You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CapnCazuul

Elite Capt XP

5 comments in this topic

[_FJB]
Members
347 posts
8,598 battles

Can anyone point me to a thread that explains the ins/outs of Elite Captain XP since the last rework? I have a 19 and a 20 pt and I am trying to decide whether to burn points and free XP to bump them up. I also need to find out how my current 21 pointers earn xp that can go toward this, not clear on that either.

Thanks for any help!

[CO-OP]
Members
3,737 posts
37,503 battles

I'd seriously not burn FXP on it, the advantages of 21 pt captains are nowhere near what the old 19pt capt system had.

Quick count, at the time of the rework I had 32 x 19pt Captains, I currently have 15 x 21 point captains. 6 of which were converted at the rework with ECXP.

Edited by Efros
  • Cool 1

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

Your 21's earn points 100% of which goes into the EXCP. That you see inside the Skills Table in upper right corner.

Any commander 20 and under contributes just 5% of that since the rework, rest goes into the unconverted FXP Pool for which you need doubleloons to convert to Green FXP in upper right of your port.

I have about 14 million unconverted points from 7 years of gaming in Wows, it will take me between 2000 to 2500 US dollars or roughly half a million doubleloons to convert all that crapinto FXP that can be used to level commanders to 21, buy tech tree ships etc.

Its really a racket.

Now. During 200% events with special economic flags and regular economics in NARAI or other Op you are very good at, your first 21 point commander will stack and stack and stack ECXP to where you would maybe have three 21's within a week. Your first 21 is a break through.

Special commanders like Halsey, Gunther etc can be made 21 and then moved around your entire nation's ships for free or at nominal cost to retrain.

WG Reworked the commanders to take away skills and actually NERF everything overall vs the old 19's and hand you 21's to think wow you are awesome. But its not. Especially when you consider its about almost a million FXP to get from 20 to 21.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,956 posts
18,539 battles
4 minutes ago, CapnCazuul said:

Can anyone point me to a thread that explains the ins/outs of Elite Captain XP since the last rework? I have a 19 and a 20 pt and I am trying to decide whether to burn points and free XP to bump them up. I also need to find out how my current 21 pointers earn xp that can go toward this, not clear on that either.

Thanks for any help!

Elite Commander XP works largely the same as it did before the rework: 21-point captains build ECXP for you. Before the rework, it was 19-pointers.

There are a few points that are different since the rework:

1. Sub-21 point captains earn a “bonus” 5% commander XP every battle, that goes into the ECXP pool.

2. Captains in retraining don’t earn the 5% bonus, even in premium ships.

3. Captains in retraining have NO active skills (unless they are on a premium ship). Before the rework, some skills were 50%-effective during retraining.

4. You can go into battle now without a captain. A captain-less ship earns neither commander XP nor ECXP. Before the rework, a captain was necessary.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1