You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ole_seabee

Why do you play ranked ?

39 comments in this topic

[TF16B]
[TF16B]
Members
323 posts
20,392 battles

Ok i have seen topics of why play co-op or random. So why do you play ranked.

For myself the steel. or dubs. I only play bronze. Yes the game can get toxic , decent rewards?

And as i dislike CV there are less here than most games ... me thinks the aa is better and they cant just [edited] everyone.

I have if lucky had some great matches win or loose rare but id rather play this than random co-op is a fnk joke.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles

Simple. I want steel. Annoyance is temporary, big f-off guns are forever.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[PHLNX]
Members
555 posts
14,625 battles

I like the small group format- 7v7 is just like clan battles without clannies. I do tend to see the same people frequently,  so that can be good (or bad depending on the situation).

The steel and dubs are good, and silver league has been a good challenge  to help me improve.

I've turned off chat, which has helped the toxicity,  although that was not as toxic as some randoms I've been in recently. 

[A-I-M]
Members
4,956 posts
18,534 battles

To borrow someone else’s whiny complaint about another game mode:

“The bad MM, bad players, boring game play and all the salt,” that’s why I keep on playing ranked.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

[SALVO]
Members
16,411 posts
10,178 battles

I do like the format. As a solo player it provides the most "fair" and balanced play experience. Individual influence is maximized, and there's even a mechanic in place to not punish you if you deliver a good performance. 

The setup is also much more consistent and predictable, making it the optimal mode to farm resources with the better reward ratio. Add on top the extra camos, steel and dubs... Nothing pays better.

The meta is much more active and fast paced, aggressive gameplay is highly rewarded. It is also easier to game the Q in your favor, dodging CVs is trivial and drop line ups are fairly predictable, giving you time to adjust your ship type as better suits the pool... Dis I say playing against CVs is for all practical purposes optional? 

Player quality is also better on avg than Randoms and tbh I find Randoms much more frustrating than Ranked. The only problem with Ranked is it gets repetitive (thus boring)... But it isn't that big of a problem for me as I just play a couple matches a day and rotate modes a lot.

Honestly, Ranked saved WoWS for me. It is my undisputed go-to game mode.

[PAT]
Members
1,258 posts
15,083 battles

By the end of the season, Bronze is pretty much auto-win. It's a good place to chill.

[-THG-]
Members
2,616 posts
8,006 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Simple. I want steel. Annoyance is temporary, big f-off guns are forever.

let me guess: purring your way toward Incomparable?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles
5 minutes ago, Karstodes said:

let me guess: purring your way toward Incomparable?

Do cats scratch? :D

vm9uVKa.jpg

Edited by Lert

[-THG-]
Members
2,616 posts
8,006 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

Do cats scratch? :D

Indeed they do.

indeed

[CO-OP]
Members
3,726 posts
37,437 battles

I dabbled in ranked until the yoyos hit and it would irritate me and bore me, neither of which are what I play games for. I used to play ranked sprint and really enjoyed it, and then they messed around with it and I don't anymore. 

• Thanks 1

[KILL]
Members
1,444 posts
15,262 battles
10 minutes ago, Efros said:

I dabbled in ranked until the yoyos hit and it would irritate me and bore me, neither of which are what I play games for. I used to play ranked sprint and really enjoyed it, and then they messed around with it and I don't anymore. 

you gonna have that everywhere.   Get up to silver you get less, i suppose gold is even fewer

Members
2,100 posts

because i hope wows will increase the rewards ( steel ,dubs ) and keep it at tier X so people with experience , and a play style all their own have a place to play thats highly competitive ..i also hope someday wows can pick up a sponsor to add to the rewards and grow the tier X player base in this mode .. 

only competitive mode where all ships made  and released to the public are allowed to  play competitively  

but wows has to keep tech tree rentals out of this mode ...

Edited by arch4random
no reason
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,411 posts
10,178 battles
6 minutes ago, arch4random said:

keep it at tier X so people with experience , and a play style all their own have a place to play thats highly competitive

You are joking right?... 

• Cool 1

Wiki Editor
275 posts
8,136 battles

It is much easier to carry in ranked than in randoms due to there being less players on each side. Additionally, ranked playstyle is generally more agressive for the aformentioned reason which also makes it fun.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,411 posts
10,178 battles
1 minute ago, arch4random said:

no 

The mixed tiers is the best format for Ranked, it gives you the most variety... if you like T. X you can play at Gold if that's what you want. Personally I deeply dislike T. X.

Ranked is not and will never be a place just for "people with experience". It is open for everyone as any other game mode, you can find a higher level of experience on average but there will always be a portion of newbies, nothing wrong there.

And above all... Ranked is not a competitive mode, just read the thread... it is mostly a farming mode. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,100 posts
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

The mixed tiers is the best format for Ranked, it gives you the most variety..

no it absolutely is not that

2 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Ranked is not and will never be a place just for "people with experience"

yes it is and has always been that

2 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

And above all... Ranked is not a competitive mode

its the only competitive mode that there is and and allows all ship types and no ship bans

6 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

just read the thread... it is mostly a farming mode. 

if you believe every thing you read on these forums you are being led to the slaughter 

• Boring 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,653 posts
22,604 battles
2 hours ago, ole_seabee said:

Why do you play ranked ?

By ole_seabee,

Ok i have seen topics of why play co-op or random. So why do you play ranked.

For myself the steel. or dubs. I only play bronze. Yes the game can get toxic , decent rewards?

And as i dislike CV there are less here than most games ... me thinks the aa is better and they cant just [edited] everyone.

I have if lucky had some great matches win or loose rare but id rather play this than random co-op is a fnk joke.

To test my skills.
To earn rewards.

Generally I participate in the Bronze League and once in a blue moon I get the urge to play in the Silver League for a few games.

Occasionally I earn Close-Quarters Expert achievements with a CV.  
"Priceless."  :-)

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles

I enjoy Ranked for the most part, but a lot of it is that A) the rewards are best and B) it's an eligible game mode for most grinding in missions and such.

I like the smaller team sizes, the fixed Tier spread, and the way that I can play in Silver League where I don't have to play with the super unicums and low-skill but persistent tryhards in Gold but also don't have to deal with as many irredeemable potatoes as in Bronze.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

[WOLFG]
Members
1,248 posts
21,705 battles

Steel. And the reward camos look pretty cool, lol. But the main reason is steel. I only play Bronze, but still pretty easy getting 600 steel every couple of weeks.