You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

Developer Bulletin for Update 0.11.1

63 comments in this topic

[-NT-]
Members
211 posts
5,454 battles

I really, really hope these bundles” with Canarias and Dido will either be reasonably obtainable and not subject to random chance, or it coincides with a direct purchase option. 

If they hide these two highly anticipated ships behind random chance as the only option for acquisition, I don’t think I’ll be alone in being pretty darn frustrated. 

[WOLFC]
Members
6,101 posts
17,230 battles

“A new temporary resource called Mediterranean Tokens, plus Coal. Navigate to a special tab in the Armory to exchange your Mediterranean Tokens for bundles with  VI Dido and  VI Canarias in their Atlantic camouflage, as well as other rewards.”

Well, now we know why Dido got clubbed so hard with the nerf bat. Looks like she’s going to obtainable for in-game currency, and given that’s it’s for the new currency and those will be obtained from Personal Challenges, she likely won’t be too difficult to obtain.

17 minutes ago, celticboy27 said:

I really, really hope these bundles” with Canarias and Dido will either be reasonably obtainable and not subject to random chance, or it coincides with a direct purchase option. 

If they hide these two highly anticipated ships behind random chance as the only option for acquisition, I don’t think I’ll be alone in being pretty darn frustrated. 

There was a lot of pushback last year regarding both the plan to re-release MO exclusively in random bundles and the release of Agincourt exclusively in Jutland containers. After both those debacles WG committed to avoid such releases locked behind random mechanics in the future. We’ll see if they meant what they said.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[RVNHQ]
Members
9 posts
26,585 battles

jets? what's next modern ships with cruise missiles? its bad enough you already have ships from the 50's. 

• Cool 8

[GUTZ]
Members
22 posts
2,755 battles

Anticipated release date?  Need to know when to have the GK researched by.  

All the super carrier/super ship nonsense is just comical to me.  Having recently come back to the game after a few years of being absent, how many currency times/monetization methods can wargaming shove down the player-base's throats?  Oh, and if all the previous weren't enough now we have SHIP-based currency on top of all that.  

Edited by Hovi7s
  • Cool 4

[-GF-]
Beta Testers
1,291 posts
12,909 battles
13 minutes ago, wyliem said:

jets? what's next modern ships with cruise missiles? its bad enough you already have ships from the 50's. 

Jets used to be in the game a long time ago on the midway!

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
677 posts
20,073 battles
11 minutes ago, Hovi7s said:

Anticipated release date?  Need to know when to have the GK researched by.  . . .

assuming they stick with 4-week cycle, 16FEB

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[SKI]
Members
4 posts
2,135 battles

So CV's will have more incentive to seal club the most vulnerable ships?
That's going to go over like a fart in church.

• Cool 4

[KUK-M]
Members
129 posts
3,392 battles

Good to know that there are going to be annoying supercarriers now. 

Edit: But I'm actually excited too. 

Edited by The_Emperor_Defender

[KUK-M]
Members
129 posts
3,392 battles
20 minutes ago, TYPHOON0216 said:

What is next nukes?

Probably. Then we'll we might get something like the helicarrier. 

[WOLFH]
Members
1,527 posts
2 hours ago, wyliem said:

You heard it here first - I'm holding out for a hydrofoil gunboat with hypersonic missiles.

I am beginning to believe that if it ain't stupid, WG won't do it.

Edited by Bill1923
  • Cool 1

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,389 posts
10,241 battles

i rode a hovercraft across the english channel to france as a child, in a bad storm. We were greeted by dolphins.

[PTRGT]
Members
1 post
2,222 battles

Why does the United States have an island? It lacking one was one of the main design elements, so it could use large-wing bombers before they figured out the angled flight deck.

Members
1,533 posts
12,151 battles

Super carriers! Are these people still that much out of touch with their playerbase that they think the majority actually want overpowered CV's in the game....again? The more this sorta thing goes on, the less I find a reason to play.

• Cool 7

[UNCLN]
Members
424 posts
19,357 battles

I only care, is it doable to get both Dido and Canarias for reasonable effort.

Also, I am happy with the status of bot ai in coop.

[OGF]
Members
1,275 posts
43,315 battles

Speaking of updating rewards, when is WG going to come to its senses and reinstate our rewards for achievements?

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 5

[OGF]
Members
1,275 posts
43,315 battles
42 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

Super carriers! Are these people still that much out of touch with their playerbase that they think the majority actually want overpowered CV's in the game....again? The more this sorta thing goes on, the less I find a reason to play.

I wouldn't worry too much.  How often do you see the other "Super Ships" at the top of the scoreboard after battle?  They're more like "So-So Ships."

[CAAT]
Members
6,268 posts
8,033 battles
5 hours ago, iamSamoth said:

jets.

W-Wargaming and the JETSSSSSSSS....

• Funny 2

[CAAT]
Members
6,268 posts
8,033 battles
58 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

Not to mention how Super CVs actually TRAMPLE upon the actual idea of "superships" in the first place. .........So basically:

WG: "Captains, Welcome "Superships" to the game. These newly added ships are based on this premise: what if nations continued building powerful artillery ships instead of aircraft carriers?"

Also WG: "AdD In SuPeR CvS AnD JeTs LoL"

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

[CAAT]
Members
6,268 posts
8,033 battles
1 hour ago, illrigger187 said:

Why does the United States have an island? It lacking one was one of the main design elements, so it could use large-wing bombers before they figured out the angled flight deck.

Not gonna lie, glad they placed an island on the ship, it looks so much better lols!

giphy.gif.22051a2603af3d58f7d118a8fe26eb6b.gif

But that's just personal preference ;P

Edited by SaiIor_Moon