflexes until you get back into the swing of things (even if you've been playing steady & just haven't played light cruisers in that time)..

Light cruisers (especially US CLs due to no torps) are the toughest to do well in because they're so glassy w/out the DD detection numbers...better detection numbers than anything else but still need cover to get aggressive because their aggression requires a gun bloom most DDs don't require (because of torp option instead of needing to use turrets).

They rain hell down on DDs in exchange so their BXP totals can get up there despite low damage numbers...but they have a much harder time going dark again afterwards.

Suggest trying out the heavy bow tankers (DM line) instead until you get back in the swing of things.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,862 posts
21,289 battles
5 hours ago, waterman165 said:

there is a point where 1/3 to 1/2 of my health just evaporates regardless of angle

you need to provide replay

[CVA16]
Members
8,844 posts
26,995 battles
54 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

That being said there are a lot more BBs lines out there nowadays & a lot of new BCs too...

Not just more BBs, but more with overmatch guns where angling doesn't work.

[GC]
Alpha Tester
1,101 posts
5,173 battles

Cleveland gets overmatched by 15", which is pretty much every BB gun at tier 9 and 10, and quite a few below that as well. That isn't a new development;  it's been the case ever since Cleveland was moved up to tier 8. Hug those islands like they're your waifu!

--Helms

[R_N]
Beta Testers
882 posts
1,602 battles

Honestly it’s just a shadow of its former self back in the day. Now that it’s a tier 8 and see’s basically all high tier matches it’s armor is paper. Add the fact that they have added so many lines with larger guns and improved shells and it is literally a glass cannon now. It’s basically a Atlanta with somewhat larger guns.